Big Red theater build 21' x 27' - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 542 Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
IndyGreg,

Hopefully you don't mind me bringing up your thread! Your theater is awesome.

I have a couple of questions though. I didn't see in your thread the actual dimensions of your risers. I am about to build a riser for my room, and plan to do three rows, with the third row being a bar like you have. I know most say 6-6.5' feet for a riser with recliners, but what did you do for the riser with the bar and office chairs? My room will fit between 4' and 5' ft for the that third row. To accomplish 5 feet I have to move front row 6" toward the screen, and cut my second row riser to 6'.

I want the bar top to be 12" to 15", but not likely any wider than that. It will be about 10' long!

Also, what are the measurements for your office chairs? I have a 2ftx2ft office chair that I have been doing all my testing on. That is most likely what I will end up using.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 542 Old 06-21-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry i just saw this. my third row riser was only about 5' deep and my countertop was 16" deep. i wouldn't want the counter any shallower and wish i had a little more depth. with a solid wall under it you find that your feet need a place to go. maybe should have left a kick under the wall for your toes to stick through. my chairs are just regular staples office chairs around 2x2.

greg

-------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page