Has anyone seen this before and if so, what is the problem?
I have made a warranty claim and am trying to get someone out to take a look at it.
I usually don't buy the Ext War, but am now thinking I should have.
- do you get the distorted picture on all inputs ?
- on the input(s) that is distorted, how are you connected to the video source - HDMI/DVI/component ?
- are you only seeing distortion on 3D or regular (2D) as well ?
- IF on 3D are you using the 2d->3d mode or is the video source sending true 3D? if so, what is the video source (bluray player,ps3,cable/satellite box) ?
So it probably happens on all inputs for you, but might be related to the HDMI decoder board so may not affect Component inputs, or other weird symptoms.
Samsung will have to replace a board inside the TV, I would bet.
AFAIK at least,
I observed the left half of the screen being pixilated and all of the colors distorted. When the line split someone's face, the bad side made the person's left half oif his face look like he had acne or skin look bad.
When I talked to the waranty company, HSC, they said that it was a light source issue and that the LED sight sources were not perfected like the standard LCD's. When I talked to the repair tech, he said that he would have to replace the whole screen.
With the holidays, he is scheduled to come out on Jan 3rd. He could have come out sooner, but I was unavailable.
Hen he comes out to do the work, I will get more info and will post what I learn.
I have a problem with the Samsung un46c8000, I'll pay you for your help. My brother changed the settings of the service menu, and now I do not know the original factory settings of the service menu.
There are problems:
1. TV does not turn off with the remote.
2. Stopped working buttons on the remote
3. TV does not detect WiFi adapter.
Probably there are many undetected changes.
Please help me, show pictures of the service menu with the factory settings.
I'll pay you!
|Samsung Un46c8000 46 Inch 1080p 3d 240 Hz Led Hdtv|