Show me your RACK - Page 93 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 433Likes
post #2761 of 2769 Unread 03-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That's a good looking setup. I'm huge on strip LED. I have many many feet through out my house and neighbors too. But never actually thought of it there. Looks good. Mine being a floor standing unit I have the ability to pull it into the room. But also built full access to the rear. I like the finished bottom with yours and behind the doors is a great idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 2769 Unread 03-05-2017, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVA-SF View Post
Hey Guys,

Here is a couple pics of my racks. I pulled the door off for a bit better view, I actually go back and forth between the door on and off.

Just a bit of info.

The Small Rack on the wall contains all networking and security equipment, I hate how it interferes with AV so I keep them separate.

The Rack has dual Duct Cool Fan systems, 1 pulling air in the bottom and 1 sucking it out the top.

Full Access to cabling both below and above with Trap doors in the room to access both
routes.

The Big one is a Mid Atlantic BGR and the little on wall guy is a Mid Atlantic DWR.

The Racks are feeding a 7.4.4. Amos Theater and 12 Zones of Distributed Audio.
Nevermind. I found it...

I need to read a little more closely.
post #2763 of 2769 Unread Today, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey guys, for the life of me I cant seem to be able to find lacing bars with enough offset. I'm looking for 12" of offset. Why so much you ask? I am using an old server rack that I got on trade. Its super deep, likely deep enough it could be used on both sides. Fortunately I dont have that much equipment yet...

Thanks for the help!

Second question. I currently am using an old laptop to stream tv shows(Last Man Standing, Big Bang Theory, HGTV, etc..) and to access and stream movies from the small server we have. Currently the laptop does not have the horsepower to stream bluray quality. Is there a rack mount pc that can easily handle these tasks? Really all I need is rack mount, enough hp to stream bluray quality movies, and internet accessibility? A windows 10 rack mount pc?

Last edited by mercracing; Today at 01:58 PM. Reason: forgetfulness

post #2764 of 2769 Unread Today, 02:01 PM

Could you use a normal one. But just use/make/have made custom brackets to sink it in the distance you need. If you are gona keep this rack. It may be a good idea to have a bunch made up for future needs. Just my thought. Or. How about finding a used shelf around the 12" depth your looking for. Or even new is cheap enough. Just a basic no frills shelf. And either drill it out for what you need. Or apply some of the vertical ones to the shelf? If you get what I'm trying to say?
post #2765 of 2769 Unread Today, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by towercontrol View Post
Could you use a normal one. But just use/make/have made custom brackets to sink it in the distance you need. If you are gona keep this rack. It may be a good idea to have a bunch made up for future needs. Just my thought. Or. How about finding a used shelf around the 12" depth your looking for. Or even new is cheap enough. Just a basic no frills shelf. And either drill it out for what you need. Or apply some of the vertical ones to the shelf? If you get what I'm trying to say?
I THINK I understand what your saying. However, I am looking for horizontal lacing bars. Like these, but with more offset.
https://www.amazon.com/Middle-Atlant.../dp/B0002EHNWM
post #2766 of 2769 Unread Today, 03:09 PM

Ya totally. Take the normal bracket as you pictured and add it or a similar one to the end of a 12" or similar shelf inside the rack. So it can use the shelf for the strength and length and get it where you need it.
mercracing likes this.
post #2767 of 2769 Unread Today, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Is there a sliding seat of rear rails on the sides of that server? Or the option to add a second set of rear rails?

How hard would it be, to make some lacing bars, with the needed offset?

It would basically be four bends. Plus the use of a vice, to flatten the ends. Then drill
a couple of holes and give coat of paint.
post #2768 of 2769 Unread Today, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercracing View Post
Hey guys, for the life of me I cant seem to be able to find lacing bars with enough offset. I'm looking for 12" of offset. Why so much you ask? I am using an old server rack that I got on trade. Its super deep, likely deep enough it could be used on both sides. Fortunately I dont have that much equipment yet...

Thanks for the help!

Second question. I currently am using an old laptop to stream tv shows(Last Man Standing, Big Bang Theory, HGTV, etc..) and to access and stream movies from the small server we have. Currently the laptop does not have the horsepower to stream bluray quality. Is there a rack mount pc that can easily handle these tasks? Really all I need is rack mount, enough hp to stream bluray quality movies, and internet accessibility? A windows 10 rack mount pc?
Raspberry pi iii
post #2769 of 2769 Unread Today, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubDriver17 View Post
Has anyone here screwed Rack Rails directly into properly spaced studs and mounted equipment that way? Would save me a ton of money.

Many go the DIY route using rack rails vs buying a rack - DIY A/V rack?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction