Linacoustic in DFW / Dallas? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-04-2007, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Where did you find your Linacoustic in Dallas, and how much was a roll? Looking at the 1"

Thanks

Mike Napurano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 PM

I've heard of a few places, I just haven't checked. I need to though.

1 is Pamco:
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/su...e=TX&zip=75226

The other is EO Wood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 618
do a search on the JM website. Look under commercial products, then HVAC/plumbing insulation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:

post #4 of 13 Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

I've done that... and called some of the places listed. Some don't answer, others say... well, we can order it. I'd like to find someone that has it in stock w/ good prices

Mike Napurano
post #5 of 13 Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post

I've done that... and called some of the places listed. Some don't answer, others say... well, we can order it. I'd like to find someone that has it in stock w/ good prices

I bought Johns MAnville Insul-shield in Plano at:

Insulating Products Inc.
1111 Jupiter Road 108-D,
Plano, TX, 75074
Phone: (972) 509-0972

It was around $275 for 400 sf (4ft X 100ft roll) at 69 cents sq/ft

I used the coated black roll and it has very similar properties as the other products used in theater builds like OC703 and such.

http://www.specjm.com/pdf/hig1214dk....5a34d16c42496c

The warehouse manager was also a HT buff and we talked a while about what I was using it for. He was familiar with the AVS HT forum.

He had it in stock. Let me know if you find it.

Good Luck,
Mike B.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtexan View Post

I bought Johns MAnville Insul-shield in Plano at:

Insulating Products Inc.
1111 Jupiter Road 108-D,
Plano, TX, 75074
Phone: (972) 509-0972

Good Luck,
Mike B.

Thanks.... nice guy, but not much inventory and expensive. I think I'm going to go with the Certainteed ToughGard 2 instead. Very close to same specs (actually a bit more absorbtion at 120/250), and $170 for the 4x100 roll from SPI.

Mike Napurano
post #7 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

We've been getting the Linacoustic RC for $125 a roll. 1 inch 4x100 ft. They keep it stock as it must be spec'd for a lot of the office spaces in this area.

PROJECTS:

post #8 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 11:14 AM
JDQ

I just bought 2 rolls of Linacoustic RC earlier this week at

J-Mil Sheet Metal Fabricators
2143 Gus Thomasson
Mesquite, TX
972-681-9600

I paid $170/roll + tax

Although he called it Permacote, it says Linacoustic RC on the wrapping. It's 1" thick, 48" wide, and 100' long.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-05-2007, 07:59 PM

I have 2 large AC ducts running the length of my future HT. I was going to case them in with drywall. Could Linacoustic rigid board be used instead of drywall? Or should I just use the Linacoustic roll on the ductwork and then drywall them?
post #10 of 13 Old 11-14-2007, 09:40 AM

Has anyone else been able to find Linacoustic RC or similar locally? J-Mil wants $250 for the roll.

Tried the JM website and half the numbers are disconnected!

Thanks,
Tommy
post #11 of 13 Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

We've been getting the Linacoustic RC for $125 a roll. 1 inch 4x100 ft. They keep it stock as it must be spec'd for a lot of the office spaces in this area.

Can you PM me the name and address of your seller? I would like to get one roll of Linacoustic RC.

post #12 of 13 Old 12-12-2007, 07:38 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

http://www.mccormickinsulation.com/

At their Manassas Va location

PROJECTS:

post #13 of 13 Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks!!!

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page