Well it has been over 3 months since my last post and a lot has happened. Just some of the highlights:
1) The Economy collapsed
2) We elected a new President
3) I started the HoliJays(TM) (for those of you that don't know about the HoliJays that is the time of year where I use up all my leftover vacation days and take every Friday off from Oct 1 - Jan 2, gotta love a 4 day work week.)
4) I ACTUALLY MADE SOME PROGRESS ON THE BASEMENT!!!!
Since we last left the basement I was about 95% done with drywall. Well I am proud to say I am FINISHED! I even got a chance to get some drywall primer up on the walls. Here it is, check out my sweet columns!
The theater area.
I also got the drop ceiling in. I avoided it as long as I could but actually it was simple and turned out great. Went with the 2x2 3D tiles. Ok I have a few pieces to finish but mostly done. I'll finish it this coming HoliJay.
Next up I finished the electrical. Added my last four circuits (2 20amp and 2 15amp). Hooked up all my lights and wired all my outlets. This was the one thing I was really worried about since I closed up the walls without testing my electrical. Luckily all my planning paid off and it all works.
Installed my PowerBridge from the Projector to my Equipment area.
You may have noticed that I have a real issue with keeping this place clean. I wish I was like a lot of you on here that cleanup after each day. I have crap all over the place. I swear I waste an hour a day trying to find my tools.
So here is my major project punch list:
2) Order cabinets and finish the main bar
3) Start building the stage and riser/bar
5) Star Ceiling
I guess the cool thing now is that I actually get to start focusing on the HT area. I hope to have the stage and Riser built by the end of the year. And for all you smart alec's out there, I mean this year!