Has anyone used this ceilume tile? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
We found ceilume on the internet and were surprised with how well our ceiling turned out. We just wanted a drop ceiling that didnt look like a drop ceiling. We thought we might get the old theater tin ceiling look with these tiles. We now get more compliments on the ceiling than anything else. These are florentine design. Has anyone else used these?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes. Did you try a search?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMo View Post

yes. Did you try a search?

Im sorry, SteveMo. I guess my question wasnt very clear. I meant, has any one used this particular style of ceilume tiles? I would love to see other colors and applications. I searched florentine and didnt find any accept my own post. I did notice that you used ceilume and seem to like it. I tried to look at some of your photos but for some reason couldnt get to them. Could you post a link to your finished HT that shows some of the ceiling? THanx
post #4 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfisher View Post

Im sorry, SteveMo. I guess my question wasnt very clear. I meant, has any one used this particular style of ceilume tiles? I would love to see other colors and applications. I searched florentine and didnt find any accept my own post. I did notice that you used ceilume and seem to like it. I tried to look at some of your photos but for some reason couldnt get to them. Could you post a link to your finished HT that shows some of the ceiling? THanx

I understand now. I thought you may have meant that before but I had just woke up like a couple minutes before, and the photo didn't load for me in time to see it. The back of my room will have an equipment closet to the ceiling so there is one tile missing, and some will be removed or trimmed when that goes in. It is very dark in there and the imperfections don't show up really as well in person as they do on a photo. I recently decoupled the runners on the sides of my walls in a hurry so there may be some carpet visible under them still. I will put a photo in this thread in just a little while.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 AM

I will be adding the carpet to the beams sometime soon. It will be the same as the hush box. The style is called metro and it is a modern look. I saved the jpg files as Optimized Baseline rather than progressive. Here are the photos I just took.

post #6 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMo View Post

It is very dark in there and the imperfections don't show up really as well in person as they do on a photo.

I like your ceiling it looks like something out of Total Recall. Very modern, even a little futuristic, Great flick. I know what you mean with the camera showing imperfections. i had to take about 10 pics to keep from showing a lot of imperfections and even then it doesnt look anything like my ceiling really looks. There isnt any direct lighting on my ceiling like my pics show.. I used a metalic paint but without lighting on it there is no reflection. So like I mentioned in other post, my ceiling really looks more like wood or plaster than tin.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfisher View Post

I like your ceiling it looks like something out of Total Recall. Very modern, even a little futuristic, Great flick. I know what you mean with the camera showing imperfections. i had to take about 10 pics to keep from showing a lot of imperfections and even then it doesnt look anything like my ceiling really looks. There isnt any direct lighting on my ceiling like my pics show.. I used a metalic paint but without lighting on it there is no reflection. So like I mentioned in other post, my ceiling really looks more like wood or plaster than tin.

I agree it may not look like as close to tin, it does have sort of copper or brass look however. More like wood in person I'm guessing. Looks nice for the rest of the room. Is that frame in the background painted the same?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 04:00 PM

This is a nice link

http://www.aboutflorence.com/theatres-in-Florence.html

I picked the tile for the modern look, however it kind of reminds me of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

SteveMo,
The frame is similar but not identical. thanx for the link to Florence. My wife is an Italy junky. She told me tonight that is the reason she chose the Florentine pattern. Who knew?
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page