2nd row seat/riser photos please - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 77 Old 06-12-2011, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
is it sad scrolling through here that i recognize almost every single riser?

here mine for the fray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Live: Hero of Cannton 

Currently Playing: CoD Black Ops II

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Liked: 148
Here are some build pics of mine. No carpet yet, though. The two boxes on the top row and the rightmost box on the bottom row are for LED louvered lights. The other three boxes are for power. I cut holes through all the sections to prevent any of them from trapping air. The vents on the top are to allow air flow as well. I am using the riser as a broadband base trap while also ensuring it does not turn into a drum.

post #63 of 77 Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM

Liked: 10
Heres mine

Check out my HT Build!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my YouTube Channel (Theater tours,bluray reviews all things tech)

post #64 of 77 Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM

Liked: 11
1 foot tall
LL
LL
post #65 of 77 Old 02-26-2012, 02:50 PM

Liked: 10
Anyone have information on building a base trap in to a riser? (pros/cons/examples) A local installer has recommended this for my room as opposed to a in-wall sub or free standing sub.

-> Invisibill's Home Theatre Project
post #66 of 77 Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM

Liked: 148
A bass trap is to trap and remove the excessive bass build up which happens in corners. It is not a bass built into the riser.
post #67 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 06:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 834
What is the ideal amount of riser for the second row ? (and third? )

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #68 of 77 Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Check the riser height calculator sticky at the top of this forum

|
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #69 of 77 Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
curious how much the risers are costing? we are building a house in a new development and they have an option for a riser - 4" tall and 6'x12' for $542 - i like the idea of having one less thing to do but i have never built out a room - my existing theater was here when we moved in. is it worth the cost to have them do it or should i do it my self -

post #70 of 77 Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjason View Post

curious how much the risers are costing? we are building a house in a new development and they have an option for a riser - 4" tall and 6'x12' for $542 - i like the idea of having one less thing to do but i have never built out a room - my existing theater was here when we moved in. is it worth the cost to have them do it or should i do it my self -

That price isn't too bad, but I think you'll find that a 4" riser is too low and at 6' deep, not really deep enough for reclining theater seats. Also, it most likely will have a single layer of decking and will lack insulation. Unless you have your room layout already done and can calculate the correct riser height for the builder, I'd wait and DIY. If you plan on ripping out the builder carpet and putting in a special carpet for the theater, I'd definitely DIY the riser. If you plan on soundproofing the room, you need to wait and build the riser after your soundproofing efforts.

FYI-My riser costs are lumped in with my stage and mini riser costs, so I don't know for sure how much the riser cost by itself. I can tell you all three came to $730 before carpet, so I'm guessing I spent about $450 for a 13"x8'x12-1/2' riser, including 2 steps. It has a 2x12 perimeter with 2x8 joists, 2 layers of 3/4" osb decking and is filled with insulation.

Spaceman Theater Build

post #71 of 77 Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 AM

i need to find out more details about how it is built - not sure about the carpet - i may just match it with the builders - i will be building a stage as well so doing it my self may be the way to go -

post #72 of 77 Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 834
On of the things I am playing with- is do I want it all carpet or should I accent the carpet with stained and finished wood around the edges ?? More work and cost but I think it looks nicer.

For those that did- or did not- any feedback ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #73 of 77 Old 05-31-2013, 07:57 PM

i think i will diy - my current one is 12"x6'x8' - the 12 in height is needed to clear my front row - and the 6 ft lets me recline with out issue -

thanks for the help!

post #74 of 77 Old 07-23-2013, 03:05 PM

Liked: 22
Technically not "RISERS". more like "platform" close enough:rolleyes:

I had limited ceiling height so I purchased the rialto backrow riserless theater seats which are 8 inches taller then the front. they get the job done great but i noticed my "shorter" guests look a tad uncomfortable getting off and on. some had to do a tiny hop LOL. So i built this platform which is 4 inches tall to accommodate them. Add a strip of led lights and presto! Problem solved smile.gif

post #75 of 77 Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 AM

Liked: 17
So I am contemplating building a two-tier riser for the Man Cave. I will have a 4" and another 4" to 6" on top of that. It's in my basement and looking for suggestions on construction design. I will have one Clark Synthesis under the smaller, 4" riser and two Clark Synthesis transducers under the larger riser. I will be building it out of 2 x 4's and 2 x 8's or 2 x 10's. I was considering putting Auralex U-boats underneath. Will this help/hurt the vibrations of the transducers? Riser will be covered with pad/carpet. Smaller riser will have a couch with the second row, upper level, individual theater seats and the third row will be bar stools.

Any help, comments, suggestions, concerns appreciated.
RG

Klipsch Rocks!
post #76 of 77 Old 02-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 22
BIG what are the dimensions for that riser?

Come see my Livin' the Dream build!

post #77 of 77 Old 02-22-2014, 10:17 AM

Liked: 17
The riser is 26' wide and 20' deep.

Klipsch Rocks!
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page