The big green monster that was
a seven-foot ligustrum hedge along our driveway has been reduced to many little green monsters. I've wanted to cut that sucker down for ten years, and it's finally done. The new grass in the front lawn is all up and has even been mowed once already. The landscapers have renovated the back yard, so hopefully we'll have new grass back there soon. I've handled a ridiculously long string of honey-do's the last several weeks, and re-hanging decorative window treatments in the living room was the last one today.
So, what about the room, huh?
I still need to straighten up and move everything away from the stage, just to have enough room to work on the stage and proscenium. I measured and traced two curves for the sides today. I rolled back the carpet padding, drove a nail in the back corner and stretched a wire for drawing curves about three inches in from the front lip of the outside left and right. I put down a three-foot section of 1x12 clear pine and drew the first curve, then shortened the wire another three inches and drew a second curve inside the first. After drawing the two end lines, I took it outside and cut it for a template to draw several more pieces. Cutting two of them took less time than expected, so I cut them all before quitting for the night. Together with 1x4s, black spray paint and speaker fabric, these will form the fabric walls hiding the speakers on either side of the stage.
I just went to take a picture of the pieces (because I know you're all skeptical that way) and ran into two problems: the camera's not charged, and my memory card has wandered off somewhere. I promise now that I'm working on the room again, I'll provide some new pictures. (Honest!)