HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by avhero_classof88 View Post

Hey,
Is that black paint around the screens or something else?

Not sure of which theater you are referring to, a lot of guys here surround the screens black felt border with additional black acoustical transparent fabric panels hiding speakers or paint the front wall black to improve overall field of vision contrast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 876 Old 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Kennedy View Post

Here is my Screen wall. 110" 16:9 Stewart Firehawk surrounded by my Atlantic Technology System 20 inwalls.

Now I need to get some real furniture!

exactly what im looking for.
post #273 of 876 Old 07-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapiozona View Post

Simple...not much on the accoustics...but it's mine.

now this is beautiful...

WOW.
post #274 of 876 Old 07-11-2008, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykissimmee View Post

now this is beautiful...

WOW.

Indeed!

===================================

|
|
post #275 of 876 Old 07-12-2008, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

128" Carada BW

How can you tell someone figured out how to embed pictures today?

post #276 of 876 Old 07-13-2008, 09:35 AM

Sweet. Very, very nice.

When's movie night?
post #277 of 876 Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Here is one we just finished:

Bud

Check out a video of my  

post #278 of 876 Old 07-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Here is mine. Each panel comes out seperately for easy access.

post #279 of 876 Old 07-13-2008, 01:22 PM

Very nice!
post #280 of 876 Old 07-13-2008, 07:52 PM

Here is our theatre room....

post #281 of 876 Old 07-13-2008, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post

Here is mine. Each panel comes out seperately for easy access.

Can you post a shot with the panels removed?

Jason

post #282 of 876 Old 07-14-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Boy View Post

128" Carada BW

How can you tell someone figured out how to embed pictures today?

wow, im pretty sad there's no build thread for this one. this is awesome. is that a sub next to the couch?
post #283 of 876 Old 07-15-2008, 06:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by percept View Post

wow, im pretty sad there's no build thread for this one. this is awesome. is that a sub next to the couch?

No, it's a fridge/cooler. As my grandpappy said, never be more than 5 feet from your next cold one.

post #284 of 876 Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 AM

Stewart 110" 16x9 Luxus Deluxe Screenwall w/ StudioTek 130 Fabric

I'm planning to add a stage, and maybe curtains.

|
|
|

post #285 of 876 Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Still have cabinets doors to finish but you get the idea. Working with this sloped ceiling slowed things down a little bit. Removable panels are used in the front of each proscenium.

Bob

post #286 of 876 Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St View Post

very nice. what speakers and speaker stand for the center are you using. i need one for my center. thanks.

post #287 of 876 Old 07-16-2008, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aham23 View Post

very nice. what speakers and speaker stand for the center are you using. i need one for my center. thanks.

The speakers are all Axioms, and the center speaker stand is Axiom's matching stand for their VP-150.

If it helps, I've got direct links at the top of my home theater page.

|
|
|

post #288 of 876 Old 07-16-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:

Good job. Nice setup. I see your from Central Florida, what part? I'm from south Orlando I have also a dedicated HT room all DIY except the equipment. CIH 109 " curve screen with DIY anamorphic lens.
LL
post #289 of 876 Old 07-16-2008, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The speakers are all Axioms, and the center speaker stand is Axiom's matching stand for their VP-150.

If it helps, I've got direct links at the top of my home theater page.

thanks. i scrolled thru your site after i posted and figured it was the axiom stand. did you get a custom height or go with the standard? i have axioms myself. i had the center hung on the the wall with two easy anchor drywall screws. the ones that can hold up to 50 lbs each. well, they cant. the 30lb speaker fell off the wall recently. no damage. no big deal. just need to go with a stand and fix the wall. later.

post #290 of 876 Old 07-16-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle phil View Post

Good job. Nice setup. I see your from Central Florida, what part? I'm from south Orlando I have also a dedicated HT room all DIY except the equipment. CIH 109 " curve screen with DIY anamorphic lens.

Very nice!

I live in North Apopka.

|
|
|

post #291 of 876 Old 07-16-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:

thanks. i scrolled thru your site after i posted and figured it was the axiom stand. did you get a custom height or go with the standard?

I went 1" shorter than standard. It worked out perfectly--the center speaker sits just below the screen and dialog is crystal-clear.

Quote:

i have axioms myself. i had the center hung on the the wall with two easy anchor drywall screws. the ones that can hold up to 50 lbs each. well, they cant. the 30lb speaker fell off the wall recently. no damage. no big deal. just need to go with a stand and fix the wall. later.

I'm glad your speaker wasn't damaged!

|
|
|

post #292 of 876 Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I started this thread when I was researching for ideas and I never expected it to become such a heavy hitter. Its now time for me to add my own creation to this thread.

Room dimensions are 13wide x 16deep (actually 26 feet deep if you count all the way back to the wall)
screen is a DIY BOC 100" w/black velvet framed border

Doug
Where there's a beer, there's a way.

post #293 of 876 Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM

I'm a newb. I just finished my basement and am ready to install the projector and screen. My question is which one do I install first?

post #294 of 876 Old 08-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeers View Post

I'm a newb. I just finished my basement and am ready to install the projector and screen. My question is which one do I install first?

Try a temporary install of everything, map off your screen and find a way to temp mount your projector. That way, if everything doesn't work out, you can change your screen or projector mounting position.

Listen to the Real HT Info Podcast at
, including video reviews at my YouTube Channel:
post #295 of 876 Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Liked: 11
110" Carada Brillant White. The two columns to either side of the screen wall are stuffed with insulation and covered with speaker cloth. There are floor to ceiling (fixed) black velvet curtains on either side of the screen. They are hard to see in the photo. Barrel "evening sky" ceiling can also be seen here.

Enjoy.

The
Build Thread.

Project Photo Archive.

Todays Tip: Nothing good has ever come from the phrase "Here, hold my beer while I try this."
post #296 of 876 Old 09-08-2008, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just finished ours this weekend. Too bad we don't have a projector for a few weeks.

It's a 129" viewable 2.37:1 SMX screen with a GOM wrapped panel below.

||
post #297 of 876 Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 PM

Liked: 11
Call me a Geek. I like to look at my components when the lights are on.

100" screen in a 13' squarish room.

120" Electric Motorized Remote Projection Screen Movie Projector Black Matt 16:9, Elite Screens R115WH1-WIDE ezFrame Fixed Projection Screen (115" 2.35:1 AR)(CineWhite), Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2-Channel THX Select2 Plus Certified Network A/V Receiver(Black), Klipsch Reference Series R-1650-C In-Wall/In...
post #298 of 876 Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post

side walls are shaker beige, screen wall is fairview taupe (ben. moore colors). screen is dazian ccc diy job, speakers are dayton audio kevlar mtm, sub is outlaw audio lfm-1 ex. I did the room when I finished my basement this winter, media room was done on a budget and I'm really happy with the results. Maybe I should do a thread soon even though I don't technically have it 100% done (need furniture! just using 2 ikea chairs for now).

Vcook.... what color did you use for the ceiling?

==Cocophone==
post #299 of 876 Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocophone View Post

Vcook.... what color did you use for the ceiling?

haha, BM ceiling white!!
post #300 of 876 Old 09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Here's my screen wall.

120" 2.35 Screen: 9.75 ft wide.
Front wall: 12.5 ft
Seating Distance: 11 ft

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page