Okay - we've been working hard over the last two weekends since the promotion new hit, and we are now ready for carpet,. We put in a rush order. The measure is coming on Tuesday (we hope), and the install could be as soon as Friday. We are going with a basic charcoal on the floor, black on the stage, no patterns (cheaper given resale). I am on the road during the work week for the next two and a half weeks, so we hauled to get it ready.
I don't have great shots, but we finished wrapping the columns in fabric - a tip - spray adhesive - we only used it on the last one because the staple wouldn't fit between the column and the sump pit cover - what a difference. So easy to keep taught and clean. We added staples in the upper section too, but a plus.
Along the staple lines we added 3/4" square wood to hide the staples, painted black they disapear in the column. We also added the second piece of trim to the bottom of the column (was going to be to hide staples, now makes a more dramatic crown). On this shot you can see we ran out of the ones my wife pre-painted with the glaze, and part of it isn't glazed yet. The glaze really adds IMHO.
The next task was under the marquee, we had no idea how to cover/hide the inside/bottom of curved section and the insulation. For the curve section, we just painted the interior black. It made it blend so well. Worked great.
We started to frame out a solid cover, but it was too heavy so we made a switch to a fabric cover. This was again 3/4" square wood, with L brackets, on black dazian janus.
Hot glue guns are sweet
Then a friction fit
Black is beautiful, can't see the transistion in the room at all:
We cleaned up the room some, so its as open as its been (baseboards are up, too)
The short list is getting real short
1. build screen (wilsonart designer white on order)
2. build sconce covers (wood is all cut, was cut before, but I screwed up the size)
4. some TLC on the sump cover (new hinge)
5. finish speaker access panels - panels made, just need to cut the holes in the fabric on columns, hot glue gun the fabric aside, then velco up the panels
6. re hang door
7. put in new speaker stands
8. converge PJ / calibrate audio
9. clean, touch up paint.
10. add seating
Rats, not quite single digits. But getting close. Realtors come in next weekend, so I'll have their impressions soon.