Sorry all for leaving this thread hanging like I did but life got in the way as it always seems to do. The basement took a back seat to school, work, sports, and life in general but I am back and ready to finish this thing off. I am tired of adjusting the lens every time I switch from 16:9 and 2.35:1 and my wife is ready for closure on this beast
I can not believe it has been a year since I last posted anything. And unfortunately for me not a lot has gotten done in this last year in the basement. Last time I posted I still had the following left to do:
- Carpet had just really gone in and I was getting equipment in.
- There was a ton of trim work left to do in the main basement and in the theater room
- Only a small part of the fabric in the HT was up and none of the soffits we completed
- Finish the HT celing
- Massive painting effort on trim work
- None of my HVAC stuff was installed
- And a myriad of other things that however small add up to a lot of work to get them done
-Wanted to do a MAME cabinet but had not started yet, etc, etc, etc
You get the idea. Well, I have finally started getting the remainder of the items completed and feel that I can be COMPLETE within 2 weeks. My wife and kids are heading to Ohio for a couple weeks this coming Friday and I will be all alone with nothing to do so it is high time I get things completed.
First up will be the MAME cabinet. Here is a bit older set of pics of the cabinet and the control panel.
All that is left on this is painting and finishing up/installing the marquee. I will be working on the marquee tonight so I can get it over to the printer for printing. I am going to back light it with a black light so it should look fairly nice. I might be able to get the thing painted tonight as well. High gloss black. I need to figure out what I can do for side marquees
Next up will be the anamorphic lens. I have the prisms but I need to take the projector down and set it up in the living room so I can get the angles set up properly. Building it will be easy once I get the prism angles set.
Some things I can do with little work are things like light trims. I have 7 cans that I do not have trims for but all it takes is a trip to Lowe's to get them done.
I made a pretty extensive list of things to get done and I have already begun to make a dent in the list. If I just take 1 hour each evening after my daughter goes to bed I can get a lot accomplished and things will be done before you know it.
One thing I think I may be regretting is the seats. Not a comfort issue mind you, just a noise issue. They are not the quietest things in the world and any movement causes squeaks and such. They are simply not what I was hoping for. A couple of the backs catch on each other when you lean back but that may be a poor installation problem as my stanchions may be a bit close together even though I measured twice. I may also remove all my seats this weekend and reinstall them but I am afraid of how the current screw holes in the riser will affect re-installation.
Keep an eye out as there will be a lot more pics to come soon.
To answer some of the questions in previous posts.
1. I did get the painting of the support post issue resolved. I used black velvet wrapped around the posts from behind and stapled in. Worked perfectly.
2. I love the Sheerweave 4500 material. Looks great and no sound issues at all to my ears. Electronics might say otherwise but I likely could not tell anyway.
3. Trim work on the riser and stage is getting completed this weekend, including painting.
4. All wall fabric is up and looks great. Had a couple ripples in the upper fabric but they disappeared once I got the AC hooked up downstairs. I think it was a humidity issue.
5. More photos to come