I'm peeling off painter's tape but the paint is coming off!! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually this isn't entirely a response to this question. It is another question and some relevant info to this post. I had my LR/DR and hallway nail pops fixed and the whole thing primed a year and a half ago. Several of the walls felt damp for almost 2 months. They did 2 coats. They used Behr primer, which did not even cover pencil marks completely, and looked to be watered down. Still almost 2 years later, if I put the blue delicate tape on the wall in a lot of spots, the paint pulls up. If I lean a heavy picture against the wall and leave it for a couple of days the same thing happens, and the paint will usually pull of the wall in that case.

]Any suggestions as to what I can do about this?[ My assumption is from other posts, that they did not clean the drywall dust off the wall. Perhaps did not sand the whole wall either. My gut feeling is, I need to sand the entire wall, clean up dust, and reprime. This was a reputable company who specializes in drywall. BTW I have only used one other Behr paint, and was not happy with it. Outdoor paint with Primer used on my shed. Used 2 coats. It turns white when scratched. For example, where I have Christmas Lights up. I know others swear by Behr, but give me my Kilz and Valspar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Location: Based in Salt Lake City, UT... but most of my work is done all over the USA and Canada. I cover all areas.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I paint ots, not entire surfaces... but I use blue tape. I've had the paint come off twice on job sites, and both times the homeowner said that thy were having that problem all over the house. One said that the Pinter had used a cheap primer and the other int know why.

From reading these answers already given... my opinion is worth nothing, but I'm lending towards chep primer and/or dust on the walls.

I'll be painting withing a week, so this thread has been helpful.

Jeff

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook
Hairs On Neck... Please Stand!

post #33 of 33 Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I'm a snob when it comes to everything in life (beer, food, electronics, tools, etc.) and I'm no different with paint. High quality paint helps, and low tack tape and removing it ASAP.

We've abandoned tape on any paint we've done recently. My hands are too unsteady, but SWMBO it pretty good at freehanding all the borders. I've never seen a pro use tape. wink.gif
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page