Power cord run behind drywall..Legal?? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 32 Old 02-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI, The male recepticle should be in a junction box as well. They make a recessed version so it is not sticking out of the wall as pictured in some of the previous posts. This is code in my area, but may not be in others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tim
I don't see the connection, or your point.

I don't understand how a homeowner performing work (without a permit, as no inspector would ever approve these methods) in a clearly non-compliant manner has any corrolation to a pre-existing condition that met code at the time it was installed.

Don't misunderstand-- I am wholeheartedly in favor of a homeowner being able to perform work on their own house. But anyone installing anything electrical should have a basic understanding of the electrical code.

Furthermore, if you are under the impression that the insurance company puts your bottom line before theirs, I think you are sorely mistaken. The only thing an insurance company loves better than subrogating against a 3rd party to recoup your claim is not paying it at all.

Tim
Sorry Tim,

It wasn't personal. Just that my abilities are more than the typical DIYer. It's the The World Will End If posts that just irk me. I had already agreed that the wall mount mall (RV Connector) was probably the best work around in this situation.
Closed Thread Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page