PS3 gaming compatible projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So,

I been doing some research and i cant find any projectors that are compatible with PS3 3d gaming.

from what i understand the projector does not technically needs to be hdmi 1.4 but i has to be able do frame packing instead of checkerboard 3d.

What im looking for is a 720p 3d capable projector where i could play ps3 3d games and movies (key factor games).

i do not care for 1080p or 1080i 3d movies/games, im good with 720p.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanaconda View Post

So,

I been doing some research and i cant find any projectors that are compatible with PS3 3d gaming.

from what i understand the projector does not technically needs to be hdmi 1.4 but i has to be able do frame packing instead of checkerboard 3d.

What im looking for is a 720p 3d capable projector where i could play ps3 3d games and movies (key factor games).

i do not care for 1080p or 1080i 3d movies/games, im good with 720p.

Unfortunately, you and everybody else would love to buy one of these cheapo 720p 3D projectors to use with the PS3 for 3D gaming. The problem is, that none of the currently available 3D projectors can either accept frame packing, which is the standard format that the PS3 uses, and none of them work with Mitsubishi's frame packing to checkerboard adapter either. I think the problem in that case is the fact that Mit's adapter box only works at 1080p resolution.

Right now, the only thing you can do is wait till the end of September for the CEDIA show. It's widely expected that 10 or more 3D projectors will be announced there. Most of those are very high-end 3D projectors, but you have to imagine that there will be a few under 3 grand. Maybe a few under 2 grand. The downside, is that we aren't likely to see any hdmi 1.4 3D projectors anywhere near as cheap as the current 720p ones that are floating around right now. In fact, I'd be surprised to see a legit hdmi 1.4, compatible with frame packing projector for under $1699.99, and that would be a 720p one. I don't think you'll see a 1080p one under $2399.99. That's just my personal gut instinct on this. I don't have any inside information or anything.

It's really too bad that there isn't some way to get around this situation with these cheapo $700 projectors. Because $700 is going to be a drop in the bucket compared to what we hear about at CEDIA.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for answer.

is there any 1080p at 120 hz that would work with the Mitsubishi's frame packing to checkerboard adapter ?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanaconda View Post

thanks for answer.

is there any 1080p at 120 hz that would work with the Mitsubishi's frame packing to checkerboard adapter ?

No -

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page