The RTROSE (take my sweet time) HT Construction Thread - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2101 of 2123 Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanesian View Post



For sure. Then I learned the secret to this conundrum: sell the house and move.

That works magic in putting an end to the never ending "to do" lists!
Moving, yea that would solve it for sure, but then I would just feel compelled to start another theater and we ALL know where that would lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanice View Post
Definitely. Yard projects, family functions, and pure lazyness have taken a real bite out of progress. I finally got back into a little construction these past two weeks and it feels good. Just hope I can find the time to keep it going.
Well I was trying to get around the real cause for my lack of progress, but you have defined it with the "L" word. Just don't want to admit that is just that simple.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2102 of 2123 Old 08-03-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Moving, yea that would solve it for sure, but then I would just feel compelled to start another theater and we ALL know where that would lead.



Well I was trying to get around the real cause for my lack of progress, but you have defined it with the "L" word. Just don't want to admit that is just that simple.

Regards,

RTROSE
Woah - Old-timers "kibitzing" again!
RT - Hanes; glad to see you are both still on here.

Take Care;
remember it's OK to be lazy - just don't be strangers !!

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
cuzed2 is offline  
post #2103 of 2123 Old 08-08-2014, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post
Woah - Old-timers "kibitzing" again!
RT - Hanes; glad to see you are both still on here.

Take Care;
remember it's OK to be lazy - just don't be strangers !!
Haha.....well I do a lot more lurking on the boards than I used to. Still around but in the shadows. I am sticking to the philosophy better to be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and be proven one.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2104 of 2123 Old 11-27-2014, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
To all my AVS Forum peeps.

From the RTROSE family to all of you and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving and a huge thank you to the men and women of our military for all that you do.

Now please enjoy your well deserved tryptophan induced comas.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2105 of 2123 Old 12-25-2014, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Merry Christmas my fellow AVSers. I hope the fat man in the red suit brought you everything you wanted, not what you deserved. May you enjoy this day and the holidays and pause to spend time with your friends and family and truly appreciate your blessings. Safe travels to all of you who are doing so.

Regards,

RTROSE
NewtownTheater likes this.

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2106 of 2123 Old 12-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
vikgrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, Indiana, USA
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Merry Christmas my fellow AVSers. I hope the fat man in the red suit brought you everything you wanted, not what you deserved. May you enjoy this day and the holidays and pause to spend time with your friends and family and truly appreciate your blessings. Safe travels to all of you who are doing so.

Regards,

RTROSE
Merry Christmas to you and your family RT!
RTROSE and NewtownTheater like this.
vikgrao is offline  
post #2107 of 2123 Old 03-07-2015, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
*******Theater update coming*******Theater update coming*******Theater update coming*******

Check back often so you don't miss the latest ultra interesting and not to be missed addition to my theater. Stay tuned sports er ah theater fans.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2108 of 2123 Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Nice!!! We are never happy are we ha ha. I just ordered some m70 ii's. And a cs2 ii center.
PS3forlife is offline  
post #2109 of 2123 Old 03-08-2015, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TMcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth Orbit
Posts: 3,335
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 533
I told you MRS. RTROSE said it was 'OK' to get a pair of those Stereo Integrity 24" drivers!
TMcG is offline  
post #2110 of 2123 Old 03-08-2015, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I wish it was an "exciting" update like that , but it is one that I'm guessing will change the look of the theater but more importantly enhance the viewing experience.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.

Last edited by RTROSE; 03-09-2015 at 08:13 AM.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2111 of 2123 Old 03-15-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
I wish it was an "exciting" update like that , but it is one that I'm guessing will change the look of the theater but more importantly enhance the viewing experience.

Regards,

RTROSE
This tease is too suspenseful - come clean and spill the beans, WITH PHOTOS !!!!!

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
cuzed2 is offline  
post #2112 of 2123 Old 03-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post
This tease is too suspenseful - come clean and spill the beans, WITH PHOTOS !!!!!
I agree. RT needs to post something about it.
PS3forlife is offline  
post #2113 of 2123 Old 03-16-2015, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Hey now, I said it wasn't exciting now didn't I? I left my camera at work over the weekend and won't have access to it till tomorrow. As soon as I get the camera in my grubby little paws tomorrow evening I will post some pics of my "improvements".

Here is hoping that I don't disappoint all of you.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2114 of 2123 Old 03-16-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
At least you didn't say;

"the dog ate my camera"

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
cuzed2 is offline  
post #2115 of 2123 Old 03-16-2015, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Haha.....my dogs have had their fair share of things around here. Socks, underwear, PS3 controller, TV remote, balls, sprinklers, toys, bushes, flowers, birds, mice, rabbits....but no cameras that I'm aware of.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2116 of 2123 Old 03-16-2015, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 4,754
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Haha.....my dogs have had their fair share of things around here. Socks, underwear, PS3 controller, TV remote, balls, sprinklers, toys, bushes, flowers, birds, mice, rabbits....but no cameras that I'm aware of.

Regards,

RTROSE
Ha ha!

My daughter had a Siamese cat that ate hair scrungies! One $1,200 operation later, cat had a mass the size of a baseball taken out!!!! It looked like a ball of WORMS!!!!

Seven years later............episode two came along............ultimately it did him in after 16 years!
doublewing11 is offline  
post #2117 of 2123 Old 03-17-2015, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Ha ha!

My daughter had a Siamese cat that ate hair scrungies! One $1,200 operation later, cat had a mass the size of a baseball taken out!!!! It looked like a ball of WORMS!!!!

Seven years later............episode two came along............ultimately it did him in after 16 years!
Aww....that is so sad. We had a Ragdoll/Himalayan mix that was 12 when we had to send him across the Rainbow Bridge. I used to laugh at Christmas time as my saying was "It's not Christmas time at the RTROSE household until there is tinsel in the cat poop". Sebastian had a hankering for that stuff like nobody's business, took one of his nine lives one year made him deathly ill and put me on permanent cat watch for the future Christmases.

In talking about things our animals have eaten, I did forget to mention our first dog Malibu (a Shih Tzu) ate my wife's birth control pills. Talk about panic on all fronts. Yikes!

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2118 of 2123 Old 03-18-2015, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
"In talking about things our animals have eaten, I did forget to mention our first dog Malibu (a Shih Tzu) ate my wife's birth control pills. Talk about panic on all fronts. Yikes! "

Now that's Funny !!!

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
cuzed2 is offline  
post #2119 of 2123 Old 03-18-2015, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Without further ado....here we go. Many, many, many moons ago when I "completed" my theater I noticed (but tried to ignore) the brilliant white light coming from my esteemed popcorn maker. As any of you know that have a popcorn maker this light serves as a partial heater (along with the one on the bottom) as well as letting you see what you are doing and with my type of popper they are connected to the same switch. After multiple conversations with my oldest (who seems to be bothered by it the most) and my wife a very simple solution of hanging of drapes/curtains was settled on. While this sounds simple I did not actually want heavy theater type of drapes as they just would not fit well in my theater. I wanted something that fit the look of my space were unobtrusive and blocked light without drawing attention to themselves. I know, I know.......way over thinking this thing, but hey most of us here do that. That's why we are here.

Before. (Say hello to Willow one of my three Goldendoodles)









After







The drapes need to be hemmed but the end result is pretty impressive as far as reducing the light into the theater area. A very simple solution that I should have done a long time ago.

So there you have it. A theater update on a "completed" theater, posted pics so it did actually happen and a few bumps and posts to keep my thread alive.

Regards,

RTROSE
cuzed2 likes this.

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
RTROSE is offline  
post #2120 of 2123 Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,523
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Without further ado....here we go. Many, many, many moons ago when I "completed" my theater I noticed (but tried to ignore) the brilliant white light coming from my esteemed popcorn maker. As any of you know that have a popcorn maker this light serves as a partial heater (along with the one on the bottom) as well as letting you see what you are doing and with my type of popper they are connected to the same switch. After multiple conversations with my oldest (who seems to be bothered by it the most) and my wife a very simple solution of hanging of drapes/curtains was settled on. While this sounds simple I did not actually want heavy theater type of drapes as they just would not fit well in my theater. I wanted something that fit the look of my space were unobtrusive and blocked light without drawing attention to themselves. I know, I know.......way over thinking this thing, but hey most of us here do that. That's why we are here.

Before. (Say hello to Willow one of my three Goldendoodles)









After







The drapes need to be hemmed but the end result is pretty impressive as far as reducing the light into the theater area. A very simple solution that I should have done a long time ago.

So there you have it. A theater update on a "completed" theater, posted pics so it did actually happen and a few bumps and posts to keep my thread alive.

Regards,

RTROSE
WOAH - the wait is FINALLY over - and complete with photographic proof !
Well done RT!! Once you get those hemmed up they will add a nice classy touch, in addition to the huge leap in functionality

Also; sending you a PM

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
cuzed2 is offline  
post #2121 of 2123 Old 03-19-2015, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hanesian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Twin Citiesville, MN
Posts: 2,826
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Many, many, many moons ago when I "completed" my theater I noticed (but tried to ignore) the brilliant white light coming from my esteemed popcorn maker.
Nice solution to your First World problem, RT.

My solution was to not buy an esteemed popcorn maker. Not as tasty a solution as yours, I grant you, but it goes very well with my no-longer-existing HT, so at least I have that going for me.

Which is nice.



The Un-Theater Un-Build
_________________________________
State Certified Alcohol Disposal Expert.

 

hanesian is offline  
post #2122 of 2123 Old 03-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
PS3forlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Nice!! Good way to solve a UN avoidable problem. Once hemmed they will look right at home. Still love the theater. Now I'm gonna go watch a movie in mine with the new polks.

Cute dog btw. I have a Maltese and a mini daschund neither of which is allowed in the theater (Maltese likes to "mark" his territory)
PS3forlife is offline  
post #2123 of 2123 Old 03-20-2015, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
RTROSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 6,243
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Haha yup. If any of my dogs marked in the theater they would be shunned and permanently banned.

Regards,

RTROSE
RTROSE is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Yamaha Rx A1010bl Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off