post #181 of 2184 Old 03-21-2009, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjks6 View Post

I love the gripper gray. Also love the red/black color scheme. I do not think you can go wrong with any of them.

After priming I could not resist hanging the speakers in those holes. And then hanging the projector. And then watching some TV. Now work has slowed a little.

It looks great. Love the use of space.

That's the death knell my friend, but understandable. I guess some of these guys are on v2 or better, so they can stave off the excitement of actually getting the theater working until construction is more than "done". I mean, I understand why it's the "right" approach to take...to completely finish what you want to do to the room, before hooking everything up and enjoying it...but for some of these builds, it almost seems as if the juice is in the building, not plopping your a$$ in a nice, comfy chair and enjoying.

Me, I'm chomping at the bit to get to the point where I can hook everything up. That's not to say I'm looking to rush things and cut corners, but I plan to take things in phases. There will be a phase I, which is to get things where we can start to enjoy movies, and phase II, to start adding some things here and there to make the room that much better. That is not to say it is the right approach for everyone...just for me.

In any case, thanks for the encouragement. Looks like we're at about the same place in our builds (although I would kill for your space).

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2184 Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm trying to decide what to get into today. I have some time before the 3:20 tip and I'd really like to get something done on the room. I had planned on getting a gallon of Black and get to painting, starting with the screen-wall...as I really want to finish that first...paint, Lin and Fabric (if I decide to go that direction...still no one chiming-in on the benefits it's likely to yield), get the cabinet in place, and dare I dream a screen...and work backwards from there. But it occured to me that if I plan to do spotlights up above the screen, in the new bulkhead, I should probably have the Electrician do that...given that he'll have to do Drywall cutting, and all the dust and such that creates...before I start laying down Black paint. Agreed? That's really going to delay things, because my Electrician is usually booked like 2-3 weeks out, and I didn't see this one coming and only left a message for him yesterday.

Who knows; maybe you guys will chime-in and say there's no reason I can't go ahead and paint, as long as things are plenty dry before he starts his work; just clean up and move on? If not, I suppose there are other things I could do to make progress; start staining the cabinet, or paint other areas of the room, where the Drywall cutting is done...they're just not as essential to getting me closer to hanging that screen!

Here's another question I could use the group's help on: as far as recessed lights, or spotlights...whatever you want to call them...in the bulkhead, over the screen; how many and what size? I know 3 is pretty standard, but then again most people have a wider screen-wall than I do. The recessed part of the wall is ~95" wide and ~11" (a little over) deep. Obviously this is a very common look, so I could have referenced just about anybody's build, but I've always been partial to stealing from Tapiozona, where the look of the screen-wall is concerned.

Thanks,
CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #183 of 2184 Old 03-21-2009, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Not a stellar day in the Lehner household. First, I feel like I'm at a little bit of a standstill with the room, after the realization that I should probably get my Electrician in to do the lighting work before I do any more painting (?). So then I head out to the HD/L because you know...if you can't do anything, shop for something. However, I don't feel any closer to knowing what I should do for recessed lighting above the screen. I see trim that I like, but don't really know what cans they go with (other than the size). 5" looks too big, 3" too small, so I guess that leaves 4", but it's hard to tell in the store; (3) 4" cans on my 96" screen might be overwhelmingly bright...and 3" cans may not be bright enough. But it seems most of the trim I like is for 3"; I kinda dig the square, adjustable, but maybe there's a reason I haven't seen these much. So I could just go with the circular, adjustable...or fixed recessed...or fixed pinhole Guess I should just try and get with the Electrician as soon as possible.

Oh, and my Terps got crushed by Memphis. So the only bit of good news is these arrived today (thanks for the tip ShawnW). As I pulled them out of the mailbox, I was thinking to myself "great, now if Monoprice would ever get 12ga speaker-cable back in stock, I'd be in business". Lo and behold...for those of you who have been waiting, check your email.

CD

post #184 of 2184 Old 03-21-2009, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had a whole post written out to tell you to go ahead and paint and then touch up, and how to do it, but then I got cold feet that you would paint is and never be able to get it to look right and hold it against me forever, so what I will say, if it was me and I had nothing to do I would paint prior to the electrician and touch up as necessary. Wow that is a long sentence, my grammar teacher would be mad.
post #185 of 2184 Old 03-22-2009, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjks6 View Post

I had a whole post written out to tell you to go ahead and paint and then touch up, and how to do it, but then I got cold feet that you would paint is and never be able to get it to look right and hold it against me forever, so what I will say, if it was me and I had nothing to do I would paint prior to the electrician and touch up as necessary. Wow that is a long sentence, my grammar teacher would be mad.

Don't worry about it...I'm the king of long sentences. I usually just put a ... to connect what would correctly be 3 or 4 independent thoughts...lol. It's the Internet, no one's grading.

Like most things, I am being way too neurotic about the whole painting issue; it's paint! I should just paint the damn thing, and if the Electrician gets some dust on it, fix it later. To make matters worse, it's likely going to get covered in Lin and GOM anyway, and even if I don't go that route, 90% of the wall will be covered by the built-in cabinet and screen.

I'm a hand-wringer, to be sure...but it's not like the Build Forum discourages that kind of thing; people are very careful here...and the last thing you want to do is end with a mistake you can't fix because you were in a hurry. But it's just paint. I'm going to wait to see how long it'll take the Electrician to come out; if he says he can get here sometime this week, it'll keep. If it's going to be a couple of weeks, it will not. I might even just decide on the size of the cans, get my GC to help install them, and let the Electrician come and do the wiring.

CD

post #186 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

I'm going to wait to see how long it'll take the Electrician to come out; if he says he can get here sometime this week, it'll keep. If it's going to be a couple of weeks, it will not.

Another self-inflicted crisis averted; Electrician can come out 3/30, which is quicker than his usual turn-around, and what with 3 well-placed days off on 4/1-4/3, I think the GC and I can take it from there. I see screen-shots being posted by 4/4 (and a premiere later that night?).

In the meantime, I have a cabinet that needs staining to keep me occupied; it's a task I have been dreading, but I should probably just bite the bullet and take this in-between time to get 'er done.

CD

post #187 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Painting or staining is always a chore for me too, but then it's a case of sooner i start, the sooner i'll finish!!

Cheers
Lee
post #188 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Not sure if you already made your final decision on the cans. I say go with the smaller cans. The regular size ones look out of place in a HT. Though, most people go with the smaller ones for sound containment, which obviously is not an issue with yours being in the attic. With your screen size, three max, but I think two would look better. Funny you should mention the number of cans because I was thinking three would have looked better than my two .
post #189 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here's another vote for smaller cans (never thought I would ever say that ). You'll be pleasantly surprise by how much light a 3" can will deliver.
post #190 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Not sure if you already made your final decision on the cans. I say go with the smaller cans. The regular size ones look out of place in a HT. Though, most people go with the smaller ones for sound containment, which obviously is not an issue with yours being in the attic. With your screen size, three max, but I think two would look better. Funny you should mention the number of cans because I was thinking three would have looked better than my two .

Oh sure, way to rub it in Queen...that your screen is so much bigger than mine. J/K of course; I've come to terms with my 96" screen, and I just dream about v2.0.

So when you say the smaller cans, would that be 3" or 4" IYO?

CD

post #191 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post

Here's another vote for smaller cans (never thought I would ever say that ). You'll be pleasantly surprise by how much light a 3" can will deliver.

Ah, sorry ED; I asked Queen 3" or 4" before I got your post. So (2) 3" cans should be fine for that 8' wall? Cool, sounds easy, and therefore less expensive for the Electrician.

CD

post #192 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

Oh sure, way to rub it in Queen...that your screen is so much bigger than mine. J/K of course; I've come to terms with my 96" screen, and I just dream about v2.0.

So when you say the smaller cans, would that be 3" or 4" IYO?

CD

Oh, the kids like the two cans anyway . They say it reminds them of Wall-E eyes when they shine on the screen. I just measured mine. I'm not sure what the standard is for measuring but the can opening is 3 1/2" (not including the circular bracket) and the actual light is only 2 1/2". When you say bright enough, I'm uncertain of what you're trying to see besides the screen (unless you're trying to access some equipment over there). Typically, you don't have a really bright theater. After all, this is your man cave .
post #193 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah, sorry ED; I asked Queen 3" or 4" before I got your post. So (2) 3" cans should be fine for that 8' wall? Cool, sounds easy, and therefore less expensive for the Electrician.

CD, I have two 3" cans on a 14' wall. I have three cans on my screen wall which is about 16'. Way more than enough light. I'm using 60W bulbs.

I'm using these cans. However, I need short cans to fit in my light tray. If you're are going into the ceiling, you can use much more standard can lights (like you see at Home Depot).
post #194 of 2184 Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendvd2 View Post

Oh, the kids like the two cans anyway . They say it reminds them of Wall-E eyes when they shine on the screen. I just measured mine. I'm not sure what the standard is for measuring but the can opening is 3 1/2" (not including the circular bracket) and the actual light is only 2 1/2". When you say bright enough, I'm uncertain of what you're trying to see besides the screen (unless you're trying to access some equipment over there). Typically, you don't have a really bright theater. After all, this is your man cave .

Yeah Queen, you're right...bright, or bright enough isn't the right way to put it. I have just seen some mention that they didn't get the right size light, or position them in the right way...whatever...to get that nice screen splash. I don't see how you're suppose to know how the splash will fall until the lights are in, and by then isn't it too late?

So I'm pretty sure it's going to be just (2) 3". Now I guess I just need to decide on fixed light, or the kind that swivel back towards the screen. I'll check a few screen-walls that I like, and see if they give any detail about the cans they used and see how their splash is.

Now all that's left is figuring out the dimmers, but I'll save that for a separate post.

CD

post #195 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I give a lot of others advice about looking at the Show Me threads, but sometimes I don't really look closely enough myself. So, I dove into the Screen Walls thread, to try and get a better idea of what I want to do with my own screen-wall lighting. I really like the overlapping splash look of these screen-walls...so I guess that means 3 cans instead of just 2. They look like small lights though, so I'm going to assume they're 3" cans.

I also came across these pics, which give me some ideas for recessed lighting in the back of the room as well; to do lighting towards the outside edge, of the flat part of my ceiling (I know someone suggested this earlier, but I just needed to see it to realize I liked it...lol). Those cans look a little bigger, but not as big as 5"...so I would guess 4" (or because my flat strip of ceiling is so narrow, should I consider even 3" cans there as well?).

I'm thinking 6 lights total on the ceiling, like in the middle pic, 4 in front of the PJ and 2 behind. That's 9 cans total for the room; sounds like I'm going to be shelling out the $$$ to the Electrician. Hope I have enough left for a screen.

By the way, since I was browsing through the Screen Walls thread...looking in particular at the way people achieved a nice screen-splash...I'd just like to point out that Art's screen has a beautiful splash...even in a 1.33 mask. What a freak!

CD

post #196 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

CD,

Nine will be more than enough and I again vote for 3" cans. I'm not sure how your setting this up, but if the 2 behind the projector can be on a different circuit than the 4 in front, I think you'll find that mode useful. I do and use it for when people are in the room. Maybe when watching a game (superbowl) instead of movie.

Same thing with the lights over the screen. Different circuit than the other 6. So I guess I'm suggesting 3 circuits/dimmers. One for the screen, one for back 2, one for middle 4.

Just a thought.
post #197 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CD,

Nine will be more than enough and I again vote for 3" cans. I'm not sure how your setting this up, but if the 2 behind the projector can be on a different circuit than the 4 in front, I think you'll find that mode useful. I do and use it for when people are in the room. Maybe when watching a game (superbowl) instead of movie.

Same thing with the lights over the screen. Different circuit than the other 6. So I guess I'm suggesting 3 circuits/dimmers. One for the screen, one for back 2, one for middle 4.

Just a thought.

Exactly what I'm hoping to do Ed! So I guess the timing is as good as any to ask about dimmers and zone control.

So here's what I'd like to do; a total of 4 zones, the 3 Ed mentioned, Front, Back, Screen...and 1 zone for the light in the Stairs. I, of course, want to be able to control them independently by remote, but I don't necessarily need 4 switches; I'd be OK, if when I walk in the door, 1 switch turned on everything, but then once I'm in my captain's chair, to control the ligting by remote. Can I do that?

Before anyone even utters GE, have I mentioned that I'm starting to run out of money?? That's why I'd love to just put my zones on 1 switch, but be able to get a remote that would control them in zones...when that time comes. Am I asking for the moon? Oh, and one other thing...where the switch would be, is out of line-out-sight from the HT. Help??

CD

post #198 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

CD,

I know you're out of money, but my lights are on a GE 3106. Works great. I got mine off ebay for a greatly reduced price. They're hard to find there though. Here's the best place on-line I could find for GE stuff. Given you have four zones, you could

Ok, so what are your alternatives? The super cheap start slow idea is to use four dimmer switches for now. No IR control. You make sure the electrician puts the four dimmers into a 4 gang box so that in the future you can swap out the dimmers for a GE.

Another option I never read up on was using X10 switches. Also, lutron makes another line called the Maestro line. Much cheaper. I think Bud (chinadog) used the X10 stuff in his HT.

WRT your IR question, that's a good one. Some of these switches can support RF modes (Insteon maybe?). That would solve the problem, but you'd have to get a remote that is RF and supports those lights. My GE is actually in a closet outside of my HT. But my IR distribution goes into that closet, so I can run a blaster over to the GE. If you can't get an IR blaster to the spot your switches are at, then a GE wouldn't be a good idea (no RF support). How far out of sight are we talking about? Can you get a cat5 cable from the screen wall to somewhere near the switches?

Hmm, not sure I answered any questions.
post #199 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

CD,

Here's Bud's light plan using IR and X10 system. He called it "the poor man's Lutron GE".
post #200 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CD,

I know you're out of money, but my lights are on a GE 3106. Works great. I got mine off ebay for a greatly reduced price. They're hard to find there though. Here's the best place on-line I could find for GE stuff. Given you have four zones, you could

Ok, so what are your alternatives? The super cheap start slow idea is to use four dimmer switches for now. No IR control. You make sure the electrician puts the four dimmers into a 4 gang box so that in the future you can swap out the dimmers for a GE.

Another option I never read up on was using X10 switches. Also, lutron makes another line called the Maestro line. Much cheaper. I think Bud (chinadog) used the X10 stuff in his HT.

WRT your IR question, that's a good one. Some of these switches can support RF modes (Insteon maybe?). That would solve the problem, but you'd have to get a remote that is RF and supports those lights. My GE is actually in a closet outside of my HT. But my IR distribution goes into that closet, so I can run a blaster over to the GE. If you can't get an IR blaster to the spot your switches are at, then a GE wouldn't be a good idea (no RF support). How far out of sight are we talking about? Can you get a cat5 cable from the screen wall to somewhere near the switches?

Hmm, not sure I answered any questions.

See Ed, and others, remember I am in what I consider a unique position; my build is a walk-up Attic. I ascend to the room...lol...and you come into the room without any sort of wall or structure or anything around you (in pic 2, or most of my screen-wall shots, you'll see the top of the stairs in the floor right in front of the screen-wall). My point is I won't ever walk into the room and want to "set the scene" with the dimmers; this is the lowly bottom of the stairs, where my switch is now. All I ever need to do at the bottom of the stairs is turn things on. Now, like I said before, once I'm upstairs, I want to be able to use the remote to control zones...and especially to turn just the stair light on for those who might need to descend during the movie...lol.

So it's not just that I'm running slim on funds, as the end of phase I nears, but I just feel like a Graphic Eye would be a waste for me...as I don't need any of the "at the panel" controls. What I'd love is something like this, where Day, Dusk, Night, and Clean...instead of being scenes, would just be On/Off for my 4 zones. I could even go for something like this, except maybe a 2-gang, and with these kinds of double-zone switches on it. But I know none of these are IR, much less RF for my out-of-sight need.

I had always planned to get like a URC-brand remote to work with Lutron switches, but I swear the Lutron website tells you nothing about the functionality of its products; it's like "here's a picture...now call your custom installer". And I plan to talk to my Electrician, but I don't think the guy has done a lot of HT work, so I'm not sure how helpful he'll be. I guess just future-proof myself by having him wire it to be 4 separate zones, and I may not have but 1 zone of lights until I can get it figured out.

CD

post #201 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hmmm...a little 'Net searchin' and I came across this; Leviton ViziaRF+ series. Turns 4 zones on and off, just like I want...1-gang switch...and it's Z-wave compatiable, so I know there are remotes out there that will work with it. And, it's not too hard on the 'ole HT wallet. For now, this seems like the one to beat. Please, someone feel free to school me on this switch; have I found just what I need, or to the contrary...here's why it won't do what I think it does.

CD

EDIT- Crap, this is just a scene-controller too, isn't it; it controls dimmers, but doesn't actually turn the zones on and off? Is there a 1-gang switch that'll just turn 4 zones on and off?

post #202 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

And what's this thing, the switch in the middle. All of these things look like what I want, but they don't do what I want. I guess I need to ask an Electrician?

CD

post #203 of 2184 Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

CD,

I get it better now. I really wasn't trying to push the GE or make lite of the cost of a GE. I too feel the GE has been overkill for my scenario.

I get the need for a switch way the bottom of the steps. But that could just be a "remote" (not IR) switch with another bank of switches upstairs. You're right too, ask the electrician for ideas.

I see lots of people using Z wave lighting on the build threads. Those are RF controlled lighting. However, seems to me you could put some sort of IR controlled system behind your screen wall. Use a IR blaster system to take the IR from somewhere on the screen wall to the device. Just spit balling now.
post #204 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Check e-bay for grafik eye. The grey market prices are a *bit* more bearable. I went with it in the old one, and will do it in the next. It just works, and sometimes that's worth it.
post #205 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, did a little more browsing at the HD/L. Got a little nervous at first, because I started thinking about these big housings and panicked for a short while, because I wasn't sure how my Electrician was going to get this big housing up into the finished ceiling without cutting the heck out of it (not as big an issue for the lights above the screen, as there is still access to inside the bulkhead from behind the screen-wall). Then I quickly saw these (pic 1) and realized they must be for already finished walls, like mine...hence the name remodel housing...so they can cut the hole for the light, and swing the rest of the assembly up through that cut hole?

I also think I'm going to reduce the number of lights in the room to 4 total, (2) 4" in the Back, and (2) 4" in the Front; (3) 3" above the screen. And I think I'm going to ask the Electrician to wire to control these on 4 zones, but to go simple and low-tech at first; a double-gang box and (2) 2-switch switches (that is unless anyone knows of a single-gang, 4-switch switch...I've seen as many as 3 on a single-gang switch, but not 4 yet). I just don't feel like I have a good idea what I want to do as far as dimmers, and remote control, and rather than rush into something, or make a unsuitable compromise, I'll start out with a simple on/off configuration, and I can update the switches and control down the road.

CD

post #206 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim View Post

Check e-bay for grafik eye. The grey market prices are a *bit* more bearable. I went with it in the old one, and will do it in the next. It just works, and sometimes that's worth it.

Yeah, thanks Dave. I know you can find deals on the GE, and after looking at the site Ed sent me, they're not as expensive as I thought (although I realize there's a lot of variance based on how many zones/scenes it'll control). As I said before, I still just think it's overkill for my room. To me, the appeal of the GE is two-fold: there's, of course, the remote control...and there's you walking through the door with your company, you hit a button, and ahhhh...the scene is set before your very eyes. My room just doesn't lend itself to that second part.

Also, I'm building this room knowing we won't likely still be at this house in 5 years; may be moving in more like 2 (if this market turns around that fast). I mean, I'm trying to build an enjoyable room and not think of it like "well, this isn't going to be the good room, so let's skimp on this, and skimp on that"...but the room has been a compromise of sorts, just based on its location, size, and shape, from the start. So I'm just hesitant to go the GE route, if I feel like it's overkill for my needs. V2.0...v2.0

CD

post #207 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 74
CD,

Another 3 zone remote controlled dimmer idea for you:

Although I do not remember the ebay seller i bought from > I did obtain and and have been using a 3-pak of these. I paid ~100.00 and they have been installed and working fine for me.

Ebay, Item number: 370064291766

(or you can search in ebay, home and garden, using the following identifier GL320

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #208 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 74
CD,

And a link >> Note: I have no affiliation with this ebayer, just sharing a lead that worked for me.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fa/23/9647_2.JPG

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #209 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2 View Post

CD,

And a link >> Note: I have no affiliation with this ebayer, just sharing a lead that worked for me.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/fa/23/9647_2.JPG

Thanks Craig. Did you ever get these working with your Universal, or do you just use the supplied remote?

CD

post #210 of 2184 Old 03-25-2009, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, I'm in a tough position here: I'm not really prepared to figure out my whole lighting, switching, remote situation. I feel like I've got bigger fish to fry with Paint, Lin, and Fabric. However, the Electrician is coming 3/30, so I guess I have to tell him where I want the freakin' wires to go!

If you've been following my struggle, you know it revolves around the placement of lighting control, as I need to turn lights on from the bottom of my stairs, but then control them from up in the room. So I guess I need to choose a location in the room for a Controller switch?

Here are the candidates; this is the widest-angle shot I have of the room. Position 1 is on the left-side knee wall at the top of the stairs, followed by a current pic of Position 1. Position 2 is the top part of the stairwell, that is still visible from the room. The advantage of this position is its proximity to the existing switch and the switch I'll need at the bottom of the stairs to turn everything on (that's a question)? And a current pic of Position 2, followed by the stairwell, to show its proximity.

Position 3 is on the right-side knee wall, in front of the stairwell. I guess I like this one best because of the 3, it is the one most in the room; and as opposed to number 1, I can get to it by hand without crossing the screen (if that's of any importance...and as opposed to number 2, which I can't get to by hand at all).

I don't know if I have a question here; the question probably follows when I decide where to put the Controller. I don't know if I'm supposed to have the Electrician wire everything to the bottom of the stairwell, and then use a Controller in the room to control it...or if he should wire the new 3 zones to the Controller location in the room?

CD

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page