Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

I would write an Email or call these people. They will have all the answers to your questions. As you can see, they have a large selection of RPTV screens:

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/res...tial_main.html

Lee,

good call. I noticed in their flexible rear projection screen list they have on eat the bottom of this list (filmscreen 150) that specifically states it works for "passive" 3D applications, which means polarized light.

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/res...sidential.html

1080p and lossless audio. EVERY BD should have them both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 11:16 AM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post

Lee,

good call. I noticed in their flexible rear projection screen list they have on eat the bottom of this list (filmscreen 150) that specifically states it works for "passive" 3D applications, which means polarized light.

The same notation is also on their StarGlas 60

Turls was looking for a RP screen that would work with both polarized light and frame sequential for ASGs. Stewart Filmscreen will be able to answer that. I have done business with them twice and they are the best at what they do. Plus a real nice bunch of people.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Me three.

Me Four. I told myself years ago that I couldn't ever see going to another kind of screen other than the High Power. Not sure what I'll need to do yet to keep using it for 3D purposes, but at this moment I have absolutely no desire to have to use something else.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post

Me Four. I told myself years ago that I couldn't ever see going to another kind of screen other than the High Power. Not sure what I'll need to do yet to keep using it for 3D purposes, but at this moment I have absolutely no desire to have to use something else.

I feel the same way. My hipower has been a revelation showing more picture detail with good 1080p than I see on comparable "textured" angular reflective screens.

Has anyone commented on how the hipower will work with 3D polarized? I know it's not specifically designed for that, but has it been tried? Or has DaLite commented on the issue? I'm hoping that the hipower is secretly a perfect candidate for passive 3D... just being an naive optimist most likely.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:34 PM

3D Front Projection Screen Takes Center Stage in Da-Lite Theater at CEDIA EXPO 2008

http://www.dalite.com/press_releases/index.php?ID=13

3D Virtual Black Rear Screen Projection Fabric Introduced at InfoComm 2008

http://www.dalite.com/press_releases/index.php?ID=35

And they do have a Silver screen:

Silver Matte

Quote:

A uniquely designed screen surface with a specifically designed silver finish. This surface is perfect for situations where a silver surface is necessary for a polarized 3-D projection. The matte finish of this surface successfully rejects ambient light. Screen surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water. Flame retardant and mildew resistant. Viewing Angle: 30° Gain: 1.5

EDIT:

I sent Da-Lite an inquiry about using the High Power for a 3D front projection polarized light application. Will post if and when I get a reply.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I'll be pleased, but very surprised, if the HP works with polarized 3D, because of how it "collects" and redirects light. Hard to believe it could maintain polarization. I'm hoping that I can use 3D shutter glasses with it. Based on how well the Panasonic shutter glasses work with their new plasma 3D display, I'm hopeful that ghosting will not be a problem. Again, what makes the HP so great is the high gain (2.8). That should help make up for the light loss from shutter glasses.

Joe Clark

Old 03-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

I'll be pleased, but very surprised, if the HP works with polarized 3D, because of how it "collects" and redirects light. Hard to believe it could maintain polarization. I'm hoping that I can use 3D shutter glasses with it. Based on how well the Panasonic shutter glasses work with their new plasma 3D display, I'm hopeful that ghosting will not be a problem. Again, what makes the HP so great is the high gain (2.8). That should help make up for the light loss from shutter glasses.

I was very surprised to see that the Silver Matte only has a gain of 1.5. The StewartFilmscreen Silver 3D has a gain of 2.8

This is something very important in 3D screens when using polarized light.

"In order to produce a high ratio of extinction"

IMAX mentioned it in their Email to me:

"Thank you for your email to info@imax.com. IMAX uses linear polarization, as it presently offers better extinction than circular"
Old 03-28-2010, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any screen that looks good in 2D will work great for shutter glasses since it's basically just an alternating 2D image. Polarized, as you say, is tricky as most screen materials (likely including the hipower) redirect light in ways that don't preserve the polarization.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Any screen that looks good in 2D will work great for shutter glasses since it's basically just an alternating 2D image. Polarized, as you say, is tricky as most screen materials (likely including the hipower) redirect light in ways that don't preserve the polarization.

I know I'll be able to use shutter glasses with the HP, if I can find a projector I like that uses shutter technology. That's the problem. If the projector I really like uses polarization, I may have to rethink the setup of my home theater room. Or, I may just relegate 3D to a bedroom system until a shutter glass projector comes along. I almost think that would be the best solution until a lot more content becomes available. I could get pretty close, and a 65" plasma might make for an even more vibrant 3D experience than front projection. I have Energy RC-10 speakers in my bedroom, so I'd still have a good 5.1 sound system in that room.

The rich contrast and tremendous sense of depth of the Panasonic plasmas have me salivating. I can't wait to see what the Samsung plasmas look like.

Joe Clark

Old 03-28-2010, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know I'll be able to use shutter glasses with the HP, if I can find a projector I like that uses shutter technology. That's the problem. If the projector I really like uses polarization, I may have to rethink the setup of my home theater room. Or, I may just relegate 3D to a bedroom system until a shutter glass projector comes along. I almost think that would be the best solution until a lot more content becomes available. I could get pretty close, and a 65" plasma might make for an even more vibrant 3D experience than front projection. I have Energy RC-10 speakers in my bedroom, so I'd still have a good 5.1 sound system in that room.

The rich contrast and tremendous sense of depth of the Panasonic plasmas have been salivating. I can't wait to see what the Samsung plasmas look like.

Some of these new non-silver 3D screens we're reading about are flexible, meaning they probably could be afixed to a motorized drop-down mechanism so you/me could keep our hipower for 2D and then drop the 3D screen for 3D. Yes, it adds to the cost, but it could also deliver an incredible 3D picture depending on the quality of the passive PJs that come out of CEDIA.

I think it makes sense now not to worry and just watch and wait... who knows, maybe we'll see active shutter LCOS. How? Easy: you could take any dual-light-engine PJ and place active-shutter mechanics (via LCD or wheel) in front of each light engine so they could stay on internally constantly, but be blocked in alternating sequence to time with active eyewear. So using such an approach even LCOS could do active-shutter. I could even see a manufacturer of a dual-light-engine 3D PJ offering a choice between active or passive since such a device would sit down-stream in the optics and likely be able to be interchanged... sort of like long or short lens throw options.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Some of these new non-silver 3D screens we're reading about are flexible, meaning they probably could be afixed to a motorized drop-down mechanism so you/me could keep our hipower for 2D and then drop the 3D screen for 3D. Yes, it adds to the cost, but it could also deliver an incredible 3D picture depending on the quality of the passive PJs that come out of CEDIA.

I think it makes sense now not to worry and just watch and wait... who knows, maybe we'll see active shutter LCOS. How? Easy: you could take any dual-light-engine PJ and place active-shutter mechanics (via LCD or wheel) in front of each light engine so they could stay on internally constantly, but be blocked in alternating sequence to time with active eyewear. So using such an approach even LCOS could do active-shutter. I could even see a manufacturer of a dual-light-engine 3D PJ offering a choice between active or passive since such a device would sit down-stream in the optics and likely be able to be interchanged... sort of like long or short lens throw options.

How would that work when you change from 3D mode to 2D mode?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How would that work when you change from 3D mode to 2D mode?

it would depend on the design. I would imagine to keep the sharpest image you'd want just one light engine projected on the screen for 2D... so maybe a way to toggle from one to the other every so often to keep them "aged" the same? If there's only one bulb light source, it wouldn't matter so much anyway.

This issue of how to do 2D from a dual-light-engine 3D machine is pretty much the same whether it uses passive or active 3D architecture... it's it's got dual light engines, the 2D projection could have a number of approaches.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

The same notation is also on their StarGlas 60

Well of course I looked at StarGlas when I started getting serious about this months ago so I'm glad you brought that up. Is that my excuse to invest in it?

Matt
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

I know I'll be able to use shutter glasses with the HP, if I can find a projector I like that uses shutter technology. That's the problem. If the projector I really like uses polarization, I may have to rethink the setup of my home theater room. Or, I may just relegate 3D to a bedroom system until a shutter glass projector comes along. I almost think that would be the best solution until a lot more content becomes available.

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. Of the 4 items on my 3D checklist I want to do, I know my existing living room Sammy HL61A750 and NVidia 3D Vision setup can/will do 2 of them--gaming and BD. I am hopeful that I will be able to get DirecTV 3D with the Mits add-on box--not that there will be a lot of content, but there will be some 'not-to-be-missed' stuff like maybe the MLB All-Star game. I don't know that I will go polarized when there is bound to be a great active shutter PJ solution down the road. For that matter, I have a real hard time investing a bunch of dollars in any more bulb and color wheel tech after moving to LED on the DLP. I believe what I'm hearing in that most PJs will be LED in a few years.

I think in your previous posts you haven't been thrilled with what you've seen so far with ghosting etc. with shutter glasses, but if the lighting is right in my living room (after dark), the 3D Vision solution is great.

Matt
Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. Of the 4 items on my 3D checklist I want to do, I know my existing living room Sammy HL61A750 and NVidia 3D Vision setup can/will do 2 of them--gaming and BD. I am hopeful that I will be able to get DirecTV 3D with the Mits add-on box--not that there will be a lot of content, but there will be some 'not-to-be-missed' stuff like maybe the MLB All-Star game. I don't know that I will go polarized when there is bound to be a great active shutter PJ solution down the road. For that matter, I have a real hard time investing a bunch of dollars in any more bulb and color wheel tech after moving to LED on the DLP. I believe what I'm hearing in that most PJs will be LED in a few years.

I think in your previous posts you haven't been thrilled with what you've seen so far with ghosting etc. with shutter glasses, but if the lighting is right in my living room (after dark), the 3D Vision solution is great.

LED holds a lot of promise for 3D. The big issue there, of course, is brightness. They can achieve adequate brightness on a small FP screen, but once you go large (and bigger is so much better with 3D ) and take away even more brightness with shutter glasses, it doesn't work, at least not right now.

Laser tech (such as the HDI solution) may be the answer. They say their tech could be adapted to front projection easily. I doubt, though, that shutter glasses could operate fast enough to match the incredible 1080fps frame rate. Does anyone know the fastest that LCD shutters can be made to open and close? Polarization is probably the only practical way for HDI laser tech to create 3D. Even it doesn't eliminate ghosting completely, according to reports I've read.

Joe Clark

Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LED holds a lot of promise for 3D. The big issue there, of course, is brightness. They can achieve adequate brightness on a small FP screen, but once you go large (and bigger is so much better with 3D ) and take away even more brightness with shutter glasses, it doesn't work, at least not right now.

Laser tech (such as the HDI solution) may be the answer. They say their tech could be adapted to front projection easily. I doubt, though, that shutter glasses could operate fast enough to match the incredible 1080fps frame rate. Does anyone know the fastest that LCD shutters can be made to open and close? Polarization is probably the only practical way for HDI laser tech to create 3D. Even it doesn't eliminate ghosting completely, according to reports I've read.

You don't need the active LCD shutter glasses to opperate as fast as the laser scans. You just need it to opperate fast enough to match the complete left/right image alternating pattern. A laser PJ, for all its scanning speed, could still be configured to produce an effective 240Hz complete-frame cycle even if it's just painting the same frame over and over an incredibly fast speed to produce an effective 240Hz so you could do 120Hz per eye back/forth.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM
sb1
AVS Special Member

I know I'm going to get lashed with the Search Whip for this, but....

Has there been much discussion on off-axis viewing for 3D? My room is kind of "C" shaped around the screen with the viewers on the sides sitting at a pretty good angle to the screen. Will that hinder the effectiveness of the 3D?

Stephen.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Has there been much discussion on off-axis viewing for 3D? My room is kind of "C" shaped around the screen with the viewers on the sides sitting at a pretty good angle to the screen. Will that hinder the effectiveness of the 3D?

According to StewartFilmscreen - using a Silver 3D screen - yes - brightness drops off drastically:

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/res...ance_chart.pdf
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Not with plasma panels. Almost certainly with LCD panels. If you're talking about projection (such as using a front projector with the HP screen), you have to be concerned with the HP's viewing cone. Outside the cone, gain drops rapidly.

Joe Clark

Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 AM

Got a response from Da-lite on the use of a High Power screen for a 3D polarized application:

Lee,
Thank you for the e-mail. Our High Power surface should not be used for Passive 3D applications. It is not designed to retain the polarization for either circular or linear passive 3D. The surface could probably be used for active 3D, but it has never been tested. If you need a dedicated passive 3D front projection surface you will want to use our 3D Virtual Grey material. This is specifically designed to retain the polarized light. If you have any questions please let me know.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

According to StewartFilmscreen - using a Silver 3D screen - yes - brightness drops off drastically:

http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/res...ance_chart.pdf

Yes, but that's not regarding the issue of stereoscopic perception so much as the issue of that particular screen material and brightness.

If someone had an active-shutter 3D system stewart's 3D silver off-axis brightness is a moot issue.

I think that real question was regarding the general concept of off-axis viewing and how it might affect the effectiveness of the 3D perception regardless of active or passive 3D. For instance, even when brightness issues are not a problem, turning your head sideways hurts the 3D illusion and can give you a headache even using active eyewear and Plamsa... that's because turning 90 degrees begins to force the brain to overwork because the stereoscopic differential between the two images reveals the left-right angle difference... not the vertical difference, and so you brain begins to strain to keep the 3D image in tact.

Moving far off-axis starts to produce similar difficulty to maintain a comfortable 3D illusion, and even if it's still visible, your brain has to work harder and harder as you drive far off center from the image.

I'd say that once you start to move seriously off-axis the 3D illusion gets harder to process. That's why I always sit in the *center* of the theater if possible for IMAX and Real3D movies. I find that even being off to the side in a theater where you're still within the scope of the screen gets awkward with 3D... Of course, it's awkward for 2D as well, so 3D is just amplifying a non-optimal viewing experience to begin with.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got a response from Da-lite on the use of a High Power screen for a 3D polarized application:

Lee,
Thank you for the e-mail. Our High Power surface should not be used for Passive 3D applications. It is not designed to retain the polarization for either circular or linear passive 3D. The surface could probably be used for active 3D, but it has never been tested. If you need a dedicated passive 3D front projection surface you will want to use our 3D Virtual Grey material. This is specifically designed to retain the polarized light. If you have any questions please let me know.

thanks for getting that answered! Oh well... looks like another drop-down screen for me if I go polarized...

Old 03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You don't need the active LCD shutter glasses to opperate as fast as the laser scans. You just need it to opperate fast enough to match the complete left/right image alternating pattern. A laser PJ, for all its scanning speed, could still be configured to produce an effective 240Hz complete-frame cycle even if it's just painting the same frame over and over an incredibly fast speed to produce an effective 240Hz so you could do 120Hz per eye back/forth.

Yeah, it's probably just a matter of timing it correctly. Since HDI's tech is frame sequential RGB color, though, it would need to do a complete RGB sequence for one eye, switch to the other eye and repeat. With the right timing, it should be possible to get a rainbow-free shutter glasses system to work with their lasers. They seem ideologically opposed to shutter glasses, but they probably wouldn't fight too hard if they saw that the demand was high.

Joe Clark

Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, it's probably just a matter of timing it correctly. Since HDI's tech is frame sequential RGB color, though, it would need to do a complete RGB sequence for one eye, switch to the other eye and repeat. With the right timing, it should be possible to get a rainbow-free shutter glasses system to work with their lasers. They seem ideologically opposed to shutter glasses, but they probably wouldn't fight too hard if they saw that the demand was high.

most projection architecture could be adapted to either active or polarized, and I hope that we see some manufacturers that actually provide both options. technologies that wouldn't seem at first suitable to active because of latency could overcome that by just going dual-engine, and any dual-engine design could certainly be used both ways, and even some single-engine could be used both ways. For instance, Real3D projectors in movie theaters actually *alternate* left/right as they use a single light engine that flashes left/right/left/right with a different polarized filter alternating as well... so can be used passively with polarized filters, but one could jsut as easily use *blanking* in the projector rather than polarized filters and then use active eyewear (i'm not sure if Real3D PJs offer that option so easily, what I mean is that in terms of design it would be possible because you already have a left/right sequencing anyway).

Since front projection relies on fancy screen material to make passive 3D work properly, there may be some situtations that are compelling for active 3D, and others that are compelling for passive. A PJ manufacturers who's forward-thinking would try to take advantage of both environment types and produce displays that can be configured/ordered/built to either solution strategy.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:21 AM
sb1
AVS Special Member

This is going to prove to be an expensive upgrade.

Stephen.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:

Yes, but that's not regarding the issue of stereoscopic perception so much as the issue of that particular screen material and brightness.

That is indicative of silver screens in general. They are designed to direct the light back to the source.

Quote:

If someone had an active-shutter 3D system stewart's 3D silver off-axis brightness is a moot issue.

Right - you wouldn't use a silver screen for that application. Not needed or desired.

Quote:

I think that real question was regarding the general concept of off-axis viewing and how it might affect the effectiveness of the 3D perception regardless of active or passive 3D. For instance, even when brightness issues are not a problem, turning your head sideways hurts the 3D illusion and can give you a headache even using active eyewear and Plamsa... that's because turning 90 degrees begins to force the brain to overwork because the stereoscopic differential between the two images reveals the left-right angle difference... not the vertical difference, and so you brain begins to strain to keep the 3D image in tact.

Off axis viewing will be more forgiving with active shutter glasses versus passive polarized glasses simply because of the use of a silver screen and it's functions

Quote:

Moving far off-axis starts to produce similar difficulty to maintain a comfortable 3D illusion, and even if it's still visible, your brain has to work harder and harder as you drive far off center from the image.

I'd say that once you start to move seriously off-axis the 3D illusion gets harder to process. That's why I always sit in the *center* of the theater if possible for IMAX and Real3D movies. I find that even being off to the side in a theater where you're still within the scope of the screen gets awkward with 3D... Of course, it's awkward for 2D as well, so 3D is just amplifying a non-optimal viewing experience to begin with.

Both of those 3D presenation processes use polarization (for the most part - some IMAX 3D theaters still use ASGs). IMAX uses Linear while RealD uses Circular. IMAX claims Linear is better but requires little to no head movement.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Both of those 3D presenation processes use polarization (for the most part - some IMAX 3D theaters still use ASGs). IMAX uses Linear while RealD uses Circular. IMAX claims Linear is better but requires little to no head movement.

I realize that. I would assume you know that I do since I've posted about the particulars of IMAX/Real3D polarization countless times.

My point was that even when viewing from the inside the screen area of IMAX or Real3D where brightness is still fine and ghosting is not problematic, being off to the side causes the 3D effect to get a little strange because the left/right differential your eyes are seeing doesn't match up with what your brain expects them to see from that angle.

Since the illusion of 3D is based on the angle-differential of the two "eyes" of a camera that was centered in relationship to the image, as you move away from that center "camera location" the left/right differential that the camera "saw" start to get more and more disassociated with what your brain is expecting your own eyes to see. So the most comfortable 3D illusion will be with your head in the same position as the camera, and it will gradually put a cognitive strain as you move farther and farther away from that point.

That principle applies with 2-channel stereoscopic images regardless of 3D display technology (active/passive).

Note: I'm not saying that 3D won't work for people off to the edge of the screen or off axis. What I'm saying is that similar to the audio image from a 2.0 or 5.1 speaker array, the "sweet spot" for 3D is in the center where it's optimzied to be balanced, and as you move farther away from that point it makes your brain work harder to keep the illusion.

Quote:

Off axis viewing will be more forgiving with active shutter glasses versus passive polarized glasses simply because of the use of a silver screen and it's functions

That is true. However, the basic priniples I describe above still apply.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:

I realize that. I would assume you know that I do since I've posted about the particulars of IMAX/Real3D polarization countless times.

Oh - I know you do, but you continue to talk about 3D viewing off axis and keep combining Active and Passive as if they are the same which they aren't. IMO - you just can't isolate one item of 3D presentation like the parallax, depth issue. Image brightness has to be included. The glasses are blocking most of the light as it is.

And comparing commerical theater 3D to home 3D can also differ based on your relationship to the screen and your angle of off axis. At home, your off axis angle can be much greater than in a theater.

Quote:

My point was that even when viewing from the inside the screen area of IMAX or Real3D where brightness is still fine and ghosting is not problematic, being off to the side causes the 3D effect to get a little strange because the left/right differential your eyes are seeing doesn't match up with what your brain expects them to see from that angle.

But the brightness isn't fine - not sitting off axis - say to the extreme left or right. And yes the 3D will look different to someone sitting way off axis versus someone sitting in the screen center position. Been that way for over 50 years.

Quote:

Since the illusion of 3D is based on the angle-differential of the two "eyes" of a camera that was centered in relationship to the image, as you move away from that center "camera location" the left/right differential that the camera "saw" start to get more and more disassociated with what your brain is expecting your own eyes to see. So the most comfortable 3D illusion will be with your head in the same position as the camera, and it will gradually put a cognitive strain as you move farther and farther away from that point.

That principle applies with 2-channel stereoscopic images regardless of 3D display technology (active/passive).

Again - been that way for over 50 years. Nothing new here.

Quote:

Note: I'm not saying that 3D won't work for people off to the edge of the screen or off axis. What I'm saying is that similar to the audio image from a 2.0 or 5.1 speaker array, the "sweet spot" for 3D is in the center where it's optimzied to be balanced, and as you move farther away from that point it makes your brain work harder to keep the illusion.

It may work, but at what cost to a person's comfort and enjoyment level?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh - I know you do, but you continue to talk about 3D viewing off axis and keep combining Active and Passive as if they are the same which they aren't. IMO - you just can't isolate one item of 3D presentation like the parallax, depth issue. Image brightness has to be included. The glasses are blocking most of the light as it is.

And comparing commerical theater 3D to home 3D can also differ based on your relationship to the screen and your angle of off axis. At home, your off axis angle can be much greater than in a theater.

But the brightness isn't fine - not sitting off axis - say to the extreme left or right. And yes the 3D will look different to someone sitting way off axis versus someone sitting in the screen center position. Been that way for over 50 years.

Again - been that way for over 50 years. Nothing new here.

It may work, but at what cost to a person's comfort and enjoyment level?

Lee,

even when you agree you manage to disagree.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

^ Damn. Now I wish I hadn't asked about off-axis viewing.

I guess it's just too early to tell either way - Just a few posts up and we didn't even know for sure what screen we could use or not. Speaking of which, I still want to see for myself that the HP material won't work, and that the statement from Dalite isn't just them marketing their new screens. I'm sure they're right, but I want to know for sure.

Stephen.