Wow - I got an "Old Thread Warning" when I went to post my semi-annual theater build update. If that's not an indication I am a slacker, I don't know what is ...
New job, lot more travel. I don't have a lot of evenings anymore to go do little things here and there in the theater. Let me put it this way, for all you frequent fliers ... It's only the third week of August, and I've already made Platinum on Northwest. And I was on vacation for the first three weeks of January. I think they added the fourth "diamond" tier just for me.
And on weekends, my wife thinks I should be building fences and brick walls. As if those can't be done after it starts snowing. Harumph!
So here is my measly update.
First, the Grafik Eye is mounted. It will be set in a corner column eventually, but for now it is functional.
I am using it to control two zones. One of the zones I wanted to test was the rope lighting for the riser. Because of the short led ropes (i.e., low wattage) I had to wire in a synthetic load. It works well. One thing I have noticed is when I turn it on, the lights flash bright, then off, and then slowly fade in to the setting on the graphic eye. Obviously some capacitance in the synthetic load circuitry. The other zone I am using is an outlet in the ceiling I will eventually plug the ceiling rope lights into. For now, I have a floor lamp plugged into it.
Behind the wall for the Graphic Eye I ran all of the Romex into a 6x6 JB. From there, I am transitioning to individual THHN wires, so I can save the bulk of the sheathing and extra neutrals and grounds. Plus the conduit makes a neater entrance into the GE box in the wall.