Samsung 3d dlp + 3dc-100s = 3d - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 242 Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone from canada was able to get this adapter, and if so how?

I called Unisen which is the ONLY place where you can be the adapter which told me they do not ship to Canada, I called Mitsubish Canada and they told me a was SOL, since Mitsubishi dont sell tv in canada they do not offre this adapter, even though this adapter is clearly made for Mitsubish and samsung tv which are sold here.

I tried contacting the office of the president of Samsung Canada and unfortunately they just don't care about Canadian customer, the answer i got from them is they were still waiting for their engineers for a firmware and cannot help me with the adapter...

Also if someone have Mr. Dan Schinasi email address can you please send it by PM to me please,maybe he can be more helpfull than the oop of samsung...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 242 Old 02-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdunwoody View Post

Bought the Mits 3DC-100S adapter and just watched my 1st 3D movie on my HL-T7288W TV, loved it. Then I tried 3D on my HR22-100 Directv reciever and no go. I t says my TV is not 3D capable. Called the directv tech rep, and of course the tier 1 reps don't know anything. By the way I'm running the rcvr directly to the 3DC-100 then to the TV.

I read thru this entire thread and appears everone else wasn't having this problem with 3D on DTV.

When I watched the movie from my sammy I just turned everything on and it worked. When I talked on the DTV rep she said my TV had to support side b side, and while I was troubleshooting I found the mits adapter would output a side by side picture but this still didn't help, DTV rcvr still says my TV isn't 3D capable.

From another thread I read people were having trouble with HDMI-CEC, so I turned it off on my HL-T7288, which also didn't help. I also did the reset on te HR22 to no avail.

I stumped on what to try next, so I was hoping some of you DTV users would be able to help.

thanks, John

we have the same tv and i have a hr22 as well....is it setup hr22-avr-3dc100s - tv? cause that didnt work for me either i had to go hr-22 to 3dc-100s to tv and then optical to avr for directv to work
post #153 of 242 Old 02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger45 View Post

we have the same tv and i have a hr22 as well....is it setup hr22-avr-3dc100s - tv? cause that didnt work for me either i had to go hr-22 to 3dc-100s to tv and then optical to avr for directv to work

The 3DC-100S would a have been a great product if Mitsubishi had not placed EDID restrictions on the device that screw those of us who own HDMI 1.3 AVRs. Part of the blame is also on DirecTv since believe their 3D signal would pass trough an HDMI 1.3 AVR except for the fact that they also use stupid EDID restrictions.
post #154 of 242 Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Can't wait til I can get the adaptor and emmiter seperately. $450 is too rich for my blood. I will never ever buy a mitsubishi TV. So any future 3D tv's I get won't be compatible with the glasses they are trying to pawn off on me. So I am just forced to wait. I won't beable to enjoy PS3 games in 3D until I can get this new adaptor, or a bite the bullet and buy a smaller 3D plasma or LED.

Sony KDL-70R550A (passive 3D tv)
Denon x4000 (amazing sound correcting software)
Klipsch RF-62IIs (amazing horns)
Klipsch RC-62II (so clear)
Klipsch RS-41IIs (so full)
SVS PC12-NSD + Klipsch RW12d (so boom)
post #155 of 242 Old 02-20-2011, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post
Can't wait til I can get the adaptor and emmiter seperately. $450 is too rich for my blood. I will never ever buy a mitsubishi TV. So any future 3D tv's I get won't be compatible with the glasses they are trying to pawn off on me. So I am just forced to wait. I won't beable to enjoy PS3 games in 3D until I can get this new adaptor, or a bite the bullet and buy a smaller 3D plasma or LED.
The 2010 Samsung sets use the same glasses as in the kit. You could alwys sell the glasses and movie on ebay to get back some of your cost.
post #156 of 242 Old 02-21-2011, 09:53 AM

reply to slinger 45:

I set-up the same way you did (HR22, 3D-C100S, TV) then optical to AVR, but I still get the message "TV is not 3D capable". Is it a EDID problem? When I was on the phone to DTV, she mentioned DTV only supported side by side 3D, and I see the 3D-c100 will output that signal, is that the way you guys do to get 3D on DTV?
post #157 of 242 Old 02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Did you cycle through the 3D options on the c100s and select SbS.
The cd100 only outputs Checkerboard but will accept HDMI1.41double packed buffer 3D, SbS, 3D or TnB 3D as input.
The CD100s should be providing EDID statting this and the DirecTV receiver should output to it.
Did you contact D* to insure that they had downloaded to your HR22 that it should be accepting 3D content?
post #158 of 242 Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Yes I did cycle thru to get side by side 3D output from the 3DC100, and I thought the rep on DTV said I should be able to get 3D but she didn't say anything about a special download. I'm thinking it's a EDID issue, but I don't have the equipment to check it.
post #159 of 242 Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Yes I did cycle thru to get side by side 3D output from the 3DC100, and I thought the rep on DTV said I should be able to get 3D but she didn't say anything about a special download. I'm thinking it's a EDID issue, but I don't have the equipment to check it.

A couple things to check that I've seen in other posts: Make sure the hdmi cable from the HR22/100 to the Mitsu box is a high speed cable.

and with everything turned on, unplug the HR22/100, then plug it back in after 15 seconds and let it reboot. It is possible the box isn't detecting or changing to 3d mode if you hot swap HDMI cables. My D* box recognized the Mitsu adapter without a reboot, but some people didn't seem to have any luck with that.

This stuff is frustrating to not work without all this messing around. Maybe a replacement box from Mitsubishi is needed.
post #160 of 242 Old 02-22-2011, 01:56 PM

I thought because my 3D sammy blu-ray worked OK that my HDMI cables were OK, but I bit the bullet and ordered 3 high speed cables just to make sure, I'll test them this weekend when they come in.
post #161 of 242 Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I thought because my 3D sammy blu-ray worked OK that my HDMI cables were OK, but I bit the bullet and ordered 3 high speed cables just to make sure, I'll test them this weekend when they come in.

I doubt the cables are your problem but I hope you find your solution soon. Good luck.
post #162 of 242 Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Some users have had sucess with 50 foot standard speed HDMI cables which is surprising.
In any case standard speed HDMI cables do not appear to have a problem with 3D content with any cables under 15 feet.
post #163 of 242 Old 02-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb2012 View Post

Anyone from canada was able to get this adapter, and if so how?

I called Unisen which is the ONLY place where you can be the adapter which told me they do not ship to Canada, I called Mitsubish Canada and they told me a was SOL, since Mitsubishi dont sell tv in canada they do not offer this adapter, even though this adapter is clearly made for Mitsubish and samsung tv which are sold here.

I don't have the adapter yet either for the same reasons as you. However I did come across this link at
3dglassesunlimited . com / samsung-adapter-only-from-the-3dc100s-starter-kit-p-79(you will have to format to remove spaces and such to work as I don't want to anger any mod gods)

at $250 for just the adapter is it way expensive,(and I haven't asked if they ship to canada but I think from past post reading, they do), but if you go Ultra clear dlp link (and add nickle55's rainbow block film fix) or UC IR with one of the home brew emitters that are being worked on (you can find in the threads here in the 3d sections) and this becomes quite a bit cheaper than the full kit.

The other thing this points to for me is that the 3dc-1000 are moving out of stock and that the 3dc-100s will be moving into more retail/wholesalers shortly.
post #164 of 242 Old 02-26-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhetman View Post

I wish I could buy just the 3dc-100s by itself, I already have enough DLP link glasses as well as the DVD's.. I have the the kit with the Geffin already and it has been a nightmare to work with. I still can't get it to work and I have a Onkyo 5008 1.4 HDMI receiver.

Try this: http://www.3dglassesunlimited.com/sa...3b35ba665f1605
post #165 of 242 Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by high def mon View Post

Try this: http://www.3dglassesunlimited.com/sa...3b35ba665f1605

$250 for a $100 device is a total rip off. At least with the kit you get an IR emitter and two pairs of glasses. That stuff will all sell on ebay easily. It is well worth it to buy the whole thing and sell what you don't need, unless you want to get hosed by these crazy mark-ups.

A closer check on that site shows them selling UC DLP Link glasses for $90, which is $30 more then Ultimate3dHeaven. They are ripping people off all over that site.

Quick math on average prices:
3DC-1000s on Amazon for $400

Emitter - sells for at least $100-125
2 sets of glasses (Samsung 2100AB) - Around $75 each

So, that leaves you paying around $125 for the adapter only, or pay $250 from the above site with no hassle. IMO the money is worth the hassle.
post #166 of 242 Old 02-27-2011, 07:34 AM

Well I finally got 3D on DTV. I'm embrassed to say, but the problem was I grabbed the wrong cable in the jumble coming from the back of my cabinet, and it was the one from my Denon AVR. It's a HDMI 1.3 and it doesn't pass the 3D signal. I'm really embrassed because I should have realized that if I still had sound it had to be going through the AVR.

Everything is fine except that my 6 month old AVR is useless and I'm back to using a HDMI switch. I only bought it to allow direct audio demodulation and eliminate the HDMI switch.

Also it appears that when I switch my HL-T7288 into 3D mode it switches to dynamic mode and only allows me to adjust brightness and contrast.
post #167 of 242 Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels55 View Post

$250 for a $100 device is a total rip off. At least with the kit you get an IR emitter and two pairs of glasses. That stuff will all sell on ebay easily. It is well worth it to buy the whole thing and sell what you don't need, unless you want to get hosed by these crazy mark-ups.

A closer check on that site shows them selling UC DLP Link glasses for $90, which is $30 more then Ultimate3dHeaven. They are ripping people off all over that site.

Quick math on average prices:
3DC-1000s on Amazon for $400

Emitter - sells for at least $100-125
2 sets of glasses (Samsung 2100AB) - Around $75 each

So, that leaves you paying around $125 for the adapter only, or pay $250 from the above site with no hassle. IMO the money is worth the hassle.

Agreed that it is overpriced but it is still cheaper than the TRU3D solution and is an alternative for those that already have DLP link glasses.
post #168 of 242 Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 AM

Nickels55,

Not sure I understand your math....as the kit seems to be available only from Mitsubishi (which charges tax and shipping making that kit around $480).

First you state that the "3DC-1000s" which is not actually a product. It is 3DC-100S. Also where do you see that anywhere on Amazon or eBay? Can you provide a link for it. I don't see it anywhere, let alone for $400. I ended up getting mine from that site because I could not find the adapter by itself anywhere (I didn't want a workaround).
post #169 of 242 Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
My math was in fact fuzzy. Unfortunately I was looking at the 3DC-1000 kit on amazon and not the 3DC-100S. Sorry.

So, does that make the $250 for the adapter alone worth while? It certainly gets closer to being the right price but that is still expensive. It is worth while to just update the TV's EDID and use the regular 3DA-1 adapter. The $150 mark-up just to work on a Samsung seems a bit outrageous, especially since you can flash the TV's EDID to work with the $100 adapter.
post #170 of 242 Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 AM

Any one uses 3dc-100s with Comcast? Mine works great with PS3, but I cannot get it to work the Comcast, even when viewing 2D channels. The picture and sounds cuts in and out every second. The Comcast is connected to the receiver (Denon 4311, html1.4) and the 3dc-100s is between the receiver and the TV. Is this due to some HDCP issues?
post #171 of 242 Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinmanc View Post

Any one uses 3dc-100s with Comcast? Mine works great with PS3, but I cannot get it to work the Comcast, even when viewing 2D channels. The picture and sounds cuts in and out every second. The Comcast is connected to the receiver (Denon 4311, html1.4) and the 3dc-100s is between the receiver and the TV. Is this due to some HDCP issues?

What happens if you connect it comcast box ->3DC-100s->TV
If you retain the same problem use the hdmi cable from the PS3 and try it between the comcast and samy box. If you still have a problem, then get help from comcast tech support or visit their office and swap boxes. Just eliminate one piece at a time until you find what is failing.

Every time you replace a piece, go through the startup sequence listed in the Samy box instructions to make sure everything powers up and recognizes the components. You might include all the models of your tv and comcast box on here. Don't know how long you'll have to wait to find someone with your exact setup, but by the elimination process you can go through all the steps a tech support person will ask you to go through. Will save you some time on the phone.
post #172 of 242 Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxguy View Post

What happens if you connect it comcast box ->3DC-100s->TV
If you retain the same problem use the hdmi cable from the PS3 and try it between the comcast and samy box. If you still have a problem, then get help from comcast tech support or visit their office and swap boxes. Just eliminate one piece at a time until you find what is failing.

Every time you replace a piece, go through the startup sequence listed in the Samy box instructions to make sure everything powers up and recognizes the components. You might include all the models of your tv and comcast box on here. Don't know how long you'll have to wait to find someone with your exact setup, but by the elimination process you can go through all the steps a tech support person will ask you to go through. Will save you some time on the phone.

Thanks for the advice. I tried calling Comcast, but was unable to talk to anyone about it. Comcast has a automated system with voice recognition that just not working. Anyway I just went to the service center and got a box (Motorola 3400) that is supposed to work with 3D.

Well, it does work when the Motorola box is connected to 3dc-100s directly, but not to the receiver and then to 3dc-100s. Denon 4311 has html1.4, so it should be able to pass 3D videos, right? I am getting a message saying "copying of html videos is not allowed" or something like that, and I got a green screen. Boy, I hate HDCP!

BTW, the TV is HL67A750.
post #173 of 242 Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. I tried calling Comcast, but was unable to talk to anyone about it. Comcast has a automated system with voice recognition that just not working. Anyway I just went to the service center and got a box (Motorola 3400) that is supposed to work with 3D.

Well, it does work when the Motorola box is connected to 3dc-100s directly, but not to the receiver and then to 3dc-100s. Denon 4311 has html1.4, so it should be able to pass 3D videos, right? I am getting a message saying "copying of html videos is not allowed" or something like that, and I got a green screen. Boy, I hate HDCP!

BTW, the TV is HL67A750.

OK, I've got a 61A750

So the problem is the Denon box. I was worried about my Onkyo 608 AVR since I had read there were people having problems with it, but it works fine without having to do anything else. Go to Denon support and see if they have any firmware upgrades.

You can try messing with the settings on the Denon AVR to see if it is doing any processing to the video signal. Turn off any input processing on that input and set it to anything that resembles a pass-thru or off. Also make sure your TV is identified as PC per instructions with the TV.

You may be stuck leaving it setup wired direct and returning the audio from the TV via a digital link to the Denon. I've noted lots of people in this section have had to do that as a work around. Too bad because that is a pricey box. I did glance at the specs and it says it works with a BluRay player (like the PS3) but doesn't mention any other 3D device. You could test running the hdmi cable from Comcast into the input you use for the PS3 to see if anything changes.
post #174 of 242 Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Not sure where to put this, but I started a thread in 3D Tech Talk

I recently got a Mitsubishi 3dc100s adapter and installed it between my Directv HD DVR and my Samsung 67A750. It had been working perfectlyfor about 3 weeks. Yesteray I tried using an HDMI switch to hook up my DVR and PS3 to the adapter, then to HDMI3 on the TV. It didn't work, wouldn't pass the signal. So I removed the switch. The PS3 3D throught the adapter still works fine, but I am unable to get 3D on D* with the same exact connections as before. I get the message that my TV doesn't support 3d. I tried unplugging everything and reconnecting, rebooting my DVR, swapping out HDMI cables, and it still won't work. I called D* and after 45 min, they were unable to solve the problem. Any suggestions? Any ideas what's going on? Should i try swapping out another HD DVR (same model HR22) from another room, where I don't need 3D. Help!!!
post #175 of 242 Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:

BTW, the TV is HL67A750.

I have the same cable box and got around this by using component to the receiver.

Technology is a hell of a drug...
post #176 of 242 Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eYeKey View Post

I have the same cable box and got around this by using component to the receiver.

Let me get this right. You connect the cable box to receiver using component, and the receiver to 3dc-100s using html, and it works? How do you connect the audio to the receiver? Are you able to get 5.1?
post #177 of 242 Old 03-12-2011, 11:04 AM

OK, I connected the set-top to my receiver with components video and optical audio. It worked, with 5.1 audio (though so far, all the 3D videos from Comcast have only 2 channel audios). So I was able to use my receiver to switch between PS3 and Comcast, without using a hdmi switch. Thanks for the helpful suggestion.

So I have now two ways to watch Comcast. I still keep the original hdmi connection for regular channels, but use the component for 3D programs. The receiver has two hdmi outputs, and I use the 2nd one to connect to the 3D adapter. I added a "3D TV" activity to my Harmony to make all the necessary connections, and it seems to work, sorta. There are still a couple of manual steps that I am trying to automate (or at least reduced to a single Harmony bottun): I need to
1. turn Sammy HL76A750 to 3D mode 1, and
2. select 3D mode in 3dc-100s to either up/down or side-by-side.

Both of these requires pushing buttons to cycle through list of options, and I couldn't find discrete codes to select the exact feature, so it is not wife-proof yet.

All in all, the 3d adapter works as advertised, and I have arrived at a workable setup, so I am happy. I do wish that Comcast/Motorola can fix the problem with the set-top box. Comcast also needs to document such workarounds in their web site. Their technical support is pretty useless.

Once again, I have found answers in avsforum, in this thread and in others. A big thanks.
post #178 of 242 Old 03-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Congrats to those who got the Mitsubishi 3DC-100S working with their Samsung DLPs. I couldn't get mine to work. My setup as follows:

PS3 ROM version 3.60 --> 3DC-100S --> Samsung HL67A750A1F on HDMI3/DVI that I assigned "PC" as the name. The input source name is still HDMI3/DVI, "PC" only serves as the description of the HDMI3/DVI input. If this isn't right, I don't know what else I should do in terms of renaming.

Here's my power-on sequence:
1/ Turned on the TV, select HDMI3/DVI (with PC appears in white underneath the orange HDMI3/DVI lettering as the description for this input). Tried but could not put this input in 3D mode at this point.
2/ Turned on the PS3, which automatically turned on the 3DC-100S
3/ Got "Mode Not Supported" error message.
4/ Tried to put the Samsung HDMI3/DVI in 3D mode by hitting "Tools" on the remote. There's no 3D option at the top of the pop-up menu. Occasionally I did see the 3D option after several tries, but it's not there 95% of the time no matter what I did. In the Picture menu, under Picture Options, the 3D Effect selection is grayed out. Even when I was suceessful setting the HDMI3 input to 3D mode, the "Mode Not Supported" error message was still there.
5/ Cycled the 3D modes on the 3DC-100S made no difference. There are apparently three modes. I assume the "Normal" mode is when the 3D Status LED on the 3DC-100S goes out. This LED comes on for the other two modes.

Questions:

1/ How do I enable the 3D feature on my PS3? I reset the display setting (held the power on for 5 seconds or so during power up, then select HDMI resolution, etc. Since I didn't have a real 3D TV for it to recognize, the PS3 didn't go to 3D mode. PS3 3D was not enabled as far as I knew. I was hoping the 3DC-100S to fool the PS3 into thinking that it's connected to a 3D TV, but since the display mode was not supported per step #3 above, there's no display for me to see to enable 3D on PS3.

2/ Any idea what I should no next? I called Mitsubishi, but they refused to help because my TV was a Samsung, and not of theirs.

Thank you very much in advance for any help/comments.
post #179 of 242 Old 03-12-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTN1 View Post

1/ How do I enable the 3D feature on my PS3?

The first time I turned on my PS3 with the mitsu box and 61a750 thePS3 went through a setup routine automatically- here is how to do it manually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_4DQCoX_zY

You can't get the tv to toggle to 3d mode unless you are playing 3d content on the PS3 and both green lights on the mitsu box are lit.

Hope that works.
post #180 of 242 Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxguy View Post

The first time I turned on my PS3 with the mitsu box and 61a750 thePS3 went through a setup routine automatically- here is how to do it manually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_4DQCoX_zY

You can't get the tv to toggle to 3d mode unless you are playing 3d content on the PS3 and both green lights on the mitsu box are lit.

Hope that works.

Thanks wxguy for the YouTube link, but it didn't work for me because I did not have a 3D TV for the PS3 to recognize. The YouTube video was meant only for those who hook up their PS3 to a 3D TV. The Hitachi HL67A750 is not a 3D TV as far as the PS3 is concerned. My PS3 never seems to work with the 3DC-100S, and was never able to put itself in 3D mode automatically. I tried to enable it manually after hooking it up to the Mitsubishi 3DC-100S, but the display never worked for me to see what's on the screen. Kept getting the "Mode Not Supported" error. Thanks.
Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page