"The Bunker Cinema" Nearing Completion - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

I finally got around to correcting my riser so I could fit my fourth theater seat into the back row. I was able to utilize the lumber from the old riser in this new one. DSCN2105.jpg

Carpet ready to be glued down
DSCN2107.jpg

Chairs reinstalled
DSCN2110.jpg
DSCN2111.jpg

Next up, routering and staining the trim.
post #33 of 34 Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Its always a work in progress, my friend. The change in sound is hard to put into words. It was noticeable. I like being able to hear, but not see the speakers. It makes the room feel that much more like a theater, IMO. My main reason for using the spandex was to increase the screen size and to keep my 2-yr old from putting toys into the ports of my speakers. I was using blackout cloth before and the spandex is an improvement over that. My room is not totally light controlled and the spandex performs better than BOC with some ambient light. The time invested in changing the screen was well worth it and the price/performance ratio of the spandex can't be beat.
post #34 of 34 Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nice space. Cool to see how it has changed over the years. I was glad to see another example of a spandex screen, as well! I have the spandex in a box and I'm hoping to find time this weekend to start working on the frame. I have the same secondary desire from my AT screen; keep kids from fiddling with my speakers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction