The RTROSE (take my sweet time) HT Construction Thread - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 2097 Old 01-23-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Not sure about Hanes, but some of us Turkeys are still around :-)

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2097 Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hey there! So good to see that I still have some of the AVS Forum legends still checking in. I have been MIA for far too long here but life and work have been crazy busy. Not in a bad way necessarily, but less time for spending countless hours here.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #2073 of 2097 Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Holy Toledo! Iusteve is alive. I think we are still talking turkey here but the biggest turkey is MIA. Hanes you still visit my thread?

Regards,

RTROSE

Gobble gobble!

Still kicking, but like you, not around quite so often as the old days.

Happy 2014.

The Un-Theater Un-Build

post #2074 of 2097 Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Good grief! I just had a first in my theater that I don't want to ever repeat. My fifteen year old son starts yelling for help and before I can get down there he meets me to tell me that he stood up and smacked the PJ knocking it off its mount. I go down to the theater to find my PJ sitting right side up on the theater seats pointed at the side wall. I turn off the PJ remount it plug the HDMI cable back in and turn it back on. A few moments later an image appears. The focus, lens shift, and zoom were all completely out of wack but after some adjustments got it all lined back out. Obviously falling on the seats saved me from complete disaster but I'm still curious how or why it was loose to begin with. Guess that is another item that I will have to check more frequently than I have been, which was almost never.

Hopefully he has not shortened the bulb life to the point it fails on Sunday.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
post #2075 of 2097 Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Good grief! I just had a first in my theater that I don't want to ever repeat. My fifteen year old son starts yelling for help and before I can get down there he meets me to tell me that he stood up and smacked the PJ knocking it off its mount. I go down to the theater to find my PJ sitting right side up on the theater seats pointed at the side wall. I turn off the PJ remount it plug the HDMI cable back in and turn it back on. A few moments later an image appears. The focus, lens shift, and zoom were all completely out of wack but after some adjustments got it all lined back out. Obviously falling on the seats saved me from complete disaster but I'm still curious how or why it was loose to begin with. Guess that is another item that I will have to check more frequently than I have been, which was almost never.

Hopefully he has not shortened the bulb life to the point it fails on Sunday.

Regards,

RTROSE

Yowza, buddy! He sure is getting tall!

I have a locking mount from Chief that came with a key supposedly to prevent theft. I took my PJ down on Sunday and realized that it was a little loose probably from the vibratory pounding of my family above the theatre!

I'm glad your centerpiece is OK, RT!
post #2076 of 2097 Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 AM
AnalysisParalysis Analyst

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Ouch!! I always used Loctite 242 for this exact reason. $15 bucks of cheap insurance against the effects of vibration.

http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Threadlocker-10ML-PRICE-BOTTLE/dp/B000B5Y8PM

I hope all is well! I guess you have Peyton and the Broncos for the win on Sunday, given his legacy in your neck of the woods.

EDIT - You may want to order a backup bulb. You'll eventually use it anyway, right?
post #2077 of 2097 Old 01-29-2014, 03:42 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Thank you for the cautionary tale and I hope you can get a few more days from the bulb.
post #2078 of 2097 Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
got me paranoid - just ordered some Loctite!

JJ
post #2079 of 2097 Old 02-03-2014, 03:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Hey RT! Had a brief moment to check out the forum again. Don't think I've had more than 10 minutes on the forum since last summer. Seeing some of the posts from around Thanksgiving had me missing you guys. Glad to see you're still kicking around here.

"Phase of life" has kept me from finishing my room. Best I can tell, I won't have progress through at least next winter. No problems, just enjoying life. smile.gif

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
post #2080 of 2097 Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey Tony!

Glad you stopped by. I know all to well about "phase of life" getting in the way of things. Nice to know that you stil vist once in a while and I will hold you to that progress this summer! biggrin.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

post #2081 of 2097 Old 02-24-2014, 12:40 PM

Rt long time no speaky. How you been? Quick update. New components in mine. Got a av r e300 receiver. New ps4 now looking to buy speakers. I see last time we talked my projector was dead. Got a hd 66 mounted up now. Gonna post pics later.

post #2082 of 2097 Old 03-02-2014, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Man,

I need to visit my thread more often. How ya doing there PS3forlife? Good to hear that you are getting some new gear. My son purchases a PS4 with his Christmas/Birthday money and he is completely smitten with it. The "old" PS3 was relegated to my oldest who is at Purdue so now both are happy that they have gaming options.

Not much of a gamer myself so the draw of the PS3/4 or Xbox 360/One has not ever been a big deal for me. I have too many things that clamor for my time already let alone adding gaming to the mix.

I'm still good on the equipment front. I have not had that terrible upgraditis bug bite me yet. Been able to keep that little bug at bay for quite a while now.

Thanks for coming to visit.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #2083 of 2097 Old 03-02-2014, 05:51 PM

It's good to hear from you. Always been a gamer. Used to do it allot more. I posted pics in the show me your completed theater thread. I'm getting ready to order a nxg bas500. Been working a whole lot. Also wanting to make a screen soon. Glad to hear your holding out on upgrading. Probably don't need an upgrade on your beautiful theater though. I need a facelift on mine to a point. Ha.

post #2084 of 2097 Old 03-02-2014, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post

Gobble gobble!

Still kicking, but like you, not around quite so often as the old days.

Happy 2014.

ooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm......

The Zen Garden HT - Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here.
post #2085 of 2097 Old 03-02-2014, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Talk about a blast from the past! The Zen master pays a visit!

Greetings and Salutations Great one.

I hope all is well in your world.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #2086 of 2097 Old 03-04-2014, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

Hey man! Been a while since I checked in on you. Fantastic job on your space. It all came together just superbly, very nicely done. Kudos to you (and your wife), now comes the best part. Enjoying it! biggrin.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

WOW. RT, how the heck are you man? I stopped following your thread a while back just because things had slowed down. However, I did drop by recently and read the near-miss you had with the PJ shortly before the Superbowl. Hope the PJ is doing ok. eek.gif

I have to tell ya man...that story about you getting locked in vikgrao's theater still cracks me up to this day. I was following his thread for a long time. SO COOL THAT YOU GOT TO EXPERIENCE HIS THEATER IN PERSON. More than once it sounds like. So many cool, entertaining stories around here, huh?.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing some of your HT wisdom with me early on in my renovation. You were the one that pushed me over the edge and really the deciding factor to go with the Epson 5020. As you can see, I decided to wait until the 5030 came out...and boy am I glad I did. What an awesome PJ. I really appreciate everyone's input on my thread and, without it, my room would not be what it is today. I am sure you know that feeling very well too.

And, as you said, it is time to sit back, relax, watch movies and make more memories with my family in our new room. I did it all for them (well, ok, maybe a little bit me too). It has always been a dream of mine to have a room like this and I can finally check it off my list. LOL.

P.S. I've resubscribed to your thread again. wink.gif

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Fixed Mount | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 | Pro-ject Carbon Debut | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos

904WMC Media Room Build Thread
post #2087 of 2097 Old 03-06-2014, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I must admit that Vik's theater is top shelf and has to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Getting locked in there is laughable now but sure wasn't for him then. I figured one way or another we would get out, and I really wasn't in a hurry as I did not have to be at work until the next morning. biggrin.gif That Orbit Shifter sub he has is incredible to say the least, but Vik is always on the lookout for something better and was asking if the OS was enough. I was indeed privileged to have actually experience his theater more than once from several different stages so I could appreciate the final product even more as it all came together.

Glad to see your back and subscribed again. I'll try to at least get this thread from getting archived. tongue.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

post #2088 of 2097 Old 04-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
RTROSE, TMcG and Vanice inside RT's Home Theater along with alcohol, delicious popcorn and RTs pets equals a great hometheater GTG! Thanks again for hosting and it was nice meeting all you guys again!
post #2089 of 2097 Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 AM
AnalysisParalysis Analyst

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Yes, it was great to get together. Many thanks to RTROSE (and MRS RTROSE) for hosting. RT did a fantastic job with his theater and the entire wet bar area is top-notch. That 15" subwoofer can really pound out the LFE. Great work all around RT!

Funniest moment of the night - when RT's large but very friendly poodle held Vikgrao at-bay at the top of the basement steps after Vik stepped out to use the upstairs restroom. Thankfully we heard Vik's cries for help in between demo material!! biggrin.gif
vikgrao likes this.
post #2090 of 2097 Old 04-15-2014, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

Funniest moment of the night - when RT's large but very friendly poodle held Vikgrao at-bay at the top of his basement steps after Vik stepped out to use the upstairs restroom. Thanksfully we heard Vik's cries for help in between demo material!! biggrin.gif

LMAO!! biggrin.gif
post #2091 of 2097 Old 04-15-2014, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 41
1/2 vote for the dog corralling Vik at the top of the stairs and a 1/2 vote for Vik sharing bathroom time with the family cat.
vikgrao likes this.
post #2092 of 2097 Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanice View Post

1/2 vote for the dog corralling Vik at the top of the stairs and a 1/2 vote for Vik sharing bathroom time with the family cat.

Never in my life have i ever experienced a chubby Persian cat insisting he wanted to stay in the restroom as i tried my best to coax him out and finally ended up taking a leak while he was rubbing his fat fluffy tail up and down my jeans covered leg and assure me thats its ok! eek.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif expressions came out of me at the same time!
AnnapolisSony likes this.
post #2093 of 2097 Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You calling my cat chubby? Huh, well are you.............? Punk....? Haha yeah Sebastion has a way of "visiting" with you while you are trying to conduct business in the bathroom. Plus he can open the doors so locking the door is a good idea. Oh wait, maybe not with Vik around locking doors can be a bad thing.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #2094 of 2097 Old 04-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

I meant to say very healthy cat! But that would make my post boring. I like him as much as you do!!
post #2095 of 2097 Old 04-20-2014, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Happy Easter to all!

He is risen!

Regards,

RTROSE
AnnapolisSony likes this.

post #2096 of 2097 Old 04-20-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Happy Easter to you as well RTROSE!
post #2097 of 2097 Old 04-20-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Happy Easter!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page