Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Looks like it is still DLP, with zero crosstalk.

That's not what I am hearing from reviewers of 3D DLP projectors.

Michael

Link(s)? I've read about issues with defective glasses, but not with the displays.

The DLP pixel speed is about 16 microseconds, compared to plasma at around 16 milliseconds. They are mirrors, so there is no residual image decay as with LCD and plasma pixels. Besides that, the "wobulation" mirror shifts every 120th of a second to display each eyes view one at a time, so it is impossible for both views to be shown at the same time. The only ghosting that can occur would be due to improperly synched glasses.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 163 Old 08-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

That's not what I am hearing from reviewers of 3D DLP projectors.
Michael

What reviews are those? The Optoma HD33, Acer H9500BD and BenQ W7000 get rave reviews for no crosstalk. Like mentioned if there is crosstalk on a DLP it is due to the glasses.
post #153 of 163 Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Liked: 10
bonjour,
hi
is a tv chinese but the panels is a LG

panel LG LC470WUE-SDP1 with Default Mode.

Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 7
Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 20
Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 20
Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 7

is this good or bad for crosstalk?
merci
THx
post #154 of 163 Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 AM

3D TV model: LG 50PZ250
3D glasses model: LG AG-S250

Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 2
Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 2
Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 2
Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 2

The crosstalk is horrible on this set, after watching a movie for 1 min you'll get a huge headache, even in bright scene's there is still a lot of crosstalk.
I called lg about it and they send a tech over, he agreed there was a lot of crosstalk but tells me its normal for this type of tv........
After \20 calls to lg their answer was it's in the specifications of the tv, wtf?
don't get me wrong, i understand there will always be some crosstalk with a active system but this is just to much.
anyone have a idea what to do?
post #155 of 163 Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezvez View Post

bonjour,
is this good or bad for crosstalk?
merci
THx
Salut! This is bad for crosstalk, considering you also have crushed blacks (you can't see 1-6).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellevbeek View Post

anyone have a idea what to do?
Buy a DLP projector and enjoy flicker- and crosstalk-free image wink.gif
post #156 of 163 Old 06-02-2013, 12:36 PM

which DLP projector can do a anamorphic vertical stretch to fill the screen when watching widescreen format movies?
post #157 of 163 Old 06-02-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontenicius View Post

which DLP projector can do a anamorphic vertical stretch to fill the screen when watching widescreen format movies?
lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A movie with good 3D does not necessarily equal a good 3D movie!

post #158 of 163 Old 08-18-2013, 07:33 AM

3D TV model: Samsung UA55F6100 55" LCD LED
3D glasses model: Samsung original battery powered.

Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 1
Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 9
Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 9
Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 1

In movies the crosstalk is almost not visible but in games like Crysis 3 for example, in dark places it's overkill.
post #159 of 163 Old 09-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Hi guys, I found this thread because I am currently dissatisfied by the crosstalk in my passive ASUS display. I'm getting faint ghosting outlines when viewing bright objects over dark background during games and movies, which really perplexed me because I've always heard that Passive 3D is "zomg ZERO crosstalk!" so if my Passive display is already exhibiting such a large amount of crosstalk in dark scenes, how can active displays ever be acceptable?

I'm on a quest to figure out if my VG27AH is a bad apple and I should exchange for another VG27AH, or this amount of crosstalk is normal/expected of all passive 3D monitors?

I'm using an ASUS VG27AH Passive 3D Monitor.
I'm using movie theater 3d glasses which are better than the ones that came in the box

Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 1
Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> about 23
Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> about 23
Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 1

Based on these results, isn't the VG27AH performing quite poorly for a passive 3D display? In literally all internet sources of passive 3D display that I have read, all say that passive 3D displays should have zero crosstalk, so my result should be "nothing" rather than "23". Should I exchange my monitor for another VG27AH, return it and buy a different Passive 3D display, or keep the monitor?

edit: After tweaking some settings I'm able to get it from 23 to about 38. Still, not as good as "no crosstalk", and at these settings the colors look so bad that it looks like I'm staring at a monitor from the 1980's!

Would a different brand of Passive 3D display perform better, or am I just too picky??
post #160 of 163 Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurpooh View Post

In literally all internet sources of passive 3D display that I have read, all say that passive 3D displays should have zero crosstalk

Would a different brand of Passive 3D display perform better, or am I just too picky??
Your TV is definitely not defective. It's normal to have some crosstalk on a Passive TV. My LG scores 1-20-20-1.

post #161 of 163 Old 09-22-2013, 11:32 PM

Hm.. thank you... so it seems like I should be happy with what I have or need to spend 1,000 dollars on a 1080p DLP projector which is the only thing above passive?

I guess it's good to know my crosstalk is below average but I'm still equally perplexed as before as to why passive is touted as "no crosstalk". At my specs, during any dark scene in any game or movie, any shining light will have pretty noticeable ghosting to the point of being annoying. I don't consider myself a very visually anal or perceptive individual but even I am annoyed by it. So is there something I'm missing, or do people just never view dark movies/games when judging 3D crosstalk??

Another question: What about NVIDIA 3D vision 2 with lightboost? A lot of people said that lightboost gives greater brightness and greatly reduced crosstalk compared to normal active 3D. What I could never find information on, was whether or not this new technology makes it better than existing passive 3D! Does anyone have any experience or information on it?
post #162 of 163 Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Other active or passive sets might do a little better than your set, but your set seems to be doing a nice job. If you want literally zero crosstalk, DLP is the only option.

But check the 3D depth/3D viewpoint setting or whatever it's called on your particular TV menu. Bring it back to the middle if it's not already. This will result in the least crosstalk overall for your TV when watching ordinary 3D movies etc.
monsieurpooh likes this.

post #163 of 163 Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well, I can't see the numbers 1 - 4, so I am going to have to work on the ranges from 5 upwards. I haven't tried the USB directly in the set, it's hard to get to without moving the TV. I played this via WD TV Live -> Marantz SR7005 -> TV. Interestingly, this is the first video file the WD couldn't play, I had to grab a screenshot through VLC, and play it as a photo.

Sony KDL-47W805 - Passive 3D

Left eye open/right closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 5
Left eye open/right closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 12 (ish)
Right eye open/left closed -> top half screen smaller visible number -> 5
Right eye open/left closed -> bottom half screen smaller visible number -> 5

The right lens might as well be a piece of clear plastic from what I can see, as it seems to merely tint the output. I can't watch 3D on this TV for more than a couple of minutes, the crosstalk makes it unbearable.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c8000 50 In 3d Hdtv Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread