Twinseltown Theater - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #1831 of 1838 Old 01-06-2016, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Great pictures! The door pulls are perfect!

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1838 Old 01-06-2016, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Tony,

Love the family pics, good looking family. Especially love the photo of you guys at the Grand Canyon.

As for the door pulls, those are AWESOME!! Well done. Progress and pics to boot!

Regards,

RTROSE
Tony,

Great family vacation photos - thanks for sharing. About 8 years ago; my youngest was still in Junior high, and we took him on a mini-SW tour. These photos bring back good memories, one of your photos looks like Zion National Park?

Nice find on those door pulls! When will we see them mounted

Craig

Cuzed2
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09
post #1833 of 1838 Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Well isn't this an impatient bunch...you want them mounted so soon!?!? Why rush things?

Yes, that is Zion. Our favorite of the entire trip.

The "Twinseltown" Theater
Construction Thread
post #1834 of 1838 Old 01-06-2016, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Pics of progress or it didn't happen.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #1835 of 1838 Old 01-06-2016, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
It's really great hearing you guys chime in! Although we have never met, I feel a camaraderie.

I wanted to post something of substance. And yes, I am going to include a minor construction update!

First, the traveling thing...along with the career change has been a change in free time over the summers. We have not wasted opportunities. The summer of 2014, we took the travel trailer for a 42 day trip through the southwest. We visited 16 national parks and had the time of our lives. I thought I'd include a few photos, seeing as how we are all family.

Summer 2015, we went to Hawaii.

The photos are off topic, but we are family.

Construction update in the next post.
Dang...all of a sudden I want your life!

Very cool.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #1836 of 1838 Old 01-08-2016, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 321
I am glad to see this thread rise back out of the dust. Kudos to you for following your other dreams and time well spent with family. Looking forward to any updates you provide.
post #1837 of 1838 Old 01-10-2016, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Happy new year to you my friend. Hope that this year brings you, Cindy and the kids every happiness. I know we all razz you about progress but your time has been much better spent. Looking back when this thread started, you could fit your boys inside your subs. How life flies and they grow so fast. Before you know, the boys will be moving on and camping with their own wives and kids. Don't fret. Kids need our presence, not our presents. The Theatre will come soon and will be great for the boys as they get older. So much better to invest than spend your time. By the way....fantastic door knobs. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Follow my thread here
post #1838 of 1838 Old 01-19-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
Hey guys. I haven't been present here out of embarrassment. There has been zero progress in the last 3 years or more. In fact, in the last year or two, we haven't even used the room more than once a month.

The teaching career has been fantastic! I made a good move. However, that, along with my boys getting a little older, has changed our lifestyle a bit. We have a travel trailer now and do lots of traveling. We haven't been home the last two summers and won't be again this year. Great for enjoying life, bad for finishing theaters.

I lost focus just a few months too early. Miss you guys and the banter on the forum.

Yo YO TONY!! S'up Dude?!

I know we connected a year or so back on that camping site (great minds think alike and all), but just catching up here after my semi-annual AVS Forum visit, and this post of yours brought back vivid memories from several years ago when my oldest was deployed in the Middle East, and in my parental anxiety I waxed uncharacteristically on this very subject. A quick detour to my old build thread and my suspicions (and slight embarrassment) were confirmed; here's a snippet to save you the time and hassle (minus the most sappy parts):

"And those of you with young kids still at home ... hold them close and share your time with them while you can, even when they drive you to the edge of your sanity, or beyond. They grow up so quickly and are gone, sometimes to very distant and dangerous places. And there are no do-overs.

Home Theaters will wait for us. Our important little projects will wait. Our kids won't. They grow up in the blink of an eye and are gone out of our lives and into their own."

In other words, my friend ...

Savor the journey.

The Un-Theater Un-Build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page