The RTROSE (take my sweet time) HT Construction Thread - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #2161 of 2170 Old 05-21-2016, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Dream View Post
Where did you get those chairs from RTROSE? I'm sure you probably mentioned it in the thread but 72 pages and counting haha.
I got them from a place called Family Leisure in Indy. I think they were a house branded item at the time, they were on sale and in my price range so no brainer for me. The front three are manual recline, the rear four are motorized.

Clickie for Family Leisure.

With seven seats and sometimes my theater holding 13-15 full sized teenagers they have been through the mill, but have worn pretty well with just a few battle scars.

I'm disappointed that you didn't review all 72 pages (is it really that many now???????) as all of it is as riveting as watching grass grow, paint dry, or molasses flow in January in the Arctic Circle.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2170 Old 05-21-2016, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post
All kinds of familiar people in here...just popping up!

How's everyone doing?
Fantastic! You? Lots of famous or is that infamous people stop by here. Kind of like that little hot dog stand in LA where all the famous people just show up at all kinds of random times to get a hot dog. Same thing here.

I spy with my little eye a GTR in your Avatar. Nice! There was one sitting in the showroom next to an Altima and Maxima when were car shopping. We ended up leasing an Altima, but Mrs. RTROSE looked at the GTR and said "that's a good looking car maybe we could lease one of those next" then she walked over, looked at the window sticker and promptly said "Never mind". LOL

My dream car is a Vette, C4, C5, C6, or C7 makes me no never mind (but gunning for a C6 Z06). Have to get my kiddos out of college first, then comes the playtoys.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).

Last edited by RTROSE; 05-21-2016 at 06:06 PM.
post #2163 of 2170 Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
My dream car is a Vette, C4, C5, C6, or C7 makes me no never mind (but gunning for a C6 Z06). Have to get my kiddos out of college first, then comes the playtoys.
My dream car was C5 vett for the longest time. Then I bought one a few years ago! Pic of the vets ass with custom tail lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-21.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1452786  
post #2164 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My dream car was C5 vett for the longest time. Then I bought one a few years ago! Pic of the vets ass with custom tail lights.
Very nice! Love the custom tail lights, but the plate takes the cake, awesome!

I spend countless hours here on AVS, doing more lurking, than posting nowadays, but split my time watching all kinds of Vette videos on Youtube, and even watched several videos about the LED tail lights you have installed in your C5.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #2165 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Yup, good eye. She's my baby (don't tell my wife). She just doesn't understand.

Love 'vettes, too. The new ones are sharp but there's just something special about the old ones that gets my attention every time!

I still haven't finish my HT but have enjoyed it immensely. Just have to do a few finishing touches, etc. and it would be done....except we are going to be moving in hopefully less than a year.

We've bought an old house and have begun the long (and $$$) fixing it up! I'll get to have a dedicated HT above a detached garage and I'm excited....though going through all of that work....uggggh.

You guys are lucky with such a dedicated group in VA -- I don't think there are many of us in GA...or least close to me. Maybe I can convince Big to move down here (or at least come visit) and Hanes to entertain me.

Sounds like a plan!

John
post #2166 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Regards,

RTROSE
RT,

How you doing my friend? The post above caught my eye (both parts; high performance cars, and kids in college). I assume Purdue is still part of your life. So I have one more year and then I get my raise - the youngest will be graduating Iowa State in 1 year . As for cars; this same son just found himself a like-new 2002 Z28/6speed, with only 30K adult driven miles on it. He found it in Iowa, and guess who got to help him drive it back home for the summer months ? . Fastest damn car this old fossil has ever driven. So with him out of college in 1 year; do I have your permisson or assitance as a "Certified used Corvette shopper" to get a new toy for myself ... ?

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
post #2167 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post
RT,

How you doing my friend? The post above caught my eye (both parts; high performance cars, and kids in college). I assume Purdue is still part of your life. So I have one more year and then I get my raise - the youngest will be graduating Iowa State in 1 year . As for cars; this same son just found himself a like-new 2002 Z28/6speed, with only 30K adult driven miles on it. He found it in Iowa, and guess who got to help him drive it back home for the summer months ? . Fastest damn car this old fossil has ever driven. So with him out of college in 1 year; do I have your permisson or assitance as a "Certified used Corvette shopper" to get a new toy for myself ... ?
If you didn't notice, my Vett is in Iowa. I also bought it here with 30k miles on it too haha. Not a Z06, but I wanted the removable top more than the high priced insurance.
post #2168 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Very nice! Love the custom tail lights, but the plate takes the cake, awesome!
Trying to get a video uploaded but its being a PITA. These are not normal LED tail lights. They blink from the inside out (left to right) when the blinkers are on like some Mustangs do, and the 3rd eye LED moves back and forth left to right like Kit from KnightRider.

Edit: Got it finally.
RTROSE and Seth Rosenthal like this.

Last edited by Death Dream; 05-22-2016 at 09:39 AM.
post #2169 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post
RT,

I'm doing well my friend and yes Purdue is still a part of my life. My oldest will be a senior this coming fall and my youngest will be a freshman at you guessed it.....Purdue. I guess it makes visiting them easier if they are in the same place vs two different schools. Sounds like your son got a nice car and you got a perk to boot. I'm always looking for a newly appointed self given title so shop away. It's always fun to spend someone else's money.

Quote:
Trying to get a video uploaded but its being a PITA. These are not normal LED tail lights. They blink from the inside out (left to right) when the blinkers are on like some Mustangs do, and the 3rd eye LED moves back and forth left to right like Kit from KnightRider.

Edit: Got it finally.
https://youtu.be/Ld53u2DDX5c
Looks and sounds fantastic/nasty! Nicely done!

Regards,

RTROSE

Last edited by RTROSE; 05-24-2016 at 09:26 PM.
post #2170 of 2170 Old 05-22-2016, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Vette tailights

Those trick LED tail-lights are awesome, and the car is music to my ears
Death Dream likes this.

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09