Hey guys, well i have enlisted the help of the SANDMANX, for a total redesign and help with the build out of my theater, this is #3, and i promise to my self this is going to be the last one, first we started ripping out all the old junk and stuff we cant use, which was the screen wall (aka. ticket booth) then we ripped out the platform (riser) and then we also scrapped the no good metal 80lb PJ box, the contractors who i hired had no idea what they were doing, i wasted almost $3k on garbage i have nothing to show for. The PJ box they made out of wood and metal studs then even covered it in mud, the thing was a metal tank the PJ would of sure set on fire in there.
but now with SandmanX help and a new crew of guys who also worked on SandmanX's theater I am on the way to hopefully with in this century watching a movie in my theater.
We started the soffit today, its 1 foot high by 2 foot wide, will feature a light tray and be wrapped in GOM 701, also will have a funning strip of veneer to hold the 12 lights that go around it.
Also i started a new list, of that we will be doing to get this project done
hopefully im thinkning 3 weeks to get it all done..
1. Remove old frame on stage
2. Insulate and cover top 6 windows
3. Remove and disconnect wiring for fan
4. Remove all crown and base trim
5. Rebuild platform and install all conduit
6. Rebuild steps and install lighting
7. Install all necessary low voltage wiring
8. Run 3 new 110 lines from main box in garage
9. Redesign and build new stage for curved screen, veneer upper lip, install 5 lights
10. Install return for HVAC in room on ceiling, also move A/c Vents
11. Install black base
12. Build custom projector box with ventilation
13. Install Grafik eye, wire up all 6 szones
14. Build soffits, stuff with cotton paper face and cover with cloth
15. Install all sound treatments in room
16. Custom build panels and install in room coving all walls
17. Finish building speaker columns and install speakers
18. Install all lighting talked about, such as stage lights, coloum lights, rope lights,
soffit lights, and stage lights (to light up the speakers behind the screen)
quite a list, but if we all work on this, and have all supplies easy to find (no thanks to home depot, then it should run smooth (knock on wood)