If we redo the 3 season porch I get the finished basement.
"OK hun, DEAL!!!"
We (my buddy and I) finished the porch last night....
Today began the Conversion....
The room is 30x18. It is so UGLY!!! I am so excited to make it nice.
I am not doing theater seats and risers...I am doing a nice leather couch set that is the same color as the future side wall paint. I am keeping 15 feet behind the seating for expansion, family rec of some sort.
The room is all wood paneling with black and white alternating tile. YUCK!!!
Today we added a wall. Framed it so the sub, ctr and main speakers were built in. And so I have 5 feet behind the wall for storage and my components to be hidden. We also snaked all the a/v cables in wall ready to go
* Bought a house, re-did the whole upstairs..now its time for the basement
* Building theater in basement room measuring approximately 30" x 18'.
* Projector JVC-RS35 (Was Sony VPL-AW15>Panny AE2000U>Epson 1080UB>JVC RS1>JVC RS10>Anthem LTX 500)
* Screen is 128" DIY 1.3 gain 2.37:1 (Was 110" Stewart ST130)
* (Now Gone) Prismasonic HE1500R Lens
* Distance from screen to seating (7) is approxmately 12.5'.
* Sound is Pioneer SC-27, Speakers-Zerius by Triangle (http://www.triangle-fr.com/
), SvS PC13-Ultra(was Onkyo TX-NR905 then Sunfire Cinema 7 and Sub-eD A5-350).
* Pioneer Elite Bdp-23fd Blu-Ray (Was a Panasonic BD-35).
* Accoustic treatments are Soundstop wall panels that are in wall.
* Equipment A/V Rack, is in closet with a Universal MX-980 and IR Receiver.
* XBox 360, Fios HD Cable, and Custom made HTPC w/ DVI to HDMI.
* Paint is all Benjamin Moore. Screen wall and ceiling-"Black Raisin" and the side-"Gooseberry".
* Carpet plush Chocolate Brown.
Here are some pics of Day 1.
Yep...the PJ mount is up
I was watching it all last week...gunna pull it down to paint ceiling.
Sheetrock Done, notice the Components in the back area behind where the secret door will be.
All the places for the speakers cut out of the rock.
Filling the nail holes and seams done.
PS I plan on this being done by wedsday night before thankgiving- the 21st . I began work on wedsday the 14th.
So HOPEFULLY this is a one week project.