AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=551
Ha I should've known there was more to this invite than I first thought.
Queen rules, so does her HT room and setup

Oman, if you check my thread you will see I don't usually extend this 'invite' to just anyone . Not even BIG has gotten one. Perhaps you will reconsider...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey Jamis, don't think for a moment that we all don't see right through your nefarious scheme to be King for the day. First, it was new beer kegs, then cat posts, the video tour and now 'imaginary' serial killers. What's it going to be tomorrow to keep you King for yet another day? It stinks to be done with your build doesn't it .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #543 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well... I am nearing 1000 posts...

||
post #544 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

It stinks to be done with your build doesn't it.

Every time we pass by Lowe's, he whines about how much he misses going there. I mean, he hasn't been in *months*, and then it was only to get our Christmas tree.

Otherwise known as
post #545 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Admitting that you have an addiction is the first step...

Michael

post #546 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post

Well... I am nearing 1000 posts...

We expect a VERY memorable post for number 1000......Dont let us down as we are all counting on you

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #547 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

We expect a VERY memorable post for number 1000......Dont let us down as we are all counting on you

Crap.. I don't need this kind of pressure...

||
post #548 of 959 Old 03-12-2009, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

BIG ROFL. Little me, I'm harmless .

It ALWAYS the ones who say there harmless that you HAVE to watch!!

Quote:

Hey Jamis, don't think for a moment that we all don't see right through your nefarious scheme.......It stinks to be done with your build doesn't it .

Oh, one is never truly ACTUALLY done with the HT they are always in a perpetual state of undoneness, but Jamis is close enough to being done to be in a position of having to come up with new ideas to get to a 1000 posts.

I just want to say were all counting on you Jamis, no pressure, but please don't let us all down.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #549 of 959 Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Hmmm...no posts all morning . Quite unusual for you Jamis. Perhaps it's the PRESSURE of being nothing short of genius for the celebrated 1,000th post ?

post #550 of 959 Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Oman, if you check my thread you will see I don't usually extend this 'invite' to just anyone . Not even BIG has gotten one. Perhaps you will reconsider...

Im blushing
Quote:

Hmmm...no posts all morning . Quite unusual for you Jamis. Perhaps it's the PRESSURE of being nothing short of genius for the celebrated 1,000th post ?

This is unusual, Jamis is typically up with the birds posting away. He probably laid awake all night staring at his ceiling which probably started to look like a AVS reply to Thread box. Over and over what do I post, what do I post, WHAT DO I POST...

Hopefully we don't make him post under pressure and make him waste the moment

post #551 of 959 Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

Jamis -

You can always delete an old post to stay under the bar.

Dave

|
|
|
post #552 of 959 Old 03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Now I'm getting worried. All day and no Jamis? What is the world coming to?? Oh the inhumanity!!!

Come on Jamis the pressure can't be that bad. You still have one more post before the big one. Maybe you can pre post to try out some ideas for the big one.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
post #553 of 959 Old 03-13-2009, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Now I'm getting worried. All day and no Jamis? What is the world coming to?? Oh the inhumanity!!!

Come on Jamis the pressure can't be that bad. You still have one more post before the big one. Maybe you can pre post to try out some ideas for the big one.

Regards,

RTROSE

I was thinking the same thing.....I think the pressure is so great that it has caused him to go into hiding for a while until he has something BIG for us because lets face it, He doesnt want to let his fans down here!

post #554 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've got something cookin'....

Maybe today... maybe tomorrow... we'll see. Until then... radio silence.

||
post #555 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post

I've got something cookin'....

Maybe today... maybe tomorrow... we'll see. Until then... radio silence.

I knew this thing was gettin to him What will it be? All I know is the pressure is on full now, Jamis we are all waiting and counting on you here as this is a historical moment in all of our lives......Dont let us down big man

post #556 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree,

Jamis is going to crack......He could have used his last post to try out some ideas on us but he wasted the opportunity just to tell us he is cooking something up.......Pity.

All I can say, (as important as it maybe) is hopefully will be better than a kegerator or beer keg report.

Knowing Jamis as I do (here on AVS anyway) and as big of a NERD as he is I'm sure it will be something of a multimedia extravaganza!

Were all waiting here on pins and needles. Go Luck Jamis.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #557 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's been a long road, getting from there to here...

I spent the last few days trying to think of something over the top and truly grandiose to commemorate my 1000th post and of course, bump my thread to the top of the list again. After failing miserably, I decided to take a more sentimental (read: easier) and revealing approach.

To that end, I made a trip to Lowe's this morning. I soaked in the beautiful spring weather, much like it was nearly a year ago when my HT journey started in earnest. The windows down, the wind flowing through my hair as I pulled into the parking lot. I made a beeline for my usual spot near the lumber/contractors entrance and loading area. I could feel the anticipation growing... it's been a while, my big blue friend.

I enter the store and slowly pass by the building supplies and hardware, taking in a deep breath. Oh, that familiar smell... I sigh wistfully has a stroll past the tools section on my way to the electrical aisle. I actually have a mission today... this isn't just a social visit.

I find the zip ties and pick out packages of 4", 8" and 18" lengths. I browse the electrical aisle for a few minutes, admiring the conduit, boxes, plates and other assorted items. After soaking in the atmosphere for a few more moments, I finally make my way to the self checkout and pay for my items.

As I am walking back to my car, I turn to take on one more look at store and smile, "I'll be back soon... I promise!".

After arriving back home, I proceeded to do what I swore I was too lazy to do. Using the zip ties I just purchased, I proceeded to organize my equipment closet.

It's still not perfect, but it's ten times better than it was.

Now keep in mind... This is a very personal thing. I've always been self conscious of my equipment closet. This is almost the equivalent of showing naked pictures of my home theater. Some day, I may clean it up more, but for now, this is as good as it's going to get.

Before:

After:

||
post #558 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Beautiful my friend ...simply beautiful!! That was a true tear jerker...it had me watery eyed right off the bat and I truly am saddened to think that this day is growing nearer for myself. I too enjoy the random, multiple and sometimes pointless (just for reference sake) trips to Big Blue......it has become a home away from home for me and I like to think when I walk in that the people there think I am an important contractor or something since I am there daily...but I know that is not true. IMO your 1000th post really hit a soft spot for me and you did yourself proud by taking us all back....and your rats nest of wires looks alot better too

post #559 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Well Jamis you did it!

I truely underestimated you. I expected something over the top but impersonal, however you gave all a tiny glimpse into your heart. I too get misty eyed when I wander the isles of Big Blue. It is always a sentimental journey so many of my projects have started there and I believe many more to come.

Now that the pressure is off Jamis what beer is next up for the HT? After having down multiple pints to come up with the courage to post on the 1000th I'm sure it is close to being empty.

Oh and your rack looks better too!

Regards,

RTROSE

post #560 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Someone pass the tissues...didn't know you had it in you Jamis. Happy 1000th!

post #561 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Funny post, looks much better

My Theater -
post #562 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Damn, he's not even that romantic and sentimental with *me*!

(Good thing I love the theater too!)

Otherwise known as
post #563 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Lol

We men just have a tougher time expressing ourselves to our significant others. I'm sure Jamis' main objective was to spend more quality time with you in that beautiful theater. No one more than the Mrs. I enjoy hanging out and watching a movie with.

post #564 of 959 Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selianth View Post

Hey there,

I can't tell you how cool it is that you are a poster here as well. THAT ROCKS!!!

It is nice to see a wife co-posting with her husband. Obviously you are the "better half" of this endeavor.

Oh now wait...hold the phone......Doh!

Now looking back through this thread I see you have posted before....don't know how I missed it before but it may be that I tend to do a lot of my surfing/posting in the late hours when the rest of the family is in bed. My wife already thinks my AVS "habit" is unhealthy with the time she sees me on this forum let alone the time I spend here while the family is asleep. If she knew I could see an "internet intervention" where I'm whisked away to a far off compound that is truly "off the grid". Sorry about the rambling.

Thanks for allowing us to share an emotional "sentimental journey" with your hubby.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #565 of 959 Old 03-15-2009, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selianth View Post

I put the toilet seat down, don't I?!

I just can't win..

||
post #566 of 959 Old 03-15-2009, 09:31 PM

I love the flush mounted rack.

I have to admit I just stumbled upon your thread from hackedgadgets, so I don't know all the details. Searching didn't point quickly to my answer so I figured I'd ask.
I see how you framed the rack in but what rails did you use? was it a one piece unit or did you buy rails and just mount them to the frame Hard for me to tell from the pictures.

How did you enclose the rear? Or is the utility room just dark? I'd love
see more details and photos on the rack. Great Job
post #567 of 959 Old 03-16-2009, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgreenwood View Post

I love the flush mounted rack.

I have to admit I just stumbled upon your thread from hackedgadgets, so I don't know all the details. Searching didn't point quickly to my answer so I figured I'd ask.
I see how you framed the rack in but what rails did you use? was it a one piece unit or did you buy rails and just mount them to the frame Hard for me to tell from the pictures.

How did you enclose the rear? Or is the utility room just dark? I'd love
see more details and photos on the rack. Great Job

They are just rails... not an enclosure. I dumpster dove for them at work once day when our IT dept. was trashing a full sized rack. I just unbolted the rails from the frame and tossed them in my car.

I screwed the rails to the frame with some hefty 3" screws and washers... I forget the guage of the screws, though they were just under 1/4" I think. `

No light shows through the rack from the theater side. I actually leave the light on in the utility room (CFL) for the cats... but all of the spaces in the rack are filled up with blank panels where there isn't a piece of equipment. The shelves with equipment have custom faceplates from stayonline.

http://www.stayonline.com/rack-custom-shelves.aspx

||
post #568 of 959 Old 03-16-2009, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Oh.. and back on the topic of being extra geeky/dorky, my wife sent me a link this morning to this article:

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/0...oying-hab.html

I am proud to say that we are both guilty of all but #2 and #3.... I don't sugar coat my obscenities and we don't particularly go all out decorating for the holidays.

I think you will all appreciate #10.

||
post #569 of 959 Old 03-16-2009, 05:05 AM

LOL, I love #8.

Congrats on the write up Jamis!
http://hackedgadgets.com/2009/03/15/...art-to-finish/

post #570 of 959 Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Making the big time Jamis, Congrats!

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page