The "Official" Optoma 3DXL Owner's thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last
3D Displays > The "Official" Optoma 3DXL Owner's thread
shack96's Avatar shack96 11:56 AM 04-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRamblin View Post

You're dead right, April 26th.

They just today charged my credit card, so I'm assuming all is go.

Edit: Just got an email that my order is being "processed", no shipping info yet

Edit 2: Received a second email from Tru3d with a USPS tracking number!

Ditto! Now I'm getting excited!

kevivoe's Avatar kevivoe 11:56 AM 04-26-2011
I had received an e-mail indicating order processing. I contacted Reed and we determined my shipment would arrive on Friday of this week. Unfortunatley we are going to leave town for an emergency and I would not get the box this week. I asked to upgrade shipping and Reed responded within minutes with a modest upcharge. Hopefully we can get our box in house before we leave town.

I don't want this thing bounced arround the post office until Monday. The last USPS delivery I received was not brought to my door for signature even though I had someone in the house to sign for it. The postal worker simply left a note in our box to pick up the package at the post office. That steamed me. USPS charged me for 3 day delivery that actually took 5 and made me drive to the office to pick up!
yes dear's Avatar yes dear 12:10 PM 04-26-2011
Have not gotten the True3d shipping confirmation / tracking number yet. Fingers crossed. Thank-you for helping me keep hope alive.
wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 01:05 PM 04-26-2011
Preordered one from Tru3d too. I really hate not ordering from Amazon, and especially ordering something not in stock. It just seems like everyone is in fill backorder mode though.
kevivoe's Avatar kevivoe 01:49 PM 04-26-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Preordered one from Tru3d too. I really hate not ordering from Amazon, and especially ordering something not in stock. It just seems like everyone is in fill backorder mode though.

I received an order received e-mail, then I received an order processing e-mail then a shipment e-mail with tracking number. Now all I need is the USPS to deliver on their highest priority which is unkown to me. Priority was 1-3 days I don't know what "express" means with the USPS.
schmluss's Avatar schmluss 06:54 PM 04-26-2011
Received mine today from J&R for use with my HD66. Glasses come inside a brown box with the full color 3dxl box. So they can fairly easily be sold without the glasses. Hooked up to Directtv and PS3. Directtv has the two channels in 3d that looked great. Disappointed that ESPN3D does not show reruns between their live events. Do not have a bluray yet to test on the PS3 and with theplastation Network down could not download Vudu or 3d to watch from it.
3Dophile's Avatar 3Dophile 08:28 AM 04-27-2011
I see people who order from Amazon/J&R/Adorama (for $399+) and a guy from Compusa (383) talk about having received product, but no one who's paid less than that 383.

I placed an order today for a VP3D1 from pcsuperstore (really Cost Central) and FTIComputer both of which said 1 in Stock. I get an email from FTIComputer that said it would take 10 to 15 to receive the product from the manufacturer. Really, is that what you consider IN STOCK? Then I called pcsuperstore/CostCentral about that order and they said, 'Sorry the one unit has been sold already'. REALLY? I called them before placing the order and they confirmed 1 was in Stock. Bold face liars.

Why is this the most difficult product to get your hands on? 2+ month delay from 'Mid February release'.

Hey Optoma, Viewsonic, next time you make an announcement shoot real conservative on the release dates and try to 'under promise and over deliver' - not the other way around.
LostRamblin's Avatar LostRamblin 08:33 AM 04-27-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dophile View Post

I see people who order from Amazon/J&R/Adorama (for $399+) and a guy from Compusa (383) talk about having received product, but no one who's paid less than that 383.

I placed an order today for a VP3D1 from pcsuperstore (really Cost Central) and FTIComputer both of which said 1 in Stock. I get an email from FTIComputer that said it would take 10 to 15 to receive the product from the manufacturer. Really, is that what you consider IN STOCK? Then I called pcsuperstore/CostCentral about that order and they said, 'Sorry the one unit has been sold already'. REALLY? I called them before placing the order and they confirmed 1 was in Stock. Bold face liars.

Why is this the most difficult product to get your hands on? 2+ month delay from 'Mid February release'.

Hey Optoma, Viewsonic, next time you make an announcement shoot real conservative on the release dates and try to 'under promise and over deliver' - not the other way around.

Tru3d is listing in stock and has shipped to me yesterday for $299 (sans glasses). USPS says it'll be here tomorrow
wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 11:25 AM 04-27-2011
Awesome stuff. I got a "Tracking Number" too. I am not too sure why they call it that when it is never updated till you already have the item.
maintman's Avatar maintman 12:27 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:

I ordered it Tuesday morning from compusa for 350 plus shipping. That includes a pair of glasses.
3Dophile's Avatar 3Dophile 01:08 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maintman View Post

I ordered it Tuesday morning from compusa for 350 plus shipping. That includes a pair of glasses.

From the Compusa website: "Usually Ships in 7 - 21 Days"

which is the equivalent to: "We have no idea when Optoma will send these to us"

UPDATE: After I contacted CompUSA they emailed me this: "We do have it in stock, but the shipping will take 7-21 days." 21 days, by what, donkey? This is crazy...
3Dophile's Avatar 3Dophile 01:12 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:

Tru3d is listing in stock and has shipped to me yesterday for $299 (sans glasses). USPS says it'll be here tomorrow

Tru3d doesn't allow returns, no thanks.
LostRamblin's Avatar LostRamblin 01:30 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:

Tru3d doesn't allow returns, no thanks.

Really?

http://www.tru3d.com/company/commitm...3D%20Warranty.

Does say you only have 1 day to inspect package and they claim to have a 1 year warranty on products

And there's this :

Products (except for memory products and CPU's, which shall receive no credit and only be repaired or replaced as new), may be returned for credit within the first fifteen (15) days from the original invoice date. During first 7 days of purchase, products received and authorized for credit return, which are as new and unopened, may be returned without a restocking fee (restrictions may apply due to price drop or market volatility). After first 7 days of purchase yet still within 15 days of purchase will qualify for credit and are subject to restocking fee up to 15%. Products returned for credit and received by TRU3D after fifteen (15) days from the original invoice date will be repaired or replaced. Credit period may vary by location, and when offered by any TRU3D Corp. location outside of the United States of America; credit period offered, may not exceed 15 days from date of original invoice. Warranty terms may differ so please refer to your local TRU3D Branch outside the United States of America for more details.

Do you just mean you'd like to reserve the option to return it on a whim? I'm pretty sure I want the box, so not a huge concern...
3Dophile's Avatar 3Dophile 01:43 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:

Really?

http://www.tru3d.com/company/commitm...3D%20Warranty.

Does say you only have 1 day to inspect package and they claim to have a 1 year warranty on products

And there's this :

Products (except for memory products and CPU's, which shall receive no credit and only be repaired or replaced as new), may be returned for credit within the first fifteen (15) days from the original invoice date. During first 7 days of purchase, products received and authorized for credit return, which are as new and unopened, may be returned without a restocking fee (restrictions may apply due to price drop or market volatility). After first 7 days of purchase yet still within 15 days of purchase will qualify for credit and are subject to restocking fee up to 15%. Products returned for credit and received by TRU3D after fifteen (15) days from the original invoice date will be repaired or replaced. Credit period may vary by location, and when offered by any TRU3D Corp. location outside of the United States of America; credit period offered, may not exceed 15 days from date of original invoice. Warranty terms may differ so please refer to your local TRU3D Branch outside the United States of America for more details.

Do you just mean you'd like to reserve the option to return it on a whim? I'm pretty sure I want the box, so not a huge concern...

from their website:

20. RMA 3D Adapters: TRU3D will NOT accept any return for any 3D adapter kit.

That's sounds pretty definitive, even if its DOA. Lame.

And Optoma will NOT honor the warranty since the product is not being purchased by an Authorized Vendor (of which Tru3D is not).

p.s. this has nothing to do with whimsical returns i.e. free rentals
LostRamblin's Avatar LostRamblin 05:31 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:

from their website:

20. RMA 3D Adapters: TRU3D will NOT accept any return for any 3D adapter kit.

That's sounds pretty definitive, even if its DOA. Lame.

And Optoma will NOT honor the warranty since the product is not being purchased by an Authorized Vendor (of which Tru3D is not).

p.s. this has nothing to do with whimsical returns i.e. free rentals

Good spot, that does sound pretty definitive - though the term RMA implies a return to the manufacturer - so perhaps they're specifically referring to dealing with the manufacturer on behalf of the customer.

Considering Optoma's track record, perhaps this is a necessary concession.

Well, I'll cross my fingers that the box works so I won't have to round up the legal team.
kevivoe's Avatar kevivoe 05:58 PM 04-27-2011
My 3D-XL shipped overnight via USPS Express.

Two things that amaze me 1) Tru3D finally shipped the 3D-XL 2) The USPS actually delivered on time.

Sounds like Tru3D has plenty of these in stock. I don't think any DOA boxes are reported but if they are why not simply contact Optoma? They are the manufacturer.

Ultra-clear glasses are preferred "comfort wise" over the Optoma ZD101's but "function wise" the Optoma's are better for the auto sync.

Since I have 9 pairs total it will be a while until I need new glasses. By then a 5000 Lumen 1080p PJ supporting 3D may be available ... I hope.

kev
wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 08:29 PM 04-27-2011
5k lumen would burn my eyes on my Silverstar That would be nice for 1 gain screens though.
3Dophile's Avatar 3Dophile 10:46 PM 04-27-2011
Why pay $400 for the 3DXL simply for the emitter out port when you can get the Viewsonic VP3D1 for $249 from J&R? I've got my order in and I've cancelled all of my other 3d adapter orders. They say they're shipping on May 2nd.
kevivoe's Avatar kevivoe 05:56 AM 04-28-2011
Quote:

Why pay $400 for the 3DXL simply for the emitter out port when you can get the Viewsonic VP3D1 for $249 from J&R? I've got my order in and I've cancelled all of my other 3d adapter orders. They say they're shipping on May 2nd.

I don't know where you see the $400 3DXL but there are places selling it much cheaper too. Don't think I have seen $249 yet.

In 6 months these functions will be built into projectors so they have a short half life in the market.
kevivoe's Avatar kevivoe 06:02 AM 04-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

5k lumen would burn my eyes on my Silverstar That would be nice for 1 gain screens though.

I studied the silverstar and about 26 other screens before I ultimately picked the Da-Lite high-power. With the right projector (vertical shift ability) the high-power beats anything handily. I've tested many screens.

The best screen has to be paired with the proper projector. A silverstar would be great for a lower lumen PJ and ceiling mount. A high-power may be better if you wish to mount the PJ lower. The high-power absolutely wins when it comes to ambient light in the room. It's retro reflective properties prevent image washout with light coming from anywhere by the PJ lens. I paid only $600 for the high-power but I had to spend much more for a theater PJ with vertical lens shift to use it properly. I am limping by with the HD66 and a 3DXL just to get 3D mode.
wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 11:51 AM 04-28-2011
I paid 299 for my 3D-XL and can get a second to do Passive 1080p projection. 50 buck for a ir port and future expandability, and actually getting it, seems pretty fair.

I tried table mounting my projector but really got sick of people walking in front of it, so ceiling mounting is really the way to go for me. I really want an Optoma GT720 so I can ceiling mount it close to the screen. Then I could stand up and play Killzone 3 in 3D with the gun controller. That would be pretty awesome. The High Power really kills the SS on price and shipping and weight. The SS is basically a giant sheet of particle board.
3Dophile's Avatar 3Dophile 01:56 PM 04-28-2011
[quote]I paid 299 for my 3D-XL and can get a second to do Passive 1080p projection. 50 buck for a ir port and future expandability, and actually getting it, seems pretty fair.[quote]

Anyway wouldn't you need two 120Hz 1080p projectors that support 3D to do the passive setup? Do they need to be 3D-compatible? Is a projector that does 120Hz automatically make it 3D compatible? Which projectors can support the 3DXL's 1080p L/R out? Anyone know?
wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 02:11 PM 04-28-2011
One 3D-XL passes the right eye info at 1080p60 (or 24 for movies which is awesome) to one projector, the other 3D-XL passes the left eye info to the other projector. They don't need to be 3D compatible, but passive filter compatible, which is easiest for a dlp projector. LCD can be tricky but doable, and there are special filters to pass even more brightness from them. You do need a special polarized screen. I already bought the material to use in my frame for 360.
There are lots of 1080p 120 Hz projectors, only one that is 3D compatible. The problem is none of them accept a 120Hz input signal.
LostRamblin's Avatar LostRamblin 04:11 PM 04-28-2011
Box arrived today - little upset to see they (tru3d) shipped it in the manufacturers packaging. Lucky no one at the USPS knows how rare these are...

Box was in good condition, but definitely opened and the glasses removed (as promised).

The box works like a dream and I'm pretty damn happy with it. VLC playing MKVs looks amazing and I about lost it when I saw wipeout in 3D.

But yeah, Tru3d - $319 with priority shipping - boxes on hand. Worth every penny.
curtishd's Avatar curtishd 04:33 PM 04-28-2011
I'm interested to see how we can get bluray playback in a passive set up.
Zappdap's Avatar Zappdap 04:55 PM 04-28-2011
Quote:

Box arrived today - little upset to see they (tru3d) shipped it in the manufacturers packaging. Lucky no one at the USPS knows how rare these are...

Box was in good condition, but definitely opened and the glasses removed (as promised).

The box works like a dream and I'm pretty damn happy with it. VLC playing MKVs looks amazing and I about lost it when I saw wipeout in 3D.

But yeah, Tru3d - $319 with priority shipping - boxes on hand. Worth every penny.

Hey bud, I'm about to order mine. Guess I'll order the one with 2 pairs of glasses. How long did it take to get to you?
matthughes032's Avatar matthughes032 06:36 PM 04-28-2011
Quote:

How are you playing files with vlc media player on a blu ray player?
wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 08:45 PM 04-28-2011
curtishd, see this thread about dual passive projection
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1280393
JoeGilmore's Avatar JoeGilmore 10:47 PM 04-28-2011
Aloha! Just got my 3d-xl and trying to use it with an Optoma Pro 350W. 120hz works well but with the over/under I'm getting 1 good screen (right eye) and the left is like a frozen frame. I tried the firmware update and it just started up instead of the 2 LEDs flashing. I hate to be a vidiot, but any ideas? Thanks!
robdman's Avatar robdman 11:49 AM 04-29-2011
this came up today on 3dtv news wire,The company will be showing off a full passive 3D package this weekend in Hugo, Minnesota.

If you happen to be in or around Hugo, Minnesota today or tomorrow, we have a demo for you. A few of Twin Cities' finest have pooled resources (and projectors) to put together a passive 3D demo.

The demo is a joint effort between Jeff Proctor of AED Home Theaters and the three principals of Vista 3D. The shutter-free 3D demo will take place today and tomorrow at the Eagle Shores model home at 12416 Everton Circle N in Hugo. Demo times are from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on both days.

This particular setup can use any brand of DLP projectors. In this case, it's two Optoma TH-1060 projectors strapped into a special mount, and then connected to a small switchbox and a computer that feeds Blu-rays and processes dual HDMI video outputs to display passive 3D.

Of course, with 3D being a bit of a hard sell, there are a few advantages to this type of setup. First of all, you do have the option to pick your own DLP projectors, which boast a super-bright, 1080p image. Also, that computer can pull double-duty for any of your other PC or HTPC needs. Last, and most important, because the setup uses polarized 3D glasses, the glasses are uber-cheap.

"They took about a year to engineer and source the components necessary to build this systemthe Vista 3D," said Michael Doperalski, sales representative for Vista 3D. "They used the dealer as a source of industry knowledge about 3D, price points, etc."

If all goes well with the demo, the company plans to sell two package systems. One will include two of the Optoma projectors, a screen, the Blu-ray player, four pairs of passive 3D glasses, and all of the other necessary hardware. The other includes everything except the projectors, which means you can pick whatever you like.

Vista 3D lists the full package for $16,999.99, knocking $3,000 off the package without the projectors. Stop by and let them know (us too!) what you think of the demo.

"I saw the system for the first time about a week ago and it looked very good, although the hardware still has a bit of a prototype look to it," teases Doperalski. "I saw a demonstration of the LG CF3D just a few days later and the Vista 3D seemed to outperform it, based on observations like seeing an object fly out to your nose on the Vista 3D system, but in the same scene on the LG the object only flew out a few feet from the screen.
Tags: Optoma , Optoma 3d Xl Converter Box For 3d Video And Gaming , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop