Which secondary 3d TV is best for me? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need to figure out which secondary 3d TV will complement my Acer H5360 *dlp* setup.

The background: The "family" Xmas present this year was the Acer H5360 (and one "testing" pair of viewsonic *dlp link* glasses) which was opened with much excitement by the family, amidst promises of 3d console gaming and 3d Blu-ray movies in the theater room... Well, that's not as easy as I had first thought since sans 3D-XL it is usable only by PC. Last night as I was working on hooking up the PC (which is my all important gaming PC that nobody else is allowed to touch ... lol) I received looks of disapproval from my wife and children. They want their 3d.

So, I need a secondary display solution for the living room. This display *needs* to support 3d console game support out of the box - primarily CoD:Black Ops on the 360 (favorite game for the kids) - but also PS3 games. It would also be super great if it supported 3d Blu-ray out of the box - although I do have a BR drive coming for the PC/Acer in the theater room so I suppose it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't.

My first guess is that the Mitsubishi DLP lineup is what I should be looking at. But, there have been a lot of Samsung plasma combo deals that are very attractive. 720P is fine (family can't tell the difference but I can). I just really don't want to double-dip for the glasses.

Are the Samsung plasmas in any way compatible with dlp-link glasses?
I have pretty much ruled out nVidia 3d-Vision because of the secondary display need, but maybe they would work with a mitsubishi or samsung?

Looking for suggestions on the perfect complement...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Doesn't work with DLP glasses, but is plug and play with 3D game consoles, 3D Blu Ray players, and 3D cable boxes:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN50C4.../dp/B003XDU6EQ
post #3 of 3 Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofyhairguy View Post

Doesn't work with DLP glasses, but is plug and play with 3D game consoles, 3D Blu Ray players, and 3D cable boxes:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN50C4.../dp/B003XDU6EQ

That is the exact Samsung TV that I was considering. Any chance that it is compatible with nVidia glasses? If it was, I could return my one set of dlp glasses and go nVidia glasses so as not to double dip.

Otherwise, I'm leaning towards a Mitsubishi dlp.

Thanks for the direct link.

Edit: Or possibly the Samsung glasses are compatible with the Acer H5360 in nVidia mode? But that would still need some kind of emitter...
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page