Samsung UN55C9000 Network problems. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
qsl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry if this is posted somewhere. I did a search and could not find it. I have looked all over the net and have not seen really many posts with this problem yet.

I purchased a 9000 series 55" Samsung tv 3 weeks ago. Everything works great except the network connection. This tv comes with the wifi dongle. I can get it to connect to the network fine. But when i shut off the tv for more then a hour or so and turn it back on, i can only use network features for a few minutes and then it disconnects from the network. I get the error "network interference"... I can then unplug the dongle and plug it back in and it works fine until the next time i shut off the tv for a long period of time.

Same type of problems with the remote. I can connect to the network, but once the remote goes into sleep mode and i turn it back on, it never re connects unless i manually do so. Now, if i connect it to the TV network, that the TV provides, it will connect back to it, but obviosly only if the tv is connected to the home network.

I have DSL and the following equipment, Netgear Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router WNDR3700 and Actiontec gt724-wg. I cant get it to work reliable on either one of these units. Everything else in the house can connect to either one of these with no problems. TV is about 50ft from these units on the same floor. I have full bar signal.

So, what have i done to fix this?

-Assigned static IP's (does not fix)
-Shut off all wifi devices in home exept tv (does not fix)
-Power cycled all equipment (does not fix)
-Purchased a high speed $180 router dual band (does not fix)
-Reset the tv (does not fix)
-Reset the remote (does not fix)
-Change USB ports for dongle (does not fix)
-Did firmware update on tv last night (does not fix)

I called samsung today and they insist its my network allthough i have about 6 different items that can connect to it and work perfectly as they have always. The only thing that has a problem is the tv and remote. I would expect for 4k that this tv would be able to do such a simple function as get on a network. My PS3 next to it has never had an issue since i bought it YEARS ago. Samsung kept telling me its my network and the tv may be more sensitive then the other items on the network. To me, that means they should not be advertising the network compatibility feature of the tv unless it works flawlessly. Dang, even my kids gameboy works on the network.

Please, i hope someone can provide some answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

My c8000 gives me the network interference issue, I don't have to reset my TV just go into the network settings and reconnect to my network. I have about 7 or 8 devices on my network without issues. I have a $130 d-link router. I believe the problem is the TV not the network. I'm glad my c8000 doesn't rely on its wifi for some key features to work.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
qsl

i can get it to connect again that way too, but it requires me to re enter the key...

I played with this some more last night. I really think the dongle or the tv is messed up. BECAUSE... the tv was not connected to the network last night because i reconfigured the router. When i went to set the tv up again. I connected the remote to the TV network that the dongle provides. I was able to control the tv even though the tv was not connected to my home network. Thats important, because when this thing goes "off line" I cant even connect to the tv through my remote. It says that no tv's are available. Seems to me if it was my home network causing the problem then, the remote would still be able to connect to the tv?

for a $4000 tv, i am very confused how this cant work consistently...
post #4 of 13 Old 10-19-2010, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

A while back another c9000 owner posted on network issues. You aren't the only one with this problem. I thought the TV talk to the remote via your router. I didn't think you could connect directly to the TV without an network. Can you use the video on remote mode without your network, TV to remote. Not TV to router, remote to router. If you get what I mean.
post #5 of 13 Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
qsl

The TV creates its own network so the remote can connect to it directly. OR you can connect to your home network. The difference really is in what you can do. If you connect to the tv network you cant view or listen to any files on your media server, but if you connect the remote to your home network you can view files and listen to MP3's. The remote will work with the tv in infrared mode, but it sucks...

Samsung tech is due here on Thursday. They said they may even charge me for the service call... So far, not impressed.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 PM

same problem with my 4 weeks old un55c9000 in usa

i had exactly the same problem trying 2 different routers

pls read my feedback on cnet samsung forum:
forums.cnet.com/7723-6035_102-500394.html

I found a solution , we need a new wifi adapter the one that comes with this TV is faulty (samsung asked me to mail my original wifi to them and didnt find anything wrong with it and sent it back to me , so i did my own troubleshoouting)

Also my touch screen remote restarts itself once a day for no reason and it takes 3-4 minutes after to reconnect to my network.

Call Samsung and demand a new wifi adapter or just get a new one from store (bestbuy) you would need model code: wis09ABGNX/XAA notoriginal WIS09ABG2X/ZA(original) - that what works for me and call and ask for reimbursement - Samsung USA can do it but veryyyyy slow i'm still waiting for the past 2 weeks for my claim to be approved !!!

I Hate Samsung Tech / Executive support
Samsung USA customer support useless - i love this TV but hate suppor
post #7 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
qsl

So, the tech came by Thursday. Unfortunately he did not know much. Very nice guy, just that i knew more than him. On top of that, tech support told him the wrong issue with the tv so he was not prepared. In the end, he gave me a new adapter but it was older then mine. It did not fix the problem. I went to best buy last night and purchased the wis09ABGNX/XAA adapter and installed it. I tested it this morning and it does sometimes cut out, but the big difference is that it reconnects itself. Its almost not even noticeable. The tv now seems to be working almost as good as you can expect. It appears the problem was the dongle and changing to this other model seems better. Its funny because they are manufactured the same month and year as the one that came with the tv.

My remote also reboots randomly...
post #8 of 13 Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM

just call samsung and keep demanding refund for a new adapter, they should realize its not isolated problem !!!
post #9 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 04:54 PM

I have had my 9000 series TV for about 2 weeks now. I can honestly say that if I had read this forum before shopping I would've never purchased this TV. I am having the same exact issue with my 9000 and if I hadn't paid so much for it, I would have already thrown something through the screen. I have been on the phone with Samsung tier 2 support on and off for 3 days. They have done nothing to help my issue and all they want to do is blame my equipment ie: router/network. Folks I am here to tell you it is not our equipment. I have been an IT professional for about 15yrs specializing in custom networks and support. I have tried everything from a 600 dollar router to a 40 dollar router. There is no hope with setup I pulled from the Samsung box. They need to step up and fix this problem. Some smart mouth kid at Samsung reading from a computer's support flow chart telling me how a network works is not the answer. I have 16 other devices on my network, I'm so glad I had to spend 4k on a TV to find out I don't know what the hell I am doing and my network has issues. Step up Samsung!!!!!!
post #10 of 13 Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janaslade View Post

I have had my 9000 series TV for about 2 weeks now. I can honestly say that if I had read this forum before shopping I would've never purchased this TV. I am having the same exact issue with my 9000 and if I hadn't paid so much for it, I would have already thrown something through the screen. I have been on the phone with Samsung tier 2 support on and off for 3 days. They have done nothing to help my issue and all they want to do is blame my equipment ie: router/network. Folks I am here to tell you it is not our equipment. I have been an IT professional for about 15yrs specializing in custom networks and support. I have tried everything from a 600 dollar router to a 40 dollar router. There is no hope with setup I pulled from the Samsung box. They need to step up and fix this problem. Some smart mouth kid at Samsung reading from a computer's support flow chart telling me how a network works is not the answer. I have 16 other devices on my network, I'm so glad I had to spend 4k on a TV to find out I don't know what the hell I am doing and my network has issues. Step up Samsung!!!!!!

Return the TV and get a Samsung d8000, has the remote features of the c9000 plus better everything. It is also samsungs second attempt with the touch remote with duel view over a network. I feel like the c9000 was a beta test for features n design and to find out how much people would pay for its features. I really hope they got it right this time as I plan on getting a d8000.
post #11 of 13 Old 09-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Thanks all I am glad I found this thread. First off let me say I personally love my c9000 and think its the greatest tv on planet earth. I have had the tv maybe 8months and no issues. Picture perfect. I even think maybe the picture is getting better as cable makes more channels hd or upgrades their signal ?? For me its the daddy.

However yesterday I was thinking why do I need dvd's mailed to me when these streaming apps have all I need. Maybe its time go streaming 100%. Then I remembered the tv loses connection to the wifi router etc etc which is maddening and its just not good enough to rely on. As above.

So I'll probably try the new wifi adapter as suggested. Good thing its not internal. If there is a latest solution or someone found a setting let me know but that makes sense to me.

(ps then I just need a remote that does not have the 'exit' button right beside the down toggle so you allways hit it by mistake. Maybe there's a forum for that ... )
post #12 of 13 Old 09-21-2011, 10:25 AM

remote- iphone or ipod with Samsung app for free

wifi, - no solution - just keep updating setings every 2-4 days
post #13 of 13 Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM

I have solved this problem on my tv by connecting the dongle through the powered usb, so each time tv turned off and on I do not need to re-connect to the network again.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Factory 55 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Un55c9000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page