Mitsubishi 3D Checkerboard Converter + Gefen HDMI Detective = 3D on Samsung HL61A750 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

I do not like the fact that I have to go into the menu to turn on 3D every time. I have a Harmony remote and I might try to set up a macro command or see if there is a hidden dedicate button that I could add to my Harmony. At this time I will probably not play around with much more as I am very happy with the DirecTv 3D picture and was very upset last night when my 3D went away.

The best I came up with my Nvidia 3D setup was a button I programmed for the Tools menu on my Harmony and that limited the button presses to get to 3D to just a few. If you come up with anything better please post about it.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat68 View Post

I was thinking of getting the adapter and HDMI device for my Sammy but I want to be able to get sound through the HDMI cable. Any thoughts before I do the buy?

If your receiver is 1.4 compatible, it will work. My setup is currently PS3>Denon 591>3da-1>gefen>samsung HL67a750 and the PS3 sends its audio to the Denon via HDMI.
post #33 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
We may have another solution soon available!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post18980802
post #34 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 06:57 AM

Id be interested to see how different tru3D's solution actually is from the 3da-1+Gefen HDMI Detective. My guess is it will be the exact same thing, but save you the step of finding a Mits TV to program.
post #35 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 PM

I posted this in the mits converter thread as well, but after finding this thread it makes a lot more sense to post it here.

Any ideas?

d*tv hr/24 -> 3da-1 -> gefen (EDID programmed from a mits WD-65c9 at a rent a center) -> Sammy HL61A750.

The 3d channels tell me that my tv is not compatable.

The 3d content I recorded before the channels were blocked play just fine.

After trying so many different things that I don't remember what I did, I actually had all the 3d channels working for a while, but then I tested the 3da-1 by turning it off and then back on. Channels went back to telling me that my tv is not compatable. Now I can't get it back, but the recorded content still works fine.

I know that it works, but I can't seem to figure out how.

My ps3 hasn't worked in 3d at all.

Just curious if anyone has come up with any tricks.

post #36 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM

Geaux,
I have basically the same setup as yours. I have programmed to two different Mit's DLPs and still have not had success as you. I can get an enlarged checkerboard type display on the screen, but get the 'not a 3d tv' message and the Directv guide will not allow me to start a program. I suspect a problem with my HDMI cable and have new 1.4's to start with this afternoon.
My question for you is about cloning the Mit's DLP set. I have cloned twice to different models. Each time the Mit's screen goes into a plug and play screen and wants me to name the new HDMI connection. I have ignored the request and programmed the geffen.
Did you name the new HDMI connection or ignore it?
Also, on the Samsung, I understand that only HDMI input 3 HDMI/DVI named to PC is necessary. Do you find this name change and "Only HDMI 3" necessary?
I believe you are using RF glasses, but if you are using DLP Link type, did you connect the TV emitter to the Mit's adapter??
Thanks, JIM
post #37 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Kevin,
I am suffering the same with the same set up. I did not previously record any 3d content and it doesn't allow me to now. I have all 3d equupment out of the line, rebooted the DirecTv and still can't record the greyed out channel 103. I get a "Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program." message.
Were you able to record from the guide or was it via VOD ?
Thanks, JIM
post #38 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM

I recorded from the guide. There were a few days there where the n3d channel played even though I didn't even have any 3d equipment at all yet. but it was only that one channel, the other two were as they are now.

post #39 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks Kevin,
I am rebooting D*tv now but still getting tv not compatible with 3d adapter. Also, with HDMI 3/dvi named PC I don't get any sound at all through. I think it wants me to input 2 channel sound into the PC connector on the back of the TV. Also, the adapter is not allowing any 3d mode or change.(No mode light on).
Back to work.
JIM
post #40 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 01:53 PM

I tried naming it game as well because the mits instructions say the 833 model requires that. The recordings seem to work either way I do it. I'm not sure what dictates the availability of the 3d mode option. sometimes its there, then others it isnt. one thing that works most of the time is to change the name of the input and then change it back.

edit.

sorry, misunderstood to which 3d mode you were refering. This was meant for the sammy menu.

post #41 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwitt View Post

Thanks Kevin,
Also, the adapter is not allowing any 3d mode or change.(No mode light on).
Back to work.
JIM

Thats how mine reacted while I was attempting to make the gefen work without a mits edid. it would pass 2d just fine as long as it was powered on. I tried the edid from the 3da-1, and all their preset switch settings, but no 3d mode. then after I had the actual edid, it still did that for a while. Not sure what happened but all of a sudden the 3d mode was on. This was a while before my brief success with the 3d channels.

post #42 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 02:38 PM

Replugged everything in and no luck. Then I plugged everything in except the Geffen to TV, turned everything on on IT WORKED... I changed the modes to get the best picture with the LED link glasses. Everything good with sound. Inadvertanly hkit the off button on Mit's adapter and turned it back on. Lost the 3d picture and have continued with error messages. Have another engagement to go to, so leaving everything unplugged until late tonite. Atleast I know it works. I think everything needs to be hooked up except geffen to tv so Mit;s adapter gets geffen signal only and then connct to tb HDMI 3 DVI PC. I like your info about the need to rename the HDMI input on the TV.
Getting there, thanks for the suggestions. It was great for a few minutes..
JIM
post #43 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:

...I think everything needs to be hooked up except geffen to tv so Mit;s adapter gets geffen signal only and then connct to tb HDMI 3 DVI PC.
JIM

I tried leaving the actual tv out a few times, perhaps one of those was when it actually worked. I think when it came on, my mind went blank with excitement. But I definately think youre onto something now.

I'm also not sure as to whether the hdcp switch on the geffen should be on or off. It seems to pass through either way, but if its off sometimes the screen will go blank so I switch it on and then the image comes through. So many variables.

Quote:

It was great for a few minutes..

And I totally feel you on that one.

post #44 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Geaux,
I have basically the same setup as yours. I have programmed to two different Mit's DLPs and still have not had success as you. I can get an enlarged checkerboard type display on the screen, but get the 'not a 3d tv' message and the Directv guide will not allow me to start a program. I suspect a problem with my HDMI cable and have new 1.4's to start with this afternoon.
My question for you is about cloning the Mit's DLP set. I have cloned twice to different models. Each time the Mit's screen goes into a plug and play screen and wants me to name the new HDMI connection. I have ignored the request and programmed the geffen.
Did you name the new HDMI connection or ignore it?
Also, on the Samsung, I understand that only HDMI input 3 HDMI/DVI named to PC is necessary. Do you find this name change and "Only HDMI 3" necessary?
I believe you are using RF glasses, but if you are using DLP Link type, did you connect the TV emitter to the Mit's adapter??
Thanks, JIM

The Mitsubishi never went into the plug and play mode as far as I am aware. I was in the back of the Mitsubishi programing the Gefen HDMI Detective. I never named anything on the Mitsubishi DLP I used.
post #45 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin6541 View Post

I posted this in the mits converter thread as well, but after finding this thread it makes a lot more sense to post it here.

Any ideas?

d*tv hr/24 -> 3da-1 -> gefen (EDID programmed from a mits WD-65c9 at a rent a center) -> Sammy HL61A750.

The 3d channels tell me that my tv is not compatable.

The 3d content I recorded before the channels were blocked play just fine.

After trying so many different things that I don't remember what I did, I actually had all the 3d channels working for a while, but then I tested the 3da-1 by turning it off and then back on. Channels went back to telling me that my tv is not compatable. Now I can't get it back, but the recorded content still works fine.

I know that it works, but I can't seem to figure out how.

My ps3 hasn't worked in 3d at all.

Just curious if anyone has come up with any tricks.

Is the audio turned on on your Samsung HL61A750. I don't know why but I had the same problem until I turned on the audio to played through the HDMI cable on my Onkyo A/V Reciever.
post #46 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin6541 View Post

I tried leaving the actual tv out a few times, perhaps one of those was when it actually worked. I think when it came on, my mind went blank with excitement. But I definately think youre onto something now.

I'm also not sure as to whether the hdcp switch on the geffen should be on or off. It seems to pass through either way, but if its off sometimes the screen will go blank so I switch it on and then the image comes through. So many variables.

And I totally feel you on that one.

The 4 dip switch needs to be set to on. However, do not set it to on until you have successfully programed the Gefen HDMI Detective. DirecTv does not use HDCP at this time but it would be a problem when watching most blu-rays.
post #47 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

The best I came up with my Nvidia 3D setup was a button I programmed for the Tools menu on my Harmony and that limited the button presses to get to 3D to just a few. If you come up with anything better please post about it.

Turls,

How did you program your Harmony regarding the buttons and what model Harmony do you have? I have a Harmony 890 Pro and there is no tools button on my remote. Thanks.
post #48 of 678 Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Tried late last night and couldn't get the 3d back. What is curious, is that I sometimes lose all audio and it takes alot of connects and disconnects to get it back.
One comment re: the Tru3d system: At this point, I wish I just spent the extra bucks, however, their system was supposed to ship the end of July, and I haven't heard of anyone actually in possession of one and reporting that is works. Maybe the same problems.
Jim
post #49 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Worm View Post

If your receiver is 1.4 compatible, it will work. My setup is currently PS3>Denon 591>3da-1>gefen>samsung HL67a750 and the PS3 sends its audio to the Denon via HDMI.

Nice, i have the same tv and an Integra (onkyo pro line) 1.4 receiver (least i think it must be as uts brand new and has 5 hdmi inputs). Also have ps3 and would like to try the 3d demos but need the adaoter and programmed geffen or can progrsm it myself with a mitsu dlp at local store.

If anyone has a mitsu 3da-1 adapter and geffen programed so its all working wiyh a samsung dlp (preferably a750) I have the following up for trade:

1.samsung ssg-1000 active shutter glasses (only used a few times) in box with emitter and all contents including cleaning cloth and a bonus matching navy blue soft cloth bag/pouch from a pair of ssg2100.

2. Retail copy of 'Grand Canyon Adventure' 3d-bluray.

3. LG demo disc

4. Panasonic demo disc

5. Monsters vs. Aliens 3d bluray

6. Can get you a copy of a couple other 3d bluray

those are the things i have up for trade for a 3da-1 and geffen already programed to work with samsung dlp.

Id have to check again the price of the adapter and the geffen and then id add $5-10 for programming it (cus i know it only takes a couple of minutes) and then id trade an item of equal value, or one of greater value plus money and i know how much each of my items sell for on ebay.

I know many are looking for a pair of ssg1000 especially of they already have a pair and just want a second to work with same emitter and you cant get them anywhere for some time now. But id trade the ssg100 for a 3da-1 and proframmed geffen confirmed working on samsing dlp as an even trade no money.
post #50 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Post deleted due to Wrong thread
post #51 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

Is the audio turned on on your Samsung HL61A750. I don't know why but I had the same problem until I turned on the audio to played through the HDMI cable on my Onkyo A/V Reciever.

I didn't think of looking into the audio because I can only run optical to my avr, it's pretty old. The avr has audio, but now that I'm looking into it, I can't seem to get any audio to my tv via HDMI. The speakers are on, the volume is at 20 and I've got nothing. I've tried both dolby on and off - from the hr24. I'll try bypassing the 3da-1 and running it through just the gefen and see what happens.

post #52 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 09:56 AM

The audio plays when I connect straight through the gefen bypassing the 3da-1. It also plays when I bypass the gefen and just use the 3da-1. It's the combo of the two that cuts out the audio. I've tied a couple different cables between the 3da-1 and the gefen, but so far i've got no audio with the full setup. I wonder if this has something to do with the D* 3d compatibility issue as well.

post #53 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Kevin,
Is your AVR conncted at all? If yes I suggest you try with it not being used. Are you getting 3D content with your 3D glases with both of the configurations you described? In theory you should get 3D content with just the adapter and with out the Gefen since you have a Mits TV but not without the adapter.
post #54 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The folowing post in another 3D forum be prove helpfull.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/newre...ply&p=18970185
post #55 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Kevin,
Is your AVR conncted at all? If yes I suggest you try with it not being used. Are you getting 3D content with your 3D glases with both of the configurations you described? In theory you should get 3D content with just the adapter and with out the Gefen since you have a Mits TV but not without the adapter.

Well, I have the sammy 61a750. I have tried without my avr. The only time I have seen 3d is with some recordings from before D* blocked out the n3D channel, and then two different times from the actual channel. (one of which was last night and it just stopped, after about an hour of viewing, and went back to the not compatible screen). HDMI audio wasn't a concern while watching because I had my optical going. I feel that there must be a connection between losing the audio and losing the 3d compatibility.

The audio is strange as it works through either the gefen or the 3da-1, but not both in line together.

post #56 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry I thought you had a Mits 3D ready DLP TV.
In any case until you can get true 3D content from a D* 3D program with both video and audio on your SamsungTV you should not have any connections to your A/V reciver.
post #57 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Kevin,

Well, I have the sammy 61a750. I have tried without my avr. The only time I have seen 3d is with some recordings from before D* blocked out the n3D channel, and then two different times from the actual channel. (one of which was last night and it just stopped, after about an hour of viewing, and went back to the not compatible screen). HDMI audio wasn't a concern while watching because I had my optical going. I feel that there must be a connection between losing the audio and losing the 3d compatibility.

The audio is strange as it works through either the gefen or the 3da-1, but not both in line together.

post #58 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

As long as you have optical audio going to your AV player I suspect you will have problms until you every thing working correctly without your AV player involved AT ALL.
post #59 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 12:41 PM

Just as an experiment, I have setup like this:

hr24 -> gefen -> 3da-1 -> 61a750

Audio and 2d pass through. 3d obviously doesn't work. For some reason, the 3da-1 won't pass audio to the gefen. Which must mean that some part of the signal is getting lost at the 3da-1, which is probably what is happening to the 3d compatibility.

Now if I can get a live channel working again, i will certainly test the hdmi audio through the 61a750 speakers. Although, the recordings from before the lockout still play, but their audio will not pass from 3da-1 to gefen either.

post #60 of 678 Old 07-31-2010, 01:14 PM

Still having no luck at getting 3d back.
While trying different connection routines, I will lose audio and it is very difficult to get it back (no AVR in line). This leads me to believe that Geaux is on to something as his was working well running via his AVR after the Gefen and using the AVR to strip the audio via HDMI. He then had problems when he did not use the AVR to strip the audio. 3d back on again after he stripped the audio via AVR HDMI setting. Then recovered 5.1 sound with glorius 3d, stripping audio via Toslink. (I think that is correct.)
I have the previous Onkyo, but I think it will pass/repeat 1.3 which should work ok placed either after the Mit's adapter and the Gefen, or after the
Gefen. I hope that stripping the audio via Toslink will work.
One other possibility is that I have an earlier HR21-200, where Geaux has the HR24-. DirecTv support claims that there should be no difference, but what do they know??
The fact that prerecorded 3d is working on some where the guide claims no 3dtv connected leads me to believe that there is a software problem with the D* receivers.
Any thoughts?
JIM
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page