Samsung 3D Glasses Losing Sync? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 177 Old 12-23-2010, 04:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
tape fix didnt work for me but spoke to a samsung engineer yesterday and he asked me to move my wireless router if it was close to the tv and voila moved it and managed to play black ops in 3d for 2 hours without losing sync.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 177 Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highqualityh2o View Post

Guys, are the Ultra Clear 3d Glasses losing sync as much as the Samsung Glasses? It seems like it's hit or miss for those too. I'm about to order some more glasses and I am wondering if anyone has tried the tape thing on the ultra clears? Did it work? I've had a fantastic experience with the tape on my samsungs. I'd also like to thank WhiteRabbit or the OP for that little trick. I have a 2 pair of The xpand 103's and have lost sync a couple times during a 3d bluray movie but I think it was the batteries. They have been exceptional for not losing sync during bright scenes or during my PS3 Motorstorm sessions It's just hard to pay twice the money for the xpands when the Ultra Clears would work fine with tape. Anyone help a brutha out and tell me if you had trouble with the ultra clears losing sync and whether the tape thing works on these too?

I have a Mits 73736 DLP and experienced the losing sync problem with both the Ultraclears (IR) and Mits glasses (which I believe are the same as the Samsungs). The "tape fix" solved the problem with both brands of glasses. I used a tiny bit of black duct tape. Had the problem continuously before and haven't experienced it again after the fix at all. My wireless router is very close to the TV--possible cause? Thanks to White Rabbit for your cure!

Ed
post #93 of 177 Old 12-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadge007 View Post

tape fix didnt work for me but spoke to a samsung engineer yesterday and he asked me to move my wireless router if it was close to the tv and voila moved it and managed to play black ops in 3d for 2 hours without losing sync.

Wow!!! Hard to think that a wifi router could interfere with an infrared connection, anything is possible with this new technology. I try to turn off the router and see what happens; I still got one pair out of five that is very unpredictable. Thanks for the heads up!!!
post #94 of 177 Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderplains View Post

This is interesting.. I just checked my glasses (They are the battery ones) and the S/N starts with SG2B34GZ9xxxx and SG2B34GZAxxxx.. Ill have to pay attention to the "A" S/N to see if this is the case as 2 of the pairs are GZ9 (much newer).. Ill report back.

Thunderplains try this...while watching 3D look AWAY from the TV until the glasses automatically turn off then turn back to the TV and see how fast the sync is restored and if, once restored, it STAYS in sync immediately. Our old glasses would take longer to re-sync and would fade in/out of sync for awhile after they turned back on. The new ones all re-sync within a second and are fine from then on. I can walk 30 feet away and around a corner before they now turn off and when I turn back around they immediately turn back on even though I'm not yet even back in line-of-sight of the TV. I don't know if the battery-operated units underwent any revisions but I'm quite certain the rechargeable units did based on our experience. I also mention again that the tape "trick" did work fine (when properly done which did take some effort to get right)...although I find it rather discouraging you have to mod $150 or more glasses to make them work properly. My hats off to WhiteRabbit2004 for having the determination to figure out the "tape fix!" If Samsung is looking for a good engineer they need look no further :-D
post #95 of 177 Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Hehe, thx guys. Good to hear it's helping others. Makes me wonder what the Samsung product QC procedures are. Seriously, it is a shame we have to resort to this with $150 pairs of glasses. I really hope Samsung makes up for it by producing new glasses that do not lose sync, produce less crosstalk, and are possibly brighter.

Also, my router is no where near my tv.

-=|PlasmaGMR|=-
post #96 of 177 Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM

I wasn't able to get the fix to work with my glasses. I have the same model number as Thunderplains; did you get the new glasses and do they work? I tried everything else and more yet they still drop sync every 2 minutes.

I took a pair of glasses to best buy today and tried them on the 1080p version of my Samsung plasma TV and on a Samsung 46" LED. They still lost sync on the plasma, but didn't on the LED. My parents have an Samsung LED and they never have sync issues which makes me wonder if this is a plasma hardware issue. Maybe the signal is not intense enough or not correctly calibrated for my generation of glasses. No clue, but I'm in the process of returning my current glasses, 2 pairs, to Samsung for replacements. I'll post again once I recieve them and with the basic model # if they work.

If they don't then I think I'll have better luck with aftermarket glasses. I'll probably sell my Samsung's and buy Monster's 3D glasses due to their separate IR transmitter and price around $180 per pair. I'd like to stick with Samsung though because the glasses look nice when actually working correctly and will probably be cheaper in the near future.
post #97 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit2004 View Post

Hehe, thx guys. Good to hear it's helping others. Makes me wonder what the Samsung product QC procedures are. Seriously, it is a shame we have to resort to this with $150 pairs of glasses. I really hope Samsung makes up for it by producing new glasses that do not lose sync, produce less crosstalk, and are possibly brighter.

Also, my router is no where near my tv.

Some debate over what the cause of ghosting is. Some professional reviewers have said that it's disc authoring. That would explain how some disc are virtually ghost free. I just got RE Afterlife and never noticed any ghosting at all and the same for Alice In Wonderland. I'm tending to go with disc authoring myself.
post #98 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh0277 View Post

I wasn't able to get the fix to work with my glasses. I have the same model number as Thunderplains; did you get the new glasses and do they work? I tried everything else and more yet they still drop sync every 2 minutes.

I took a pair of glasses to best buy today and tried them on the 1080p version of my Samsung plasma TV and on a Samsung 46" LED. They still lost sync on the plasma, but didn't on the LED. My parents have an Samsung LED and they never have sync issues which makes me wonder if this is a plasma hardware issue. Maybe the signal is not intense enough or not correctly calibrated for my generation of glasses. No clue, but I'm in the process of returning my current glasses, 2 pairs, to Samsung for replacements. I'll post again once I recieve them and with the basic model # if they work.

If they don't then I think I'll have better luck with aftermarket glasses. I'll probably sell my Samsung's and buy Monster's 3D glasses due to their separate IR transmitter and price around $180 per pair. I'd like to stick with Samsung though because the glasses look nice when actually working correctly and will probably be cheaper in the near future.

I got a pair of samsung 3d glasses for christmas (in addition to the two that came with the plasma tv). The pair that I bought by itself have no problems what so ever (even playing black ops). The other 2 pairs I tapped and it seams to help but I do notice it losing sync (just left often).
post #99 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Some debate over what the cause of ghosting is. Some professional reviewers have said that it's disc authoring. That would explain how some disc are virtually ghost free. I just got RE Afterlife and never noticed any ghosting at all and the same for Alice In Wonderland. I'm tending to go with disc authoring myself.

Ghosting is mostly the display, with a little thrown in by some shutter glasses. If ghosting were in the video, you'd see it on DLP displays. You don't. Movies that ghost like crazy on plasmas, LCDs and other projector technologies don't ghost at all with the little Acer projector, or other DLPs. If ghosts were mastered into the video, you'd see it in every display. Simple.

Some discs lower contrast and/or limit the color palette to minimize the effects on displays that tend to ghost.

Joe Clark

post #100 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Doubt we'll get better glasses, Seems Samsung is now going the RealD route, pity for us that spent $140-$180 on thier glasses I guess
post #101 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 View Post

Doubt we'll get better glasses, Seems Samsung is now going the RealD route, pity for us that spent $140-$180 on thier glasses I guess

Newly announced Samsung active shutter glasses:

http://www.today3d.com/2011/01/samsu...ghtest-3d.html
post #102 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 02:03 PM

post #103 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcterp View Post

Newly announced Samsung active shutter glasses:

http://www.today3d.com/2011/01/samsu...ghtest-3d.html

Oh sweet!! Glad to know we're not getting forgotten, now do they perform better & whats the cost are the bigger questions
post #104 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 03:02 PM

I have just picked up my 3rd set and Shrek starter kit as I too was experiencing the sync loss issue. I have discovered that now the Shrek kits have a serial number difference. The previous bad sets had a serial number ****GZA**** etc... The latest set I picked up are now ****GZB***** the B signifying a difference in production runs? not sure but the (B) glasses do not lose sync at all... The picture appears to be clearer, deeper, and have better color. On Shrek 4 anyways....No way I was gonna settle for the black tape fix on a brand new set of $150 a pair 3D glasses... Got them through returning to the Best Buy store... Hope this helps others...

-Echo
post #105 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoxray View Post

I have just picked up my 3rd set and Shrek starter kit as I too was experiencing the sync loss issue. I have discovered that now the Shrek kits have a serial number difference. The previous bad sets had a serial number ****GZA**** etc... The latest set I picked up are now ****GZB***** the B signifying a difference in production runs? not sure but the (B) glasses do not lose sync at all... The picture appears to be clearer, deeper, and have better color. On Shrek 4 anyways....No way I was gonna settle for the black tape fix on a brand new set of $150 a pair 3D glasses... Got them through returning to the Best Buy store... Hope this helps others...

-Echo

I got mine through Amazon & already redemed the Shrek 4 voucher so I probably cant do a simple exchange, plus I can't just look at the serial on box to ensure I get the GZB
post #106 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:

-Echo

What kind of TV and emitter are you using?
post #107 of 177 Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
rad
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had previously purchased three Samsung glasses to use with my Mits DLP 3D set, and have had no problems with them viewing 3D content, never lost sync.

Got a PN50C8000 this week and the starter kit with Shrek and two more glasses. Tried using the old glasses and there kept losing sync to the point of making them useless. I've tried the electrical tape trick, still haven't found the sweet spot for how much of the sensor to cover up.

The glasses which came with the kit are better but still lose sync every now and then.
post #108 of 177 Old 01-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Using the emitter thats built into my Samsung 63C8000 Plasma..
post #109 of 177 Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
You guys are scaring me. I ordered a 63" 8000 series plasma today. The serial number on the glasses are GZB. I have time to cancel the order. I didn't open the glasses and the TV isn't scheduled for delivery until next week.

Samsung is now using Bluetooth for their glasses on the new d8000 set. I have no idea when this will be released. Do you guys think I should just wait for the newer set and better technology for the glasses?

Also, with the IR glasses if you are on a slight angle from the set does the glasses hold sync if you lay down on the couch or do you need to sit up? I think the wife will be miserable if she has to sit at attention and face the TV.

Thanks
post #110 of 177 Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 PM

You don't have to be sitting up to keep sync just able to see the TV. The sync issue seems to be pretty random, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Are you going to keep it?
post #111 of 177 Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 AM
Advanced Member

I haven't taken delivery so it's really easy to cancel right now. I'm leaning towards cancelling the order. I've been reading about the LG 60" Plasma 3d and it's about 1k less and has gotten great reviews and no sync issues. I have to evaluate this TV and then decide to buy or wait for the latest and greatest with bluetooth.
post #112 of 177 Old 01-27-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:

-Echo

I actually had my IR emitter replaced on my PN50C7000 and they lost the sync just as bad. I have just looked at the two pairs that I have and although I do not have the box anymore the serial is on the glasses so I was able to verify that I have two pairs of the seria ** GZA **, ironically I have just purchased today a pair of Samsung SSG-2200AR to see if it just might be the glasses and Im currently charging them and will be trying them shortly and will report back. I sure hope this works, otherwise Im gonna have to keep asking Samsung to service my set until they give up and replace my set, or even replace it with a newer model. Im not very happy about the fact that they have gone Bluetooth on the new 2011 generation sets because to me that is a clear indication that you messed this up originally. I would love to see if they receive enough pressure to perhaps issue a Bluetooth USB dongle that would let us use the newer 2011 glasses.
post #113 of 177 Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

The funny thing is that Panasonic uses IR and I haven't read anything about sync issues. I also have read good things about the re-chargable Samsung glasses holding sync. I'd like to hear your findings.
post #114 of 177 Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 AM

My Samsung battery glasses from the MvA kit lose sync when I play 3D videogames, like Call of Duty. They don't lose sync that much watching movies after the tape trick. I'm interested in the MonsterVision Max 3D Universal glasses. In theory, it should never lose sync, and you can use them on all IR 3D TVs. They go on sale January 30th.

http://3dvision-blog.com/monster-vis...10u-3d-glasses
post #115 of 177 Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My 3D glasses don't lose anything anymore. My dog got a hold of then last night and chewed them to smithereens. Looks like in getting some ultraclears. $300 down the drain.
post #116 of 177 Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 View Post

Oh sweet!! Glad to know we're not getting forgotten, now do they perform better & whats the cost are the bigger questions

Those glasses are bluetooth, so I would not be so happy.
post #117 of 177 Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 PM

So I have used my SSG-2200AR for about half an hour cause I have not had much time and so far so good. Will see, I have to try these puppys out some more for a more detailed conclusion.
post #118 of 177 Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

ibr80: Keep us posted. If you can get a good sync I may buy a 2010 63" Samsung.
post #119 of 177 Old 01-30-2011, 05:22 AM

Fyi I have a new 50in Samsung 3D plasma and bd-c5900 3d blu-ray player. One pair of ****GZ1**** serial battery glasses came with the tv and work fine (no sync issues). Received four pairs of glasses with the Samsung "how to train your dragon" 3D giveaway: two ****GZA**** serial battery glasses and two "SSG-2200AR/XS" usb glasses. Can confirm that only the GZA have sync problems, exactly as described by others. Awaiting a return call from Samsung support and will keep you posted. I can say that our 3d experience with the other glasses has been mind-blowingly good.
post #120 of 177 Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

I have a PS3 so does it makes sense not to take the bundle and buy my own rechargable 3d glasses. I like the idea of a battery so if you lose juice you can still watch the movie but I guess if this solves a problem.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page