Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 252 Old 06-28-2013, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hi Markus,

Nive to see you here too (I m also a D-Box owner and I am from the Netherlands. I come to Germany very often because I have lots of contact with www.winnings.de and come there a lot).

Yesterday I spoke with Infitec and they told me that they are doing testings at the moment with a dual-stack JVC setup. They told me a new product for this will come out very soon. I ve also asked then if I can beta test this kit for them. Maybe we can talk to Infitec together because both of us use JVC.

They told me that the JVC stack solutiuon looks promising and that no ($$$$$$$) color decoder is needed and that the colors will be near perfect.

Also, look at this (translated from German to English):
http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cine4home.de%2Finstallationen%2FJVC_Infitec_3D%2FJVC_X35_3D_Infitec.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 252 Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

Hi Markus,

Nive to see you here too (I m also a D-Box owner and I am from the Netherlands. I come to Germany very often because I have lots of contact with www.winnings.de and come there a lot).

Yesterday I spoke with Infitec and they told me that they are doing testings at the moment with a dual-stack JVC setup. They told me a new product for this will come out very soon. I ve also asked then if I can beta test this kit for them. Maybe we can talk to Infitec together because both of us use JVC.

They told me that the JVC stack solutiuon looks promising and that no ($$$$$$$) color decoder is needed and that the colors will be near perfect.

Also, look at this (translated from German to English):
http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cine4home.de%2Finstallationen%2FJVC_Infitec_3D%2FJVC_X35_3D_Infitec.htm

hi Sander,

the new Infitec filters are certainly superior to the original ones (Dolby). I think they also go by the name EX. On the other hand, a big plus of the Dolby solution is the availability of low priced glasses. For the 3-4 band technology, their guess at the HighEnd trade show was a price of around 100 EUR for a pair of glasses...

Which JVC projector(s) do you use? i was wondering, whether the filter could be integrated into the automated lens protection. This way, the filter could be put in and out of the light path via motor...

Cheers!

Markus
post #243 of 252 Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv038856 View Post

hi Sander,

the new Infitec filters are certainly superior to the original ones (Dolby). I think they also go by the name EX. On the other hand, a big plus of the Dolby solution is the availability of low priced glasses. For the 3-4 band technology, their guess at the HighEnd trade show was a price of around 100 EUR for a pair of glasses...

Which JVC projector(s) do you use? i was wondering, whether the filter could be integrated into the automated lens protection. This way, the filter could be put in and out of the light path via motor...

Cheers!

Markus
Hi there Markus. I don t mind if the glasses cost € 100,00 for a pair. Heck, even if they are € 100,00 a piece I do not mind. I only need two glasses and you only buy them ons time and you are good to go smile.gif

At this moment I have a JVC X35 (RS46) which does not have the automatic lens cover anymore. But I think (and hope) that Infitec is making a filter that will fit perfectly on the JVC RS40/RS45/RS46 series because they told me they are making a solution for the new JVC projectors.

If the filters will work perfect on the JVC porjectors it might also be intersting to ask Infitec to make custom made filters for a Sony HW50 stack. This projector has been sold a lot in the Netherlands and Germany and the benefit will be that the light output of a dual stack HW50 will be much higher then a dual stack JVC while still having the benefit of the LCOS panels in the HW50 (like the JVC). I thoughrougly tested the JVC X35 and Sony HW50. The contrast of the JVC X35 is better then the HW50 black level but the HW50s black levels comes VERY very close to that of the JVC. Also, you could run a HW50 dual stack in high lamp mode and the fans will not make a lot of noise. The noise of the new JVC series in high lamp mode is not acceptable (read the new JVC threads) let alone a dual JVC stack in high lamp mode. The motion of a dual stack HW50 will also be better.

I will ask Infitec but I did not get a response on my previous emails yet. Maybe you could also send them a mail?

Where are you located in Germany?
post #244 of 252 Old 07-01-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:

Hi there Markus. I don t mind if the glasses cost € 100,00 for a pair. Heck, even if they are € 100,00 a piece I do not mind. I only need two glasses and you only buy them ons time and you are good to go smile.gif

At this moment I have a JVC X35 (RS46) which does not have the automatic lens cover anymore. But I think (and hope) that Infitec is making a filter that will fit perfectly on the JVC RS40/RS45/RS46 series because they told me they are making a solution for the new JVC projectors.

If the filters will work perfect on the JVC porjectors it might also be intersting to ask Infitec to make custom made filters for a Sony HW50 stack. This projector has been sold a lot in the Netherlands and Germany and the benefit will be that the light output of a dual stack HW50 will be much higher then a dual stack JVC while still having the benefit of the LCOS panels in the HW50 (like the JVC). I thoughrougly tested the JVC X35 and Sony HW50. The contrast of the JVC X35 is better then the HW50 black level but the HW50s black levels comes VERY very close to that of the JVC. Also, you could run a HW50 dual stack in high lamp mode and the fans will not make a lot of noise. The noise of the new JVC series in high lamp mode is not acceptable (read the new JVC threads) let alone a dual JVC stack in high lamp mode. The motion of a dual stack HW50 will also be better.

I will ask Infitec but I did not get a response on my previous emails yet. Maybe you could also send them a mail?

Where are you located in Germany?

Hi Sander,

the 100 EUR price was an estimate for each...

For the prototype at the HighEnd trade show, they integrated the filter into the plastic dust cap of the DLA-X/RS projectors that don't have a motorized lens cover. You therefore should be fine with your JVC. The question rather is, how they will be doing it on the JVC projectors with the automated lens cover.

Before I switched to the JVC DLA-RS50, I owned a Sony VPL-VW60 (Black Pearl). Having experienced the JVC, there is no way back to a dynamic iris solution for me... native contrast rules... although I might make an exception for a dual stack of VPL-VW 1000ESes... wink.gif

I am located in Stuttgart, not too far from Ulm (100 km), where Infitec's headquarters are based.

I am, however, not really satisfied with their e-mail response times... I also inquired for their recommended calibration process für the original Infitec/Dolby 3D solution, but didn't get any response so far. It's the same with the designated distributor for Germany. No response, neither on a direct contact attempt, nor when Infitec finally responded und put him CC.
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to just make a visit in Ulm... :-(

Cheers!

Markus
post #245 of 252 Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I have seen the Youtube video with the filters integrated in the lens caps. It looked a little unprofessional/home made to me but why not do it like that if it works.
The last models with automatic lens covers are already 4 years behind us so I don t think that Infitec will make a custom solution for these projectors. I completely agree with you that native contrast rules but you should see (not see wink.gif the iris on the HW50. It works completely invisible and and you cannot hear it. The native contrast of the HW50 is pretty decent and gives good black levels in a total bat cave. The biggest plus of a dual stack HW50 would be the much higher light output compared to a JVC dual stack and the motion handling which is much better on the Sony. I have just send Infitec a new mail so I will wait for a reply on this one.
post #246 of 252 Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:

I have seen the Youtube video with the filters integrated in the lens caps. It looked a little unprofessional/home made to me but why not do it like that if it works.
The last models with automatic lens covers are already 4 years behind us so I don t think that Infitec will make a custom solution for these projectors.

O.k., didn't know they dropped it in the X30/RS45 line... But please don't make my RS50 older than it is... we are only two generations, i.e. two years, further down the road... wink.gif
The system should be able to get the filters into the light path and back out automated... that's at least what I would prefer...

Cheers

Markus
post #247 of 252 Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

And the RS50 is still a VERY good projector. 'Problem' I have is that I looked at a Runco 750d and now I know what REALLY good motion handling is compared to JVC.

Anyway, I ll keep this post updated as soon as I get new information from Infitec.
post #248 of 252 Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Anyway, I ll keep this post updated as soon as I get new information from Infitec.

Please do.
post #249 of 252 Old 08-27-2013, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yeah mee too. i get mail with pricing monday...i gues that monday never came.
post #250 of 252 Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM

Hi everybody,

Cine4home.de published a short review preview video: http://www.cine4home.de/tests/sonstiges/Infitec3D/Infitec3D_Videotests.htm

They announced to publish a detailed written review including measurements of light loss and so on. Cine4home is known for their very detailed and informative equipment reviews.

The first projectors to be supported are the current generation Sony (HW30/50) and the current and previous Epson generations.

In the short YouTube preview video, they call the Infitec solution the "reference system for 3d projection".

Cheers!

Markus
post #251 of 252 Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaan Janne View Post

Yeah mee too. i get mail with pricing monday...i gues that monday never came.

I had contacted the dealer that did the presentation at the HighEnd trade fair in Munich this May and he expected the set, consisting of splitter, a pair of filters and at least two glasses, to be around 3000 EUR, suggested retail price.

Hope this helps!

Markus
post #252 of 252 Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
No it doeasn, i askend about filtters and glass
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony Vplhw15 Home Theater Sxrd Projector

User Tag List