Samsung c750 optical audio out and DD 5.1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2010, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I have a Sony HTR that is connected to my TV via the optical audio out. After reading the manual it seems to say I should only get 2ch audio from a HDMI source and only 5.1 from the internal tuner. My Motorola DVR box with Audio set to pass through as well as my ps3 hooked up with HDMI both cause my HTR to show the DD D logo just like normal 5.1 content and the voice audio comes from center channel only just like normal. Is this working properly? I guess it will work after all? I ask because I only have 1 optical in on my older HTR.

I should add however the Elite Xbox 360 I have will not work this way. Only using Optical Audio out will make it show the DD D logo and goto 5.1 mode. Just trying to make sure I am getting true 5.1 because if not I will have to put all these on an optical switch box. Thanks for any help. I should add my full TV MN is LN46C750 and my HTR is a DAV-HDX277WC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-21-2010, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Just tried Avatar on bluray and it will not pass the DTs sound to the receiver. Only 5.1 so looks like I will be just using the switch!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 AM

The decoder in the LN46C750 will decode all Dobly Digital sources in 5.1 but will only do 2 channels for DTS sources. So yeah the switch is the way to go.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page