OK, time for an update, lest everyone thing I've been doing nothing. 9/28/2006
Another late night at work finishing up a project deliverable, but I got the screen and frame masked.
The screen is masked. You can see the that the frame masking looks a bit loose. This is because it will be held in place when the screen is mounted to the wall.
A close up of the looseness. The fabric is screwed into the back of the frame at certain spots, but the excess will be used as a buffer between the screen and the wall.9/29/2006
One step closer... The screen is mounted! The list of things to be done before we're done with phase I is very short now. Technically we're functional, even though the cables haven't been run.
The screen is mounted to the wall using seven #10 x 3" screws and finish washers. There are 4 on the top into the studs and 3 on the bottom.
After screwing the bottom down and re-attaching the masking, I discovered that we've got a nail pop in the sheetrock. I'll tap it down and retexure/paint it this week.
In celebration of our first official Family Movie Night in our last house a year ago, we decided to order pizza and watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on DVD. Last year we watched it on a 32" WEGA CRT. This year, we watched it on a 112" 16:9 screen. Needless to say, the kids were impressed, and I got a better idea of what needs to be done before the sleepover next weekend.