Soon to be released 3d Projectors? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2010, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was considering upgrading from my Sanyo Z4 to the Panny 4000 recently. I opted to get another bulb for now because if this 3D thing is going to be worth while, I'd like to have an up to date model. Does anyone know if the next Panny to be released will have the 3D technology? How about other PJs? I'd really like to upgrade my PJ this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Google - Google and then Google.

My opinion is projector makers are behind the 3D curve and will be slow to the market compared to TV makers - we already bought a 60 in 3D equipped TV but I don't think consumer affordable PJs will hit the market until 2011.

We're planning to keep on using our Panasonic PJ and as much as we want to upgrade to 3D we realistically think it will be 2011 at the earliest before there will be a lot of consumer 3D HT projectors available.
GoodLuck
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 AM
PLB

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjay View Post

Google - Google and then Google.

My opinion is projector makers are behind the 3D curve and will be slow to the market compared to TV makers - we already bought a 60 in 3D equipped TV but I don't think consumer affordable PJs will hit the market until 2011.

We're planning to keep on using our Panasonic PJ and as much as we want to upgrade to 3D we realistically think it will be 2011 at the earliest before there will be a lot of consumer 3D HT projectors available.
GoodLuck

This post is odd. The people at Projector Central have already reviewed a couple 3D projectors. A lot of gamers are already using one (or more) of the many nVidia 3D video cards that support shutter glasses. If you want to be an "early adopter" - act now.

Of course there will be better 3D projectors on the market next year just as my new PC is better than the Altair I had in 1977. BTW I'm planning on using my new PC for 3D projection.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No one outside Panasonic knows when they will be offering 3D capable projectors, but I guarantee they will someday. I'm also confident that someone will be selling HDMI 1.4, 3D capable projectors that will work fine with the Blu-ray spec by the end of this year.

Nobody is sure that the currently available 3D projectors will work with any upcoming Blu-ray movies, and nobody knows when the studios will actually release 3D versions of their movies. The studios would be smart to hold off, sell all the regular versions they can, & then sell a second wave of "Special Edition" 3D versions about a year later. They will want to sell a lot right on the release of the Blu-Ray, and not for the disc to get shopworn and forgotten while customers gradually accumulate their 3D TV sets.

Waiting will be necessary whether we want to or not.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page