Well, after months of enjoyment, it's time to start upgrades and fixes. I tossed around the idea of building ginormous corner boxes to frame my screen and hold the 4 15" Atlas subs I picked up from titch--. Also briefly toyed with the idea of doing IB, but I just don't have the room for it without ripping apart the basement completely. Not what I'm interesed in. So... I decided I'm going to throw up a wall down the left side of the theatre to hold the kids' toys at bay, keep the blazing light off the screen when the kids feel they need to play, and to help with sound. When the wall is done, I'm going to build 2 THT subs (See the DIY speakers and subs section if you're in the dark).
Well, the bathroom in the basement is pretty much done. gotta wait for my cousin to come do the shower tile. Here's how it ended up:
And got the theatre wall damn-near done too:
So now the madness starts with THT!!!!!! got the cheap ass plywood, knots and all. G1S. inside will not be G. Got the lines drawn on and the access hole cut. The lumber yard did the big cuts. I just gotta do finishing.
Got the trusty plans handy:
Using a biscuit joiner for connection duties... for the most part
Still pretty cold outside since it's only mid March in the frosty North. I'll likely dry-fit as much as I can then move assembly into the basement.
Well I'm at a bit of a standstill until my Partsexpress order comes in with my t-nuts and cabinet binding post thingies. Also need some biscuits and PL from HD. Thursday evening I plan on throwing some sawdust if you wanna pop by the garage.