any Sony KDL-55HX800 owners - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my KDL-55HX800 for a while now. Its a great TV and I love the 3D on this set.

I have a question for other hx800 owners. When it is really quiet in the room with the TV, and you press the 3D button to enter 3D mode, can you hear a sort of hum or buzzing sound from the rear of the set. Mine sounds like its coming from the right rear. (side with the power button)

I never really noticed it until tonight, I was watching a 3D movie and I paused it to do something, I was the only one home at my house so it was really quiet. When I walked past the set I heard it. If I press 3D to exit 3D mode it goes away.

So, just wondering if other owners hear this also. Maybe I need to call support? Ive had the TV about 6 months now. Whats the warranty on this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-30-2010, 04:45 AM

yes I hear a slight buzz when I go to 3D mode.....it is very faint and I can not hear it unless I stand close to the TV
post #3 of 6 Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witnessthefunk View Post

yes I hear a slight buzz when I go to 3D mode.....it is very faint and I can not hear it unless I stand close to the TV

Thanks for the reply! Good to know its "normal"
post #4 of 6 Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 AM

Liked: 16
First off, sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this topic.

I got the KDL-55HX800 from Sony's replacement program in Nov/Dec of 2010. Last night I was sitting in my living room with the TV off, while I was on my laptop. I kept hearing a clicking sound coming from the TV, like when you turn it off and on. I thought maybe I was just hearing things but it kept occurring about every 30 seconds. I turned the TV on to see if I could figure out what was going on. The TV comes on, the Sony screen comes up, the program channel comes on, but after about 10 seconds the TV reboots (for lack of a better word), shuts off and comes back on. It does this constantly. I thought maybe it had to do with my surge suppressor and unplugged the TV from it and plugged it directly into a wall outlet. The problem still happens. The manual says to count how many times the "standby" light blinks off and on. I'm assuming the standby light is the red light on the front of the TV that comes on when you power the TV off. If it is, the light doesn't blink at all, it just turns on and off when the TV reboots. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what the problem may be and what to do. TIA.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 AM

aztony,

Could you please let me know if your TV is connected to a router and if it is connected to, is it connected to a Dlink routeur, if the answer is yes, let me know the model as there's a know issue which actually make the TV to reboot like that...

Thanks,
post #6 of 6 Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxime F. View Post

aztony,
Could you please let me know if your TV is connected to a router and if it is connected to, is it connected to a Dlink routeur, if the answer is yes, let me know the model as there's a know issue which actually make the TV to reboot like that...
Thanks,

Actually you're a bit too late as I do not have the TV any more. I went through Sony's exchange program and got another Sony model. To answer your question, the TV wasn't connected to a router directly but was connected to a D-link switch box, that was connected directly into the wall outlet for the ethernet. I use an Asus router to distribute the internet throughout the house. The TV was powering down and then turning back on about every 30 seconds. Now whether you could consider that rebooting I'm not sure about. I don't see how a router could or would cause that effect. You say it's a known issue, is there a website or forum I can find information on it? Maybe it's an issue with Sony TV's and not just D-Link routers.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page