Avatar 3D on Samsung UN55C8000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have the opportunity to get the original version of Avatar 3D. Its the version that comes with a new Panasonic 3DTV. But I get mine when I sold my Marantz SR6300 receiver to someone that also offers me the bluray movie as an extra.

This is the best movie I ever seen in 3D with the best 3D Effects. No ghosting at all even that I have an LED TV. I own also Monsters vs Aliens, Christmas Carol, Clash of the Titans; all in 3D but never ever it compares to Avatar 3D.

I checked on ebay the cost of the movie and its around $150. I'm thinking seriously in selling it for $95; but not sure yet. I already own 2D version in Bluray; but on the 3D version you can play it as 2D version as well. I have not tried yet on my PS3 but on the Samsung 3D BLuray player plays fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post

I have the opportunity to get the original version of Avatar 3D. Its the version that comes with a new Panasonic 3DTV. But I get mine when I sold my Marantz SR6300 receiver to someone that also offers me the bluray movie as an extra.

This is the best movie I ever seen in 3D with the best 3D Effects. No ghosting at all even that I have an LED TV. I own also Monsters vs Aliens, Chrristmas Carol, Class of the Titans; all in 3D but never ever it compares to Avatar 3D.

I checked on ebay the cost of the movie and its around $150. I'm thinking seriously in selling it for $95; but not sure yet. I already own 2D version in Bluray; but on the 3D version you can play it as 2D version as well. I have not tried yet on my PS3 but on the Samsung 3D BLuray player plays fine.

If you can sell it for $95 do it quick. Panasonic has announced a new promotion where they are giving Avatar Blu-ray 3D discs away with the purchase of their entry level 3D player that sells for under $200 discounted. As a result the high eBay prices will vanish soon. Here is the Amazon link with the offer already listed.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page