AVS Forum banner

Small Theater Build Threads

290K views 390 replies 180 participants last post by  MIkeDuke 
#1 ·
Along the line of the "Best" build threads, how bout we compile a list of smaller theater builds. Smaller in the sense of physical size. I have a bit of an ulterior motive as my space for my upcoming build is only 11.5'x18'x8' so I'm trying to get as much info on a small build as I can. But also since the big expensive builds get all the press I think it's good to showcase some of the smaller builds.

Currently I'm liking this one a lot:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=996159

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMoose /forum/post/13163330

Along the line of the "Best" build threads, how bout we compile a list of smaller theater builds. Smaller in the sense of physical size. I have a bit of an ulterior motive as my space for my upcoming build is only 11.5'x18'x8' so I'm trying to get as much info on a small build as I can. But also since the big expensive builds get all the press I think it's good to showcase some of the smaller builds.

Currently I'm liking this one a lot:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=996159

Hey Moose, thanks for the vote

I looked at this one a lot in my planning stage because its a pretty small room.

Royal Fortune Construction Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=633842&pp=30

Bud's (Chinadog) is also a great one.

#3 ·
I was just thinking of this same thread but ya beat me to it. Alright, I've found a few theaters that I think are also cool. Would you mind if I helped you tag photos as well?

Victor

#4 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
Reactions: TUNNELVISION
#7 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
My room is 13x17. My columns are 9" each (in hindsight would have altered my design) - so the gap for my seating is 11.5. I just purchased a couch w/recliners that is 82" wide which will leave 28" aisles. A riser was poor WAF, so we were planning bar stools & bean bags for overflow seating. I am almosts done (and moving, sheesh), so should add final pics this weekend (or at the latest, next). Link in the sig.

#10 ·
#14 ·
Thanks for the kind words, guys. After 5yrs of looking at this website (started at

#15 ·
#19 ·
#20 ·
This place is addicting! I'm just starting my build and can't seem to read enough or see enough other theaters! I'm getting some really good ideas and now know that I will have to ask someone about how to best do the wall treatments among other things.

The framing will be starting soon!

#22 ·
#25 ·
Awesome work victor-eyd.

Reading through this thread has pushed me over the edge - this weekend I'm building a screenwall for my 10'11" x 10'9" spare bedroom. Up to this point, we've just had our screen screwed to a painted plaster wall, with the speakers (Magnepan MMG's) hanging out in the room. My goal is something like what member luclin999 did in his Small Budget, Smaller Room build thread. I rendered it in sketchup last night - I hope to complete it this weekend.

Jay