Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 662 Old 09-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotbill View Post

Hey, I feel for Us All, I've got a 73 C9. Recently ordered the Kit, cancelled the kit, ordered a Mits Adapter & a pair of Optoma 3Ds. They will be here tomorrow, let's see how it goes.

I am glad you are one of the lucky ones and was able to get the right glasses the first time.

I am sure you are going to love the Optimas. The picture is awesome with the DLP-Link glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 662 Old 09-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalbower View Post

I am glad you are one of the lucky ones and was able to get the right glasses the first time.

I am sure you are going to love the Optimas. The picture is awesome with the DLP-Link glasses.

Thanks, I'll post my thoughts after a few days of checking them out on DirecTV.
post #273 of 662 Old 09-08-2010, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ordered my Optomas.
Do you just disconnect the kit emitter cables?
post #274 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

3) Currently, if you want a 3D experience with the 2010's you MUST have the Kit (or it's separate components).

Is that accurate? I thought that there were sources such as Comcast that did not require 1.4 EDID information in order to output SBS. I also thought that the 2010 Mits can receive SBS in addition to checkerboard.

Also, as another example, any 3D or 3D ready Mits set, 2010 or before, can receive 3D blu-ray from a Panny 300/350 which can be viewed with a pair of DLP Link glasses.

So, someone with Comcast, a Panny 300/350, or some other checkerboard or SBS 3D source not requiring 1.4 EDID could watch 3D on a 2010 set with just a pair of DLP Link glasses, nothing from the kit required.

With D*, even though it is SBS, it does not recognize the 2010 Mits set as being capable and still requires the adapter, so either the kit or the adapter with DLP Link glasses is necessary even for a 2010 set.
post #275 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds54 View Post

I ordered my Optimas.
Do you just disconnect the kit emitter cables?

Yep, you don't need the emitter with the Optoma's.

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #276 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 07:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
The 2010 xx738 and xx838 models will accept and display HDMI 1.4a SbS formated 3D content without any adapter. There have been reports in other thread that this works just fine for some of the cable company boxes when receiveing 1080i SbS 3D program content. It does not work with D* since D* does not recogonize xx738 or xx838 models as 3D capable.
The X102s, the Optimas, and the Viewsonics are all DLP-Link glases and therfore no IR emitter or IR emitter conection is required when using them. Since both X102s and the Optimas are designed for use with front projector DLP systems, RP DLP 3D systems using them them need to be in Mode2 or Reverse mode.
post #277 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Can I use Nvidia glasses in reverse mode (without the IR plugged in)?
My tv is a 73837 model.

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #278 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjknatl View Post

Is that accurate? I thought that there were sources such as Comcast that did not require 1.4 EDID information in order to output SBS. I also thought that the 2010 Mits can receive SBS in addition to checkerboard.

Also, as another example, any 3D or 3D ready Mits set, 2010 or before, can receive 3D blu-ray from a Panny 300/350 which can be viewed with a pair of DLP Link glasses.

So, someone with Comcast, a Panny 300/350, or some other checkerboard or SBS 3D source not requiring 1.4 EDID could watch 3D on a 2010 set with just a pair of DLP Link glasses, nothing from the kit required.

With D*, even though it is SBS, it does not recognize the 2010 Mits set as being capable and still requires the adapter, so either the kit or the adapter with DLP Link glasses is necessary even for a 2010 set.

If a Gefen Spoofer in placed after the D" receiver with the Mitsu Adaptor Idenitifcation, would this then work?
post #279 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Comcast still requires that the EDID information from the destination states that it will accept HDMI 1.4a SbS or 720p TnB content. D* does exactly the same but also requies that the Make/model information in the EDID data also be one of the Make/model numbers it is approved list.
And therfore Comcast will output 1080i SbS 3D content to a Mits xx738 or xx838 models but not to other Mits models.
A Gefen unit can be placed after the adapter when the D* unit is connnected directly to the adapter or to a unit representing itself as the adapter for use with Samsung RP DLP TVs
post #280 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBarry View Post

If a Gefen Spoofer in placed after the D" receiver with the Mitsu Adaptor Idenitifcation, would this then work?

I'm not sure because the D* receiver may require more than just the proper EDID and not sure the gefen will do that. It is bridging an actual HDMI 1.4 connection in that case (D* is HDMI 1.3 hardware, but acts like 1.4 3D requirements after the firmware update) so not sure.

The gefen definitely works between the adapter and a samsung tv because it is bridging an HDMI 1.3 connection that happens to contain checkerboard content.

Considering the gefen costs about as much as a mits adapter, unless you already have the gefen, are sure that it works in that case, and aren't using it for some other purpose, you might be better off to buy an adapter (and might consider buying the kit considering no DLP Link issue with the 2010 set).
post #281 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

The older models have no firmware or software space to incorporate such an upgrade.

Thats not true, when I purchased my nvidia kit, i had to update the firmware before using it. I spoke to Mitts 2 days ago, gave them my firmware ver 010.02 for wd60-735. Per the op I was up to date. However when I asked prior to giving the info he could not tell me what it should be. I have always seen this prob, but since the gaming sucked I did not care. I do care now. I don't think the person I spoke with knew much about the 3d, every question I asked he had to leave the phone to get info (or work on his origami).
post #282 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywardw View Post

Thats not true, when I purchased my nvidia kit, i had to update the firmware before using it. I spoke to Mitts 2 days ago, gave them my firmware ver 010.02 for wd60-735. Per the op I was up to date. However when I asked prior to giving the info he could not tell me what it should be. I have always seen this prob, but since the gaming sucked I did not care. I do care now. I don't think the person I spoke with knew much about the 3d, every question I asked he had to leave the phone to get info (or work on his origami).

You need to read the whole thread, he was referring to firmware on older sets not allowing the disabling of the DLP Link like the newer DLP's not that they don't have firmware updates in general.
post #283 of 662 Old 09-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix1973 View Post

You need to read the whole thread, he was referring to firmware on older sets not allowing the disabling of the DLP Link like the newer DLP's not that they don't have firmware updates in general.

My bust...sorry
post #284 of 662 Old 09-14-2010, 03:44 PM

I have been comparing the picture quality of my Viewsonic DLP-Link glasses to the Mits IR glasses the last few days. The picture quality is definitely better with the Viewsonic, but has anyone noticed a lot more glare with the Viewsonic glasses? FYI: I don’t see how the Viewsonic glasses could fit anyone but an adult male. My wife can’t even wear them because they fall off her head.
post #285 of 662 Old 09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I went with the Optoma DLP-Link glasses after using the Mits IR. The PQ is a definite improvement! I have not noticed any glare. IMO, the Mits glasses were more comfortable, but my guests and I have no problem with the Optomas. BTW, as mentioned before, I did have to turn my 3D glasses setting on the TV to Reverse for the Optomas.
post #286 of 662 Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalbower View Post

I have been comparing the picture quality of my Viewsonic DLP-Link glasses to the Mits IR glasses the last few days. The picture quality is definitely better with the Viewsonic, but has anyone noticed a lot more glare with the Viewsonic glasses? FYI: I don't see how the Viewsonic glasses could fit anyone but an adult male. My wife can't even wear them because they fall off her head.

I have a small head so most glasses do not fit me very well. I pretty much have to wear some kind of head gear to help fatten up my head for the glasses to fit.
post #287 of 662 Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 AM

just had a question, i notice that a lot of people are having problems with 3d on their xx738 and xx838 series tv's, has anyone had any problems with 3d on their xx735 series tv and if so what are they.
post #288 of 662 Old 09-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Here's the problem... I bought the kit and I don't really have a huge issue at this point however I don't have much content... But this board is based on being video snobs and If I paid all that loot for new glasses and it wasn't significant of an upgraded I'd be mad... is that just me?
post #289 of 662 Old 09-16-2010, 10:11 PM

If you encounter a greenish tint in 3D mode on a mitsubishi, Install a new bulb and problem solved.

The greenish tint can indicate the bulb is not operating properly and you may have signal issues with the X102 3D glasses. It is the bulb, not the glasses. If you bought from Sears, then your preventative service agreement covers replacement.
post #290 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU3D007 View Post

If you encounter a greenish tint in 3D mode on a mitsubishi, Install a new bulb and problem solved.

The greenish tint can indicate the bulb is not operating properly and you may have signal issues with the X102 3D glasses. It is the bulb, not the glasses. If you bought from Sears, then your preventative service agreement covers replacement.

Any proof or review ?
Do you work for Sears too ?

Gen Coupe 3.8 Track w/ bolts-on tune:

post #291 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 03:21 AM

Proof through experience, yes.

Our company site is at www.tru3d.com

We have shipped over 600 XpanD glasses plus many other types of 3D glasses. We have had many customers that thought something was wrong with one of their other devices or glasses while experiencing a green-ish tint on their picture. Additionally, we have a local service center that performs HDTV repair here in St. Pete that technically acknowledges and resolves the issue with lamp replacements.

Without in-person testing, it is impossible to say for sure, but I would put a 90% probability that a simple bulb replacement will resolve the issue.

I do not work for sears, lol, simply have a few customers that have preventative maintenance plans on their DLPs and really appreciate their annual checkups that keep their TVs running up to par. Not knowing where you purchased your HDTV, the sears mention was only a suggestion.

Generally speaking, lamp replacements are about $125 for the bulb and $100-$240 for the labor depending upon if they come on site to do it. If you are tech savvy, you could do it yourself and service guides can be easily sought after. It may be a good suggestion to just take digital pictures at each dis-assembly step so that you know you to re-assemble your TV!

Can anyone else help validate this assessment for us?
post #292 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:

I would suggest the Optoma BG-ZD101 DLP Link 3D Glasses @ $75.00 ea, everyone that has them loves them, including myself. They take away the greenish tint & are a big improvement over the Mits Kit Glasses which give the greenish tint. Also you Do NOT need the transmitter with them. jmtsw
post #293 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds54 View Post

I went with the Optoma DLP-Link glasses after using the Mits IR. The PQ is a definite improvement! I have not noticed any glare. IMO, the Mits glasses were more comfortable, but my guests and I have no problem with the Optomas. BTW, as mentioned before, I did have to turn my 3D glasses setting on the TV to Reverse for the Optomas.

Quote:

Quote:

I also would suggest the Optoma BG-ZD101 DLP Link 3D Glasses @ $75.00 ea, everyone that has them loves them, including myself. They take away the greenish tint & are a big improvement over the Mits Kit Glasses which give the greenish tint. Also you Do NOT need the transmitter with them. jmtsw

I meant to include the 1st Quote above, in my reply, sorry for the double post.
post #294 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:

Can anyone else help validate this assessment for us?

Most people that are complaining about the tint are using the Mits kit glasses, not DLP Link glasses. Different issue than a bulb in that case...mits glasses do not block the DLP Link flash which produces the teal blacks. DLP Link glasses solve that problem.

The question I have for you at Tru3D though is will Xpand or any other of your vendors produce DLP Link glasses to address the polarization rainbow issue, which is related to the angle of the two orthogonal polarizing layers of the DLP Link glasses. Xpan, Optoma and Viewsonic glasses have that problem. Mits glasses have that angle of polarization layers rotated 45 degrees so no polarization rainbow appears unless you tilt your head (but you get teal blacks in pre 2010 TVs). Somebody needs to solve both problems in one pair of glasses.
post #295 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Most people that are complaining about the tint are using the Mits kit glasses, not DLP Link glasses. Different issue than a bulb in that case...mits glasses do not block the DLP Link flash which produces the teal blacks. DLP Link glasses solve that problem.

The question I have for you at Tru3D though is will Xpand or any other of your vendors produce DLP Link glasses to address the polarization rainbow issue, which is related to the angle of the two orthogonal polarizing layers of the DLP Link glasses. Xpan, Optoma and Viewsonic glasses have that problem. Mits glasses have that angle of polarization layers rotated 45 degrees so no polarization rainbow appears unless you tilt your head (but you get teal blacks in pre 2010 TVs). Somebody needs to solve both problems in one pair of glasses.

I can verify that changing the bulb does not fix the green tint experienced with the Mits and Samsung glasses. My bulb had 7500 hours on it and was still going strong but I decided to change it and use the old one as a spare cause I was afraid my screen might be dimming. I did this after I started using the Mits adapter. My model is the WD 73833. I saw no change in brightness by the way and no change in the green tint when in 3D mode...FWIW I have also upgraded to version 9.03 firmware which fixed my blue screen issue but had no effect on the green tint issue...
post #296 of 662 Old 09-17-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:

FYI...The light engine was just replaced on my DLP and the polarization rainbows are exactly the same. I assume this means that the screen itself is to blame, which of course only has a one month warranty.
post #297 of 662 Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have the 73738 and I haven't watched a 3D bluray movie on it yet, but I have tried out the PS3 and 3D channels on directv. I was really behind the 3D movement, and thought bigger was better, but the 3D picture is just not popping out at me. I know it is working since the screen is showing a double image, and with the glasses on I see as clear picture. When I was watching the X-games at BB, with a samsung LED I could definately see the 3D. Is it that DLP isn't that great for that popping out effect like the LED or Plasma?
post #298 of 662 Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

What glases are you using on your 738? If DLP link are the set to reverse mode instead of normal mode?
What 3D blue ray movies are you watching from D*? If other then PayperView channels they are being received at 1/2R 1080i resolution asnd then being downscaled again and thendisplayed on your DLP at 960x1080 per eye. At the store you were seing full resoultion content at 1920x1080 per eye.
post #299 of 662 Old 09-21-2010, 03:01 AM

Hello all I have the Mits 73C9 , 3DA1 adapter and the Optoma Glasses and just DL'd the PS3 3D Movie support update. I put in Monster House 3D but it doesn't look like 3D. Can I play 3D movies with the PS3 and the Mits Adapter?

Thanks!
post #300 of 662 Old 09-21-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr357 View Post

Hello all I have the Mits 73C9 , 3DA1 adapter and the Optoma Glasses and just DL'd the PS3 3D Movie support update. I put in Monster House 3D but it doesn't look like 3D. Can I play 3D movies with the PS3 and the Mits Adapter?

Thanks!

I'm guessing it's because the ps3 does not support checkerboard....? Can anyone confirm this?
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page