Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1727 Old 02-18-2011, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post

For what it's worth, True3d has charged my credit card...

But did they notify you that they have shipped anything to you yet? I'm afraid I know the answer but go ahead and tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1727 Old 02-18-2011, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFAN007 View Post

But did they notify you that they have shipped anything to you yet? I'm afraid I know the answer but go ahead and tell me.

It appears that folks will start receiving these next week. Retailers are receiving them now.

But the old adage may well apply here: you snooze, you lose.

There are still enough to fill orders, it seems, but that may not be true next week after everyone rushes those retailer that have it. It sounds like the second batch will come another month later.
post #453 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Warning to all you Tru3d buyers (myself included). They are ripping open the boxes and taking out the glasses for the $319 price. They then are selling the glasses separately or in a larger bundle with the box at higher price. I don't know how this affects your Optoma warranty, but Optoma could pull the plug on them for shady sales practices possibly.

I think some of you are expecting a pair of glasses along with the unit and will be upset, so I warn you now. I'm okay with it since I already have glasses and I like the cheaper price.

From what I can gather, it's a one or two man operation at best, despite what it says on their web page so not sure if they really are an authorized Optoma dealer. There orders are going through Google, so at least you can dispute it with Google if need be.
post #454 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:

that's BS

I sent an inquiry email to Tru3D yesterday at around 4pm. within the hour i had a phone call from them stating that they DO NOT charge your credit card until the item ships and he should have them this or next week. And he ships them so no duties at the border are charged to the end user (yet to be seen)
And because the CDN $ is higher than the US it works out cheaper for me $380 US (with global shipping) is actually less in CDN $$$ (hell has surely frozen over)

But i better not find out my card was charged.... I specificaly asked him and he confirmed no charge until item ships

I did notice that the $319 3D-XL didn't say anything about glasses.... makes sense now (but i don't think Optoma is going to like them taking glasses out of a manufacturer bundle) Regardless i don't care as i have 4 pairs of Ultra Clears that work great.

Here's hoping to see this bad boy shipped this moonth
post #455 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark View Post

that's BS

But i better not find out my card was charged.... I specificaly asked him and he confirmed no charge until item ships

When I ordered, it forced me to go through Google and it did charge my card.
post #456 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

that's BS

I sent an inquiry email to Tru3D yesterday at around 4pm. within the hour i had a phone call from them stating that they DO NOT charge your credit card until the item ships and he should have them this or next week. And he ships them so no duties at the border are charged to the end user (yet to be seen)
And because the CDN $ is higher than the US it works out cheaper for me $380 US (with global shipping) is actually less in CDN $$$ (hell has surely frozen over)

I did notice that the $319 3D-XL didn't say anything about glasses.... makes sense now (but i don't think Optoma is going to like them taking glasses out of a manufacturer bundle) Regardless i don't care as i have 4 pairs of Ultra Clears that work great.

Here's hoping to see this bad boy shipped this moonth

Google checkout did charge my card awhile ago...also they ordered these from optoma without glasses...these are not a bundle.
post #457 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post

Google checkout did charge my card awhile ago...also they ordered these from optoma without glasses...these are not a bundle.

I don't believe that. On the UK site it clearly states glasses are standard accessories. It just wouldn't make sense for them to rebox for one customer. Anyway, for the price, I will accept not receiving the glasses--just that they should make it clear on their site.
post #458 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

I will probably in the long run go with the field polarizer and passive glasses and only purchase 1 pair of ultra-clears which from what I gather here is the best bang for the buck.
post #459 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 07:50 AM

Something weird happening with my 3D-XL. Had it for about 5 days now, and I'm using PS3, SKY HD box with 3D, and a Sony 3D Blu-Ray player, passed through a Sony HT-AF5 5.1 system, then onto 3D-XL then Optoma HD67 (UK version of HD66). Using HDMI 1.4 to HT-AF5 (3 x 1m 1.4) then 5m 1.4 HDMI to 3D-XL then 5m 1.3b HDMI to the HD67.

The 3D aspects of the 3D-XL are superb. It handles everything you throw at it either SBS or interlaced. Amazing depth and colours, and all works flawlessly. There are the L/R syncing issues as mentioned previously, but HD67 has a 3D invert button on the remote so very easy (and obvious) to fix.

Reading the CD that came with the 3D-XL it states that there is pure 2D pass thorough, but I don't believe it. Prior to getting the 3D-XL I had a HDMI splitter bridging the 1.4 HDMI cable and 1.3b HDMI. Picture quality was outstanding whether playing blu-ray player or watching SKY HD both on 1080p. Optoma HD67 says 1080p (and relevant Hz, 24, 50 or 60). However, when passing through the 3D-XL, same sources say 1920 x 1080 and 60Hz. Now I know these should be the same, but why is the HD67 recognising a different signal. And it's clear the output is different. The signal is much more pixelated, and not good for anything that moves quickly. Almost as if its upscaling a 720 signal. If I switch the signal away from the 3D-XL and back through the HMDI splitter, all is well again. Any ideas??
post #460 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefarley View Post

Something weird happening with my 3D-XL. Had it for about 5 days now, and I'm using PS3, SKY HD box with 3D, and a Sony 3D Blu-Ray player, passed through a Sony HT-AF5 5.1 system, then onto 3D-XL then Optoma HD67 (UK version of HD66). Using HDMI 1.4 to HT-AF5 (3 x 1m 1.4) then 5m 1.4 HDMI to 3D-XL then 5m 1.3b HDMI to the HD67.

The 3D aspects of the 3D-XL are superb. It handles everything you throw at it either SBS or interlaced. Amazing depth and colours, and all works flawlessly. There are the L/R syncing issues as mentioned previously, but HD67 has a 3D invert button on the remote so very easy (and obvious) to fix.

Reading the CD that came with the 3D-XL it states that there is pure 2D pass thorough, but I don't believe it. Prior to getting the 3D-XL I had a HDMI splitter bridging the 1.4 HDMI cable and 1.3b HDMI. Picture quality was outstanding whether playing blu-ray player or watching SKY HD both on 1080p. Optoma HD67 says 1080p (and relevant Hz, 24, 50 or 60). However, when passing through the 3D-XL, same sources say 1920 x 1080 and 60Hz. Now I know these should be the same, but why is the HD67 recognising a different signal. And it's clear the output is different. The signal is much more pixelated, and not good for anything that moves quickly. Almost as if its upscaling a 720 signal. If I switch the signal away from the 3D-XL and back through the HMDI splitter, all is well again. Any ideas??

i noticed the same thing with sky hd, if you are watching sky hd 2d through the 3dxl set the resloution to 720p and the picture will look much better. The 3dxl is doing something to the sky hd 1080i signal. The strange thing is 1080p/24 from 2d bluray look fine and the problem only seems to be with the sky hd 1080i feed.

So the folks in the states might have a similar problem when trying to watch your 3d from you satelite/cable box if set to 1080i.
post #461 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPY View Post

i noticed the same thing with sky hd, if you are watching sky hd 2d through the 3dxl set the resloution to 720p and the picture will look much better. The 3dxl is doing something to the sky hd 1080i signal. The strange thing is 1080p/24 from 2d bluray look fine and the problem only seems to be with the sky hd 1080i feed.

So the folks in the states might have a similar problem when trying to watch your 3d from you satelite/cable box if set to 1080i.

yes. It seems to be the SKY HD signal it's struggling with. 1080p/24 from blu-ray looks okay. I'll try resetting SKY box to 720p and see what happens. Thanks
post #462 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

I don't believe that. On the UK site it clearly states glasses are standard accessories. It just wouldn't make sense for them to rebox for one customer. Anyway, for the price, I will accept not receiving the glasses--just that they should make it clear on their site.

I talked to tru3d direct, they set this up with optoma a while ago...also right now optoma is not bundling every 3d-xl with glasses, in fact if you look a couple people have even stated they are getting them without glasses and optoma will send later...I think tru3d got lucky and might get more 3d-xl's just because they werent bundled with glasses as I believe optoma is having a hard time making both...now thats my personal opinion but I am going by what I know and I see.
post #463 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart628 View Post

I talked to tru3d direct, they set this up with optoma a while ago...also right now optoma is not bundling every 3d-xl with glasses, in fact if you look a couple people have even stated they are getting them without glasses and optoma will send later...I think tru3d got lucky and might get more 3d-xl's just because they werent bundled with glasses as I believe optoma is having a hard time making both...now thats my personal opinion but I am going by what I know and I see.

So Stuart ...... do you "really" believe that Tru3d will have the 3D-XL by next week?
post #464 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So Stuart ...... do you "really" believe that Tru3d will have the 3D-XL by next week?

I am taking them for their word, I have heard three different things from different people (including optoma themselves giving me different stories).....I will say this, I believe tru3d so much that they are the only company I feel confident in placing a pre order in...I had a demo unit that was suppose to be shipped to me so I could review it for optoma...that was in Dec., then Jan, now because they got behind they are rightly so filling up their sales channels first so alot of reviewers that were suppose to get this, wont until later in the game....because i believe in this product I am going to buy one without even thinking twice to use in my "theater" setup at my house...I am just hoping I get to enjoy some killzone 3 in 3d this week
post #465 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 05:24 PM

I have just received an email from Consignia.ca with an attached letter from Optoma stating that the North American launch of the 3d-xl has been delayed until April due to manufacturing demands. It states that the entire North American launch will be simultaneous.
post #466 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefarley View Post

yes. It seems to be the SKY HD signal it's struggling with. 1080p/24 from blu-ray looks okay. I'll try resetting SKY box to 720p and see what happens. Thanks

Switching the Sky box to 720p for 2D does cure it but (as I just posted on another forum) :

We've all just waited months and shelled out £250+ for a box that should WORK!

I don't see why we should have to be switching outputs from a Sky box that outputs fine to other displays (i.e my TV) with no problem just because this new gizmo doesn't do what it said on the tin!

The 3DXL is suppposed to have 2D passthrough......that should mean it effectively cuts itself out of the chain when necessary.

I think Optoma should a) be made aware of this and b) come up with some sort of solution (firmware upgrade or whatever). What do others think?
post #467 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 PM

The letter was from the Optoma Canadian Marketing division, but is in response to the North American launch.
post #468 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Sorry for being repetitive. I did not realize that the Consignia letter has already been referenced on the previous page.
post #469 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybev View Post

Switching the Sky box to 720p for 2D does cure it but (as I just posted on another forum) :

We've all just waited months and shelled out £250+ for a box that should WORK!

I don't see why we should have to be switching outputs from a Sky box that outputs fine to other displays (i.e my TV) with no problem just because this new gizmo doesn't do what it said on the tin!

The 3DXL is suppposed to have 2D passthrough......that should mean it effectively cuts itself out of the chain when necessary.

I think Optoma should a) be made aware of this and b) come up with some sort of solution (firmware upgrade or whatever). What do others think?

???
post #470 of 1727 Old 02-19-2011, 11:00 PM

Darn, looks like I'll be playing Killzone in 2d till the end of next month then. I was really looking forward to this thing, kind of bummed to find out that it wont hit the US market till April-ish. Hopefully when they do release it here, there will be enough for everyone and I wont have to worry about being the first one to order it. I'm still itching to watch Despicable Me in 3D.
post #471 of 1727 Old 02-20-2011, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Comcast is launching their XF3D all-3D-all-day-long channel today to compete with Direct TV, and I don't have 3DXL to watch it...argh...my bet is April before the pipeline gets reasonably filled, so I see some unit coming to be used for display purpose in big-box and specialty stores only for now.
post #472 of 1727 Old 02-20-2011, 09:26 AM

Am I right by thinking with the european model we would need an electrical adapter to plug in?
post #473 of 1727 Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeezra View Post

Am I right by thinking with the european model we would need an electrical adapter to plug in?

The box has an adapter which has an interchangeable plug, it has a uk 3 pin plug and a 2 pin plug, however don't know if that would work in the states and will need to check if the adapter has a variable voltage.

I have just checked and the adapter is input 100-240v and the 2 pin plug lookas if it would fit the us socket.
post #474 of 1727 Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Has anyone talked to Consignia about why they charge your credit card when they don't have the 3D-XL to ship and can't seem to give you a for sure date on shipping??...........Is that good business??
post #475 of 1727 Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougES
Has anyone talked to Consignia about why they charge your credit card when they don't have the 3D-XL to ship and can't seem to give you a for sure date on shipping??...........Is that good business??
They will refund on request. They refunded my eBay purchase when I requested, without issue. Consignia is solid. If was still getting a 3dxl I would get it from them, even though I live in the states. Pretty sure I will do business with them in the future, worth the shipping.
post #476 of 1727 Old 02-21-2011, 04:58 AM

I agree Consignia is solid buy with confidence, unfortunate they did not get any of the 1st batch. They refunded right away when I requested.
post #477 of 1727 Old 02-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I also originally ordered via consignia, and can confirm that they were prompt to refund when requested. They were also very polite, interested in my reasons for cancelling, and when I told them (delays and other competitors available now), they thanked me for the feedback and promised to pass that along to optoma. I was quite impressed with their responsiveness and professionalism.
post #478 of 1727 Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 AM

yes consignia just refunded my money as well. solid company and a must visit for any projector needs

That being said i did preorder with Tru3D because of others suggesting they may get some. And after emailing them, Tru3D called me directly within an hour. He confirmed they do not charge your credit card and he insisted they will be getter some next week.

now i went thru the checkout and it appears google charged my credit card. I emailed Tru3D again two more times, and now i am not getting a reply or phone call. (my inquiry is about if/why they charged my credit card)
so i am starting to feel suspicous....... has anyone else ever bought from them? or cancelled and received a refund?
post #479 of 1727 Old 02-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Tru3d DOES not charge your card...this is what happened to me, I did see a placeholder in the same amount put on my card, then about 3-4 days later that hold came off, so as of sat that hold was off my card and the funds are still there ready for tru3d to come take them and give me my 3dxl, like hopefully today ( a man can dream right).
post #480 of 1727 Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 AM

NEW ARRIVAL

Optoma Technology 3D-XL Projector Adapter email print

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_Adapter.html
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Optoma , Optoma 3d Xl Converter Box For 3d Video And Gaming , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page