Minimalist Approach to Screen Wall - Page 15 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18Likes
post #421 of 422 Unread Today, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
I would try securing the screen wall to the stage with more screws, 20+. If it is tight it can't rattle. If that doesn't work take it apart and insert some rubber (Carpet pad or hardwood underlay) I would also set the subs on sand filled stands and decouple from the screen wall frame.

You could try just buying a package of the plastic composite shims and forcing underneath the bottom plate.

If the stage itself is rattling you definitely need to decouple the subs from the stage, back to the sand idea

Big, how do you suggest that I decouple the stage from the framed screen-wall , if the screen wall sits on top of the stage? would i attach the screen wall horizontally to the sides and the ceiling and just suspend the wall/ goal posts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 422 Unread Today, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 801
IMHO decoupling A goal post minimalist design screen frame from the stage or ceiling overhead is at best an academic exercise with no audible result.

I build my uprights a little less than the area height, you could leave a gap and insert a rubber pad if you wanted on the top and bottom, then drill holes in the top and bottom attachment blocks bigger than the screw diameter and when you screw it don't over tighten. Then the frame is actually just floating on rubber. The screws would just keep it in position and from tipping over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction