Panasonic VT20/25's Q: Will there be a 2D to 3D firmware update? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I couldn't pass up the deal on the P50VT20 bundle I got at Best Buy. I like to do a lot of gaming on my PS3 and Sony will be making their fair share of 3D games (GT 5, Killzone 3, etc). I also have a few 3D sources at the moment like AT&T/On Demand and there is also 3D blu-ray which is limited right now to it being an emerging technology.

I know the 2010 Panasonic VT models do not (I think) do 2D to 3D conversion. Is there any news or is it possible to make that conversion happen like with a firmware upgrade? Sony made their PS3 3D-capable via a firmware update so I would think, using my average human brain , that the technology is possible for Panasonic to do so.

I didn't yet have the TV delivered; it is to come Feb. 4th. I know Samsung has a couple of Plasmas capable of doing the 2D to 3D conversion and it sounds like those who own them and use that conversion mode are happy.

I'm sure I will be very happy with this TV for a long time. I've heard that some improvements were made in the 2010 year for PQ. A regular 2D PQ is extremely important to me. Next would be the 3D, and finally 2D to 3D. I heard that the 2011 Pannys VT and also I think GT will do the 2D to 3D conversion. This is my first Panasonic and I don't know how much thought Panasonic gives towards customers post sale.

I think this is the only thing I overlooked when I bought this TV. I wouldn't say I would do things differently if I had another chance though.

Anybody wondering the same regarding 2D to 3D conversion? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Since you don't have the "bundle" yet, maybe you could get your BB to agree to give you a credit on the soon to be released Panasonic Blu-Ray 3D player that does allow for 2D to 3D conversion.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
I doubl that the sets in question have enough unused firmware memory space to add the 2D to faux 3D upgrade function.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 02:02 PM

First off the 2d->3d conversion tech isn't that good. I had a c8000 and it was cool for about 5 minutes. Second, none of the 2011's from the ST to the VT will do the conversion bc the new players will do it.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-22-2011, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post

Second, none of the 2011's from the ST to the VT will do the conversion bc the new players will do it.

According to Cnet 'All three series will get 2D to 3D conversion systems'

R
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page