I'm designing a dedicated HT and would appreciate any comments on my design, component selection, or system architecture.
I envision the room being used for theater and two-channel audio. Our music tastes run from Jazz, to Classical, to New Age, to Baroque pipe-organ music. We're NOT currently into gaming, but interests change over time....
The room is approximately 12'x14'x8', with a single access door, and no windows. I'll probably paint the walls and ceiling a medium brown to match the existing carpeting (still being negotiated with my wife)
The attached sketch shows the rough layout. Obviously the access door will need to be closed when the room is in use. Single row of seating, out from the rear wall to allow access to the 'equipment niche'. The door location is NOT ideal, but I need to compromise. I prefer to maximize the screen size and place the LCR speakers behind an AT screen.
Since the room exists, I prefer to limit the construction activities to installing in-wall/in-ceiling speakers, wiring, painting, hanging the projector, and perhaps building an AT screen.
The amplifier and any 'back room' electronics will be racked in an adjoining room.
At the moment, I don't have a budget cap. This exercise will be input in the budget negotiations.
FWIW: I'm an electrical engineer. Construction is ONLY a hobby, and I built this room and others to fill our 1200 sq. ft. basement.
- Mitsubishi HC6000 projector on a ceiling mount
- Acoustically Transparent 106" wide 16x9 screen, DIY?, SMX?
- Left/Right: Polk LC265i (Question: Would the LC65i be sufficient?)
- Center: Polk LCi-C
- Left/Right Surround: Polk LC65fx
- Left/Right Rear Surround: Polk LC60i - (in ceiling, aimed at the rear wall)
- Sub: SVS PB13-U
- Preamp/Processor: OnkyoPro PR-SC885P
- Amplifier: Emotiva MPS-2
- Four Berkline 088 recliners in a straight/curved layout.
- TVSS and Power Conditioning
- Remote Control integration (IR/Wired)
- Integration with audio/video/computer systems throughout the house
- Cable or Satellite source
- Media streamer (perhaps the HTPC)
- DVR (perhaps the HTPC)
Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.
Please excuse any redundancy as I plan to post this in multiple forums.