New to the rack game, so this is my first rack. It is on wheels to enable me to pull it from the small closet which houses my HT gear for maintenance, changes etc.
This is a view of the partially wired rack:
Here's a partial view of the rear of the rack, fully wired with the speaker 'snake' etc:
This is a view of the fully wired rack shown more full-length:
And this is the front. I apologise for the less than stellar cellphone camera images:
The speaker snake goes to these junction boxes in the back of the gear closet (wired for Atmos 5.2.4):
Comments, criticisms, ideas welcomed.
Gear in the rack is, from top to bottom:
- Denon X5200W 9 channel Atmos AVR, used in preamp mode.
- miniDSP DDRC-88A Dirac Live room correction unit.
- Emotiva UPA-2 powering Atmos Front Height L&R on-ceiling speakers.
- Emotiva XPA-200 powering Surround L&R speakers.
- Emotiva UPA-2 powering Atmos Top Middle L&R on-ceiling speakers.
- Emotiva XPA-3 powering LCR speakers.
- Oppo 103 BD player.
- Panasonic DMP 35 BD player.
- Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD player.
- Humax HD Satellite TV box.
- Behringer Feedback Destroyer.
There are various fans on top of certain items of gear, operated by thermal switches. The AVR has ample clearance at the top and also has dual cooling fans operated by thermal switches.
Speaker cables run down the left side of the rack, interconnects broadly down the middle and power cables down the right side.