What I'd do differently next time. - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 133Likes
post #1021 of 1024 Unread 06-27-2016, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanosWRX View Post
I have a rear entrance, but its at the rear corner, still can fit a row of seats in the back.. how wide is your room? I guess if its less then 16' wide or so then I could see how that would be hard.
Yeah... this is what I do too. The door at the rear opens onto the right isle. And my theater is 16' wide too. It's comfortable, not cramped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1024 Unread 07-03-2016, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 114
I would have gone with theater seats with shorter backs. The higher backed chairs tend to block sound from the surrounds and possibly other detrimental effects. On the plus side. I did get a great deal on them and they're very comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1023 of 1024 Unread 07-03-2016, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What we are doing different this time. Our new home will have another dedicated room, it will be larger. Our current room is 23.8 long, 12.8 wide and 10 ft ceiling. The new room will be 24.2 long, 15.6 wide with a 9 ft ceiling. Also we are prewiring for Atmos.

We are looking at running HDMI in wall instead of using a switcher like we are now that is run via cat 5 in wall. Therefore going directly from the source to the HD or 4K TV that we will be using.

Have fun with music and HT

Gary
post #1024 of 1024 Unread 07-04-2016, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
I would have gone with theater seats with shorter backs. The higher backed chairs tend to block sound from the surrounds and possibly other detrimental effects. On the plus side. I did get a great deal on them and they're very comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha. And I would have picked seats with taller backs and longer foot-rests for comfort. Speakers can be moved, but comfort is more limiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction