I’ve been dreaming of my own HT for about 5 years now and did lot of reading on AVS. Time has come to implement what I have learnt.
Opportunity came knocking suddenly and I am now left with 3 months to complete the project or my wife will take the money away.:-)I need all your help and advice on completing this DYI project.Please contribue !!
The HT will be mainly used for Movies and some sports.Current Plan
• 2 Level Seating
• Bar in the back
• SMX screen
• Sony VPL projector (TBD
• Speakers (Budget …around 3k for 7.1) – need your help picking for my HT size.
• Amp – thinking of Yamaha ( Budget 3k).Framing Questions:
I had initially thought of doing DW+GG+DW but I have a bedroom right above my HT and want more sound proofing.
1. How much would a RSIC + HAT channel offer to sound proofing if I add it to my plan?
2. Can I do the Ceiling with clips and rest just the drywall or do I need to do the complete floating room concept?
3. What is the ideal placement (distance between them) of Clips? I want to make sure I buy enough clips.
4. Guestimate on how much would it cost for the Clips?Sound Questions:
1. Can I put the SUBS in the stage or would they be better beside the Screen?
2. If I put the SUBS on the stage then do I need to decouple it with Screen Frame?
3. I would like to leave the media room in its place and that would mean running 50 ft cables for CRL speakers to be placed behind the acoustic screen. Would I loose quality if I do this?
4. What are some good audio cable options for this length?Pictures below