The "Official" Optoma 3DXL Owner's thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 06:04 PM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Polarity rotator adapter works perfect with 3D-XL's VESA output in system with single projector, silver screen and passive glasses.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

Polarity rotator adapter works perfect with 3D-XL's VESA output in system with single projector, silver screen and passive glasses.

Mathew Orman

?? Are you talking about a filter that will change the projector's linear polarization 90 degrees from horizontal to vertical?

Or do you mean a RealD style polarization switcher that flickers back and forth (as in theater style). I think you mean the latter right? A polarization plate.

That's excellent news - you tested it? How much do those cost?
rdjam is offline  
post #63 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
8:13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It flickers back and forth. lctecdisplays model fpr-tn


There is new, and then you are new.
This is a moral of the bears and their cereal.
8:13 is offline  
post #64 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8:13 View Post

It flickers back and forth. lctecdisplays model fpr-tn

Would be good to post some info and some pics of it. That's a pretty unusual application that might interest some.

Just looked it up, and it looks like you can get versions for linear or circular polarisation. Pretty cool.
rdjam is offline  
post #65 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 07:59 PM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

?? Are you talking about a filter that will change the projector's linear polarization 90 degrees from horizontal to vertical?

Or do you mean a RealD style polarization switcher that flickers back and forth (as in theater style). I think you mean the latter right? A polarization plate.

That's excellent news - you tested it? How much do those cost?

I can email you the link.

mathw_orman@yahoo.com
icester is offline  
post #66 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Member
 
Avatar26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast WI
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

Would be good to post some info and some pics of it. That's a pretty unusual application that might interest some.

Just looked it up, and it looks like you can get versions for linear or circular polarisation. Pretty cool.

Here is the actual implementation that can be purchased.

http://www.depthq.com/modulator.html

Shot a note off to see what pricing looks like, but guessing you are talking about $5,000 US or more just for the modulator. I also appears to require a 120Hz "page-flipping" projector, which to this point I believe would only include 720p projectors...
Avatar26 is offline  
post #67 of 1729 Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 PM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar26 View Post

Here is the actual implementation that can be purchased.

http://www.depthq.com/modulator.html

Shot a note off to see what pricing looks like, but guessing you are talking about $5,000 US or more just for the modulator. I also appears to require a 120Hz "page-flipping" projector, which to this point I believe would only include 720p projectors...

That one is for the huge commercial projectors that costs up to 100K.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
post #68 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Roughly what is the list price for these rotators?
rdjam is offline  
post #69 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
defiancecp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Icester's muxer is around $400. Looks like a good pairing with a 3d-xl, assuming the 3d-xl port is compliant with VESA. With the projectors now hitting the $500-or-under mark, a proj+3dxl+muxer would be a passive 3d setup for around $1300 altogether (plus screen).


*edit* - when I saw this thread start, I thought, I wonder how long it'll take icester to say something mean about the 3d-xl or dlp link - imagine my surprise when instead he makes something pretty darned useful :P

*edit again* - though I wonder if there's still some supposition being stated as fact? icester - have you had the opportunity to test the device with a 3d-xl yet? Even if you haven't, I believe it should work, but I think it makes sense to point out if you haven't tested it yet, right?
defiancecp is offline  
post #70 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
walford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Which HDMI output option do you select from the 3D-XL to the projector?
What are the restrictions on the specifications of the projectors that can be used?
I saw nothing in the 3D-XL users manual output use of the the VESA output connection, are there any 3D-XL settings required for it's use?
walford is offline  
post #71 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 08:44 AM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

Which HDMI output option do you select from the 3D-XL to the projector?
What are the restrictions on the specifications of the projectors that can be used?
I saw nothing in the 3D-XL users manual output use of the the VESA output connection, are there any 3D-XL settings required for it's use?

The VESA outputs 60Hz square waveform synchronous with the 120Hz frame and +5V power for the IR emitter.
So, there is no need for any setups.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
post #72 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 08:49 AM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post

Icester's muxer is around $400. Looks like a good pairing with a 3d-xl, assuming the 3d-xl port is compliant with VESA. With the projectors now hitting the $500-or-under mark, a proj+3dxl+muxer would be a passive 3d setup for around $1300 altogether (plus screen).


*edit* - when I saw this thread start, I thought, I wonder how long it'll take icester to say something mean about the 3d-xl or dlp link - imagine my surprise when instead he makes something pretty darned useful :P

*edit again* - though I wonder if there's still some supposition being stated as fact? icester - have you had the opportunity to test the device with a 3d-xl yet? Even if you haven't, I believe it should work, but I think it makes sense to point out if you haven't tested it yet, right?

I've never said anything wrong about 3D-XL only the facts like that it has no ability to correct the eye phase sync issue for DLP-Link Glasses and does not have a handshake connection for parallel use of two 3D-XL boxes.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
post #73 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
defiancecp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Theoretically, but optoma did several things in strange ways, I'd be concerned that they didn't comply with VESA standard... Especially since they don't seem to have published specs. Have you had an opportunity to test a 3dxl?
defiancecp is offline  
post #74 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 AM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post

Theoretically, but optoma did several things in strange ways, I'd be concerned that they didn't comply with VESA standard... Especially since they don't seem to have published specs. Have you had an opportunity to test a 3dxl?

Yes,
it works fine with the HD66 but there is also a phase adjustment in case there is a projector that has phase delay.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
post #75 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
walford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What make/model emitter and glasses did you use with the 3D-XL that you tested the use of the VESA port with?
walford is offline  
post #76 of 1729 Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

What make/model emitter and glasses did you use with the 3D-XL that you tested the use of the VESA port with?

No emitter. The VESA signal is used to synchronize the polarity rotator.
I use passive glasses.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
post #77 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Member
 
UnDecoded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking forward to hear from someone with an ir emitter to confirm if the setup with the 3D-XL is hassle free . Got a feeling it may end up costing the same as a new 1.4 pj with fully implemented 3d support though..
UnDecoded is offline  
post #78 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 AM
Member
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi from Aus!

Long time member and now first poster . Quite interested in deploying one of these and a hd66 in my lounge room but curious as to whether the hd66 is able to do 3d conversion of non 3d material? The reason I ask is that it might be cool to play the xbox in Quasi 3d for some titles (I believe gears of war 2 converts quite nicely on a 3dtv) and sports like the F1 might be good as well. I got the impression that if the projector has a conversion function then it would be disabled / useless when using a 3dxl? Or am I way off track? I have had 3 panny LCDs over a number of years (ax200 atm) so not new to projectors - just DLP 3d

Cheers

Steve

TK421 why aren't you at your post?.......TK421 do you copy?
TK421 is offline  
post #79 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
walford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by icester View Post

No emitter. The VESA signal is used to synchronize the polarity rotator.
I use passive glasses.

Mathew Orman

So do you output 720p frame sequential from your 3D-XL over HDMI to your PJ a then use the polarity rotator so that you can use passive glasses instead of active glasses?
What source or sources of 3D Content are you using to your 3D-XL?
walford is offline  
post #80 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Member
 
space123321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has there been anu updates regarding shipping of the 3dxl in the US/Canada? Everything I have read states 'end of Jan' - which is right around the corner!
space123321 is offline  
post #81 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Member
 
GunPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post

Icester's muxer is around $400. Looks like a good pairing with a 3d-xl, assuming the 3d-xl port is compliant with VESA. With the projectors now hitting the $500-or-under mark, a proj+3dxl+muxer would be a passive 3d setup for around $1300 altogether (plus screen).


Isn't the 3d-XL the "muxer"? If I'm understanding correctly, Icester's piece is a polarity flipper?

Also, doesn't this allow the possibility that the cheaper viewsonic "muxer" be used with the polarity flipper to lower the entry cost for passive by another ~$100?
GunPower is offline  
post #82 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thebard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPower View Post

Isn't the 3d-XL the "muxer"? If I'm understanding correctly, Icester's piece is a polarity flipper?

Also, doesn't this allow the possibility that the cheaper viewsonic "muxer" be used with the polarity flipper to lower the entry cost for passive by another ~$100?

I don't think we know yet if the viewsonic unit offers:

- 1080 output to compete directly with the optoma (the website just says "Deliver 3D images in HD 720p signal")
- an emitter output to allow pasive via the use of the polarizing unit (or ir glasses)
- a left/right select for passive via dual projectors
thebard is offline  
post #83 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Member
 
GunPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post

I don't think we know yet if the viewsonic unit offers:

- 1080 output to compete directly with the optoma (the website just says "Deliver 3D images in HD 720p signal")
- an emitter output to allow pasive via the use of the polarizing unit (or ir glasses)
- a left/right select for passive via dual projectors

I was asking specifically in the single dlp projector, 720p, 120hz scenario.
Because:
- Icester's polarity flipper is for passive *single projector* solution. If you have dual projectors, you wouldn't use a flipper.
- It was already stated that the viewsonic equipement only claims to work at 720p, so is only really a solution to the hordes of us with 720p 120hz projectors.
- The specific post that I had quoted was talking about a $1300 entry cost, with a 720p 120hz proj + "demuxer" (defiance cp said 3d-xl) + polarity flipper (which deficancep referred to as the demuxer - part of my question was for him to clarify).

Your point about the emitter is a valid one, but honestly, why would anyone bother building a 3d adapter box without one? You are right that it is possible that the viewsonic would not come with one, but I believe if that is the case it would be an example of hideous incompetence on their part. The whole point of the box is to expand compatibility - only morons would cripple it by making it incompatible with every tech out there that requires some kind of emitter (including but not limited to polarity flippers). Do you have any specific knowledge that suggests it doesn't have an emitter port?


Oh and next question: Why do these 3d adapter boxes have two inputs and one output instead of one input and two outputs? It seems like a huge engineering oversight to design a piece of equipment that forces an already cheap tech (hdmi switch) at the cost of an obvious market (dual projector passive). Unless there is some 3d tech I'm not aware of that feeds dual hdmi?
GunPower is offline  
post #84 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
 
icester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPower View Post

Oh and next question: Why do these 3d adapter boxes have two inputs and one output instead of one input and two outputs? It seems like a huge engineering oversight to design a piece of equipment that forces an already cheap tech (hdmi switch) at the cost of an obvious market (dual projector passive). Unless there is some 3d tech I'm not aware of that feeds dual hdmi?

I think it is becasue many people have HTPCs and Blu-ray players and it makes it convenient to have two inputs which can be selected with little aggravation.

Mathew Orman
icester is offline  
post #85 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Have the 3DXL working perfectly now, using a 3D Bluray player instead of the HTPC, over in the Ultimate 3D thread.

Getting ready to set up the second projector.
rdjam is offline  
post #86 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
walford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPower View Post

I was asking specifically in the single dlp projector, 720p, 120hz scenario.
Because:
- Icester's polarity flipper is for passive *single projector* solution. If you have dual projectors, you wouldn't use a flipper.
- It was already stated that the viewsonic equipement only claims to work at 720p, so is only really a solution to the hordes of us with 720p 120hz projectors.
- The specific post that I had quoted was talking about a $1300 entry cost, with a 720p 120hz proj + "demuxer" (defiance cp said 3d-xl) + polarity flipper (which deficancep referred to as the demuxer - part of my question was for him to clarify).

Your point about the emitter is a valid one, but honestly, why would anyone bother building a 3d adapter box without one? You are right that it is possible that the viewsonic would not come with one, but I believe if that is the case it would be an example of hideous incompetence on their part. The whole point of the box is to expand compatibility - only morons would cripple it by making it incompatible with every tech out there that requires some kind of emitter (including but not limited to polarity flippers). Do you have any specific knowledge that suggests it doesn't have an emitter port?


Oh and next question: Why do these 3d adapter boxes have two inputs and one output instead of one input and two outputs? It seems like a huge engineering oversight to design a piece of equipment that forces an already cheap tech (hdmi switch) at the cost of an obvious market (dual projector passive). Unless there is some 3d tech I'm not aware of that feeds dual hdmi?

These units have two separate HDMI inputs since they asume that you could have one input from a unit that plays 3D blu-ray disks and another input from a cable or satellite STB receving HDMI 1.4a 3D video content.
walford is offline  
post #87 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
defiancecp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPower View Post

Isn't the 3d-XL the "muxer"? If I'm understanding correctly, Icester's piece is a polarity flipper?

Also, doesn't this allow the possibility that the cheaper viewsonic "muxer" be used with the polarity flipper to lower the entry cost for passive by another ~$100?

Well, technically neither of them is really a muxer... The 3d stream is already multiplexed, so when working with one projector the 3dxl is just reconfiguring (though I suppose you could argue that it's demultiplexing+remultiplexing), and when operating in 2-projector mode it's functioning as a demuxer... Icester's device is a polarity flipper ...

I only used the term muxer because that's what he called it on his site :P



Also, note on the question about why not have 1-in-2-out so that the outputs could be left/right in one box - I bet the reason is that each output stream requires processing, and they didn't want dual video streams involved. Just a guess, but a similar reason was given in one of the discussions about the $1300 lumagen box...
defiancecp is offline  
post #88 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thebard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPower View Post

I was asking specifically in the single dlp projector, 720p, 120hz scenario.
Because:
- Icester's polarity flipper is for passive *single projector* solution. If you have dual projectors, you wouldn't use a flipper.
- It was already stated that the viewsonic equipement only claims to work at 720p, so is only really a solution to the hordes of us with 720p 120hz projectors.
- The specific post that I had quoted was talking about a $1300 entry cost, with a 720p 120hz proj + "demuxer" (defiance cp said 3d-xl) + polarity flipper (which deficancep referred to as the demuxer - part of my question was for him to clarify).

Your point about the emitter is a valid one, but honestly, why would anyone bother building a 3d adapter box without one? You are right that it is possible that the viewsonic would not come with one, but I believe if that is the case it would be an example of hideous incompetence on their part. The whole point of the box is to expand compatibility - only morons would cripple it by making it incompatible with every tech out there that requires some kind of emitter (including but not limited to polarity flippers). Do you have any specific knowledge that suggests it doesn't have an emitter port?


Oh and next question: Why do these 3d adapter boxes have two inputs and one output instead of one input and two outputs? It seems like a huge engineering oversight to design a piece of equipment that forces an already cheap tech (hdmi switch) at the cost of an obvious market (dual projector passive). Unless there is some 3d tech I'm not aware of that feeds dual hdmi?

Understood what you were saying; the other things I touched upon may have been superfluous (but could play into the price differences between the viewsonic & the optoma).

The descrition on viewsonic's website says "Compatible with any 3D-Ready DLP Link projectors equipped with HDMI input". Since dlp link relies on the projector for triggering the glasses, and since they don't specifically mention compatibility with other technologies, I think it's *VERY* possible that they won't offer the emitter option.

I'm just sayin'... I wouldn't preorder until I see the specs...
thebard is offline  
post #89 of 1729 Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
 
inefekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Hi from Aus!

Long time member and now first poster . Quite interested in deploying one of these and a hd66 in my lounge room but curious as to whether the hd66 is able to do 3d conversion of non 3d material? The reason I ask is that it might be cool to play the xbox in Quasi 3d for some titles (I believe gears of war 2 converts quite nicely on a 3dtv) and sports like the F1 might be good as well. I got the impression that if the projector has a conversion function then it would be disabled / useless when using a 3dxl? Or am I way off track? I have had 3 panny LCDs over a number of years (ax200 atm) so not new to projectors - just DLP 3d

Cheers

Steve

Join date - December 2001
Now that's what I call a LONG time to make your first post!

I'm certain the 3D-XL does not support this feature. My experience with on-the-fly 2d conversion to 3d is that it's generally a whole pile of crud, doesn't look good at all and there's all kinds of stuff going on with the picture that makes it feel as if you're on LSD. There's a good reason the guys behind Stereoscopic Player refuse to have that as a feature on their product.
I have an Acer h5360 (similar specs to the HD66) and I can tell you you're in for a very nice surprise. Proper 3D source material, like Avatar, is amazingly good.........IMAX good!
inefekt is offline  
post #90 of 1729 Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Member
 
TK421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt

Join date - December 2001
Now that's what I call a LONG time to make your first post!

I'm certain the 3D-XL does not support this feature. My experience with on-the-fly 2d conversion to 3d is that it's generally a whole pile of crud, doesn't look good at all and there's all kinds of stuff going on with the picture that makes it feel as if you're on LSD. There's a good reason the guys behind Stereoscopic Player refuse to have that as a feature on their product.
I have an Acer h5360 (similar specs to the HD66) and I can tell you you're in for a very nice surprise. Proper 3D source material, like Avatar, is amazingly good.........IMAX good!
Well yah know, took me a while to build up to it and all that! (but yes even I was surprised just how long ago it was ). I was a semi regular on the Aus forums few years ago but just an occasional observer here. You guys always seem to have worked out the answers by the time I got round to reading a thread .

Thanks for the comment. I suspected as much. Not a deal breaker for me or anything, just curious. Our local retailers have started listing the 3dxl for $690 aud. Given we are more or less a parity these days that's not that great. Still, apparently I will be able to demo it at the showroom for digitalcinema (Aussies should google) soon. The package price was $2080 for the 3dxl and the hd66. I think we need a couple of retailers over here to start packaging them up and the price might drop a bit. Still it will be a lot more than the u.s price!

Very interested to see the two in action with my own eyes nonetheless. Not sure if I am rainbow sensitive or not. Only ever seen one DLP projector and that was a Canon portable in about 2003. You could see trails behind things occasionally when fast moving video was shown - so I guess they are rainbows. I'm sure it would have had only one colour wheel though.

Thanks for the comment!

cheers

Steve

TK421 why aren't you at your post?.......TK421 do you copy?
TK421 is offline  
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Optoma , Optoma 3d Xl Converter Box For 3d Video And Gaming , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off