LandShark's small yet cozy home theater thread...... - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #331 of 352 Old 10-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Member
 
TCUENGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post

you've inspired me! unfortunately, i know nothing about fishing speaker wires. i believe i have access to both the attic and underground area from my room. how do i go about fishing speaker wire?

Use one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-438-2.../dp/B001HWEEIY

Put one end in the hole and "work it" through to the other side, which isn't easy but is doable since it's steel. Then once on the other side tape the speaker wire to the steel piece you just "fished" through and pull it back to you - voila
TCUENGR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 352 Old 10-05-2011, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUENGR View Post

Use one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Greenlee-438-2.../dp/B001HWEEIY

Put one end in the hole and "work it" through to the other side, which isn't easy but is doable since it's steel. Then once on the other side tape the speaker wire to the steel piece you just "fished" through and pull it back to you - voila

Yup, that's what I use to fish the wire/cable.
landshark1 is offline  
post #333 of 352 Old 12-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
CaliCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump to a very nice theater. One of the best, definitely.

I'm inspired to build mine, which is five months from now.
CaliCool is offline  
post #334 of 352 Old 12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Member
 
ime2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just curious, 2 Questions !!

from back to the front of the room, what is the distance in between each ceiling lights ??

Also, what is the distance from side of the wall to the ceiling light ??





Just want to have a preference when I am doing my ceiling lights, Many thxxxxxxx
ime2008 is offline  
post #335 of 352 Old 12-30-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ime2008 View Post

Just curious, 2 Questions !!

from back to the front of the room, what is the distance in between each ceiling lights ??

Also, what is the distance from side of the wall to the ceiling light ??

Just want to have a preference when I am doing my ceiling lights, Many thxxxxxxx

I just spread out the can light evenly, and put them slightly closer to the side wall to avoid the "light path" of the projector.
landshark1 is offline  
post #336 of 352 Old 04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Newbie
 
chapsrl1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need to find this sofa ?? wich brand is it ??? where can I find it ??? ( I live in Canada
chapsrl1982 is offline  
post #337 of 352 Old 04-06-2012, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapsrl1982 View Post

I need to find this sofa ?? wich brand is it ??? where can I find it ??? ( I live in Canada

It was from Ikea. However, they no longer make this anymore.....
landshark1 is offline  
post #338 of 352 Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Newbie
 
strongbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is by far one of my favourite theatres. I have just finished wiring my theatre room but I have been going through a ton of build threads to see what different people have done. I have a room about 19' x 13'-6" so a reasonable size but not really big. What I really like about your room (as said many times before) is that it doesn't feel like a closed off theatre room where you feel like you should sit in silence the whole time.

You did a great job making it a functional, social space that would be fun to hang out in, but still provide the only 2 features that a theatre room really needs (in my opinion): big picture & big sound.

Nice work! You have definitely made me feel better about my decision to make my build more of an extension to the rest of my house rather than a completely separate entity on its own.
strongbo is offline  
post #339 of 352 Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbo View Post

This is by far one of my favourite theatres. I have just finished wiring my theatre room but I have been going through a ton of build threads to see what different people have done. I have a room about 19' x 13'-6" so a reasonable size but not really big. What I really like about your room (as said many times before) is that it doesn't feel like a closed off theatre room where you feel like you should sit in silence the whole time.

You did a great job making it a functional, social space that would be fun to hang out in, but still provide the only 2 features that a theatre room really needs (in my opinion): big picture & big sound.

Nice work! You have definitely made me feel better about my decision to make my build more of an extension to the rest of my house rather than a completely separate entity on its own.

Thanks for your kind words.

We truly enjoyed it in the past 4 yrs of this little theater space. And we do believe we achieved what we want (cozy) from what we have (budget, space).

However, it's about time for us to move onto a new chapter, new HT! This time around, I guess we want to try a more modern cinema space given I'm having a much larger space to play with.

Well, at least I know my little HT will continued somewhere as I've just gave all of my equipments (projector, screen, speakers, amp, that sofa, etc.) to my nephew for his new townhouse.
landshark1 is offline  
post #340 of 352 Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
ffactoryxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What was the exact paint you used for this. I totally want to do the same thing in my basement.

Did you use a primer on the white walls?
ffactoryxx is offline  
post #341 of 352 Old 10-24-2012, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
landshark1 is offline  
post #342 of 352 Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
ffactoryxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Here's the color that I used. cool.gif
http://www.avsforum.com/t/982083/landsharks-small-yet-cozy-home-theater-thread/60#post_13215750

Thanks. For the Trim you used a wood style paint?

And by trim ou mean around the windows and the doors?

I thought you used the same wall paint for the trim.
ffactoryxx is offline  
post #343 of 352 Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post

Thanks. For the Trim you used a wood style paint?
And by trim ou mean around the windows and the doors?
I thought you used the same wall paint for the trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post


tks a lot! yeah, me & my GF both really like the color scheme outcome too!


the screen wall and ceiling is Mickey Mouse's Ear Black.

the wall is Ralph Lauren Broome Flat.

the trim is Ralph Lauren Turret Stair Semi Gloss.

got them all from HomeDepot.
Yes, trims mean door, window, wall trim.
landshark1 is offline  
post #344 of 352 Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
jimmyk36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Yes - Very Nice!

What model of recessed light cans did you use? and the bulb types?

Also - do you know the model of the carpet?

Thanks!
jimmyk36 is online now  
post #345 of 352 Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk36 View Post

Yes - Very Nice!
What model of recessed light cans did you use? and the bulb types?
Also - do you know the model of the carpet?
Thanks!
It's just regular 4" can light from Home Depot. As for the carpet, I really forgot what it is, but it's inexpensive & again from Home Depot too.
landshark1 is offline  
post #346 of 352 Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
jimmyk36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post


lol.... just a couple coats of MickeyMouse Ear Black will do!!

Gary - did you use "Mouse Ears Flat Matte" or "Mouse Ears Flat Enamel"?

Home Depot has both but I am not sure which one to get.



Thanks,
Jim
jimmyk36 is online now  
post #347 of 352 Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyk36 View Post

Gary - did you use "Mouse Ears Flat Matte" or "Mouse Ears Flat Enamel"?
Home Depot has both but I am not sure which one to get.
Thanks,
Jim
Matte.
landshark1 is offline  
post #348 of 352 Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Newbie
 
sh1ft3rdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still one of the best.
sh1ft3rdotcom is offline  
post #349 of 352 Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
landshark1 is offline  
post #350 of 352 Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Senior Member
 
evanhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know Im digging up an old thread but obviously and all time HT so not hard to revive the thread.

Not sure if you recall as I know you moved to a new HT and system but had a question of when you ran the 7006's.

Im considering running 7006 and already have a Def tech sub, how did you run the 7006's as far as the bass - did you turn the gain down completely or did it supplement the super cube?
evanhunter is offline  
post #351 of 352 Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
landshark1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 1,450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhunter View Post

I know Im digging up an old thread but obviously and all time HT so not hard to revive the thread.

Not sure if you recall as I know you moved to a new HT and system but had a question of when you ran the 7006's.

Im considering running 7006 and already have a Def tech sub, how did you run the 7006's as far as the bass - did you turn the gain down completely or did it supplement the super cube?
I was running the7006 Large along with the Supercube1. I guess it depends on the exact model of the Supercube that you have. If I have a Reference, I'll probably cross any BP tower @ 40hz or 60hz instead.
landshark1 is offline  
post #352 of 352 Old Today, 11:25 PM
Newbie
 
HTownTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I know your not in this theater any more but must say I enjoyed reading the build thread, and the simplicity yet functionality you built here.
HTownTheater is online now  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off